Thread: GCD curse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Have you tried Demo lock? I find it pretty fast paced with haste stacking

I hate energy - it's meaningless at high gear levels, and insufferable at low gear levels. The real gameplay comes from combos/chi anyway. And I agree, faster GCD feels better on melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I think the entire point is that nobody wants to, and with WoW nobody really has 3s cast times these days outside of Fire Mage legendary bracer proccs (shimmer hooo). It's the reason I couldn't get on with the Final Fantasty (iirc) mmo that came out; 1.5s is horrible enough but 2.5s GCDs were canceR.
    Moonkin says hello..

Full Moon is a 3 sec cast. Lunar Strike is 2,5 sec cast... And for some reason, haste is pretty rare on leather gear..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you've got me curious. Which class would have the highest apm in average gear?
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Now you've got me curious. Which class would have the highest apm in average gear?
    Outlaw Rogue is top according to SimC (too lazy to check every spec individually myself so, going with that unless otherwise told):

http://simulationcraft.org/reports/T20_Raid.html

Quote Originally Posted by hambanner View Post
    Doesn't feel slow at all, definitely not as slow as my rogue outside Adrenaline Rush.
    See above. It might not feel as slow due to being nearly GCD-locked compared to Outlaw being fast-slow-fast-slow - which I personally can't stand - but DK is definitely slower overall, and for me personally the GCD matters a lot more than being GCD-locked (although I also prefer to be GCD-locked *shakes fist at Frost DK in Cata making me this way*).

50% more time between abilities is a long time when you're used to it being faster. If you did Chronomatic Anomaly in Nighthold, when it hits the slow phase, that's how every 1.5s GCD class feels to me.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-11-24 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Moonkin says hello..

Full Moon is a 3 sec cast. Lunar Strike is 2,5 sec cast... And for some reason, haste is pretty rare on leather gear..
    and yet you cast full moon in like 1.3 seconds with all of their haste mechanics and heroism up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    and yet you cast full moon in like 1.3 seconds with all of their haste mechanics and heroism up
    You cannot factor in bloodlust, as it last a small fraction of a fight..

Full Moon takes ~2,5 sec fully buffed at iLevel 935 for me.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2017-11-25 at 11:23 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Outlaw Rogue is top according to SimC (too lazy to check every spec individually myself so, going with that unless otherwise told):

See above. It might not feel as slow due to being nearly GCD-locked compared to Outlaw being fast-slow-fast-slow - which I personally can't stand - but DK is definitely slower overall, and for me personally the GCD matters a lot more than being GCD-locked (although I also prefer to be GCD-locked *shakes fist at Frost DK in Cata making me this way*).

50% more time between abilities is a long time when you're used to it being faster. If you did Chronomatic Anomaly in Nighthold, when it hits the slow phase, that's how every 1.5s GCD class feels to me.
    Surprising outlaw is that high as it just feels so incredibly slow to play but I guess it's with good gear and in a raid situation as for just general questing and dungeons on my shitty geared rogue alt it just feels so incredibly slow outside of adrenaline rush or good procs. No surprise about shadow coming in second.

You cannot factor in bloodlust, as it last a small fraction of a fight..

Full Moon takes ~2,5 sec fully buffed at iLevel 935 for me.
    There is a passive on the artifact that gives +1% haste, stacking, every time you cast a spell with Incarn up

T20 set gives a huge amount of haste

Every haste source multiplies with eachother

I've had full moons around 1.2 - 1.4 seconds quite often, a lot of spells with cast times lower than the small GCD. Balance is one of the highest APM specs in the game right now with an average of more than 1 cast per second on a 5 minute ST raid fight!

i've been maining monk for a while, and have been working on my ret paladin lately and i've not found myself frustrated over any GCD, if you know the rotation you should be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a passive on the artifact that gives +1% haste, stacking, every time you cast a spell with Incarn up

I've had full moons around 1.2 - 1.4 seconds quite often, a lot of spells with cast times lower than the small GCD.
    Incarnation is 20/180sec = 11% of the time.
    You need to look at permanent things, before you try to factor in short time bonusses..

T20 is quite elusive... I have ONE piece so far..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2017-11-25 at 04:44 PM.

Incarnation is 20/180sec = 11% of the time.
    You need to look at permanent things, before you try to factor in short time bonusses..

T20 is quite elusive... I have ONE piece so far..
    Incarnation is 30 seconds and with the most common legendary combos the cooldown is dramatically reduced. The #1 log on Goroth gets second incarn 1:45 after casting the first one and has it for 42.72% of the fight.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=102560

we're 5 months into t20, it's very easy to get; even in one reset you can wipe everything on heroic, normal and LFR. I got like 6 piece t20n+ and 4 piece t19h+ in a couple days on my druid from inviting a bunch of druids and having them trade the pieces that they already have
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-11-25 at 05:06 PM.

Oh there are still classes that have 1 sec GCD?

7+ Year Old Account
    frost dk does good with gcd's
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RotDog View Post
    I play FFXIV as much as WoW, so none of the GCDs feel slow to me anymore lol.
    Yep. WOW feels like playing a button mashing fighting game in comparison. FFXIV has a 2.5 sec GCD. It's deliberate though, they want a slower pace to fights that has more of a FF feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Oh there are still classes that have 1 sec GCD?
    Thankfully yes, playing 1.5s classes is so slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    frost dk does good with gcd's
    Frost DK is (nearly) GCD locked. That's not the same as having a 1sec GCD; DK still has a 1.5s GCD, which feels slow.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-11-27 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Yep. WOW feels like playing a button mashing fighting game in comparison. FFXIV has a 2.5 sec GCD. It's deliberate though, they want a slower pace to fights that has more of a FF feel to it.
    I hated it at first, but now I really prefer it. I don't think it would work in wow, though.
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

Deleted
    Poor you.

Try having 3s cast times and fight mechanics that require constant movement..
    yep whole caster design should be adressed or melees toned down

Moonkin says hello..

already in early stages of Legion this was pointed out as nonsense, not to mention wrath + lunar strike and moonfire + sunfire doing more or less the same, you just have to artificially press 2 more buttons to do the same

in the world or in PvP the gameplay often feels different than in raids (which is not the best design, especially in PvP it should not be that different) and I assume many players spend majority of their time outside of raids (for example feral feels much faster and responsive than moonkin in PvP, world solo content,...), especially simulated raids, I guess thats a Patchwerk fight not a heavy movement fight that kills ranged dps

I've had full moons around 1.2 - 1.4 seconds quite often, a lot of spells with cast times lower than the small GCD. Balance is one of the highest APM specs in the game right now with an average of more than 1 cast per second on a 5 minute ST raid fight!
    bringing all haste buffs and gearing towards haste in order to justify your argument is a dead end, every other spec discussed here can do that as well, bloodlust screws statistics for raiding because its always present, haste and buff stacking in general changes gameplay significantly for certain specs while does not affect others as much