Quote Originally Posted by GrillGates View Post
    Went from silver to Platinum (2600SR) over the past 2 days and then i came in shitloads of groups where people refuse to switch and people trolling / being toixc and now im down at 2300... FML.
    Also fuck solo queue.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes sense... I guess i got marked as "smurf" cuz' i went on a super winning streak with 76% win over 7 hours.
    Cuz' the games i've joined lately has been a pure joke.
    Won't say I got marked as anything as the reddit post is pure hypothesis, but I've also encountered this. I have been playing Moira a LOT and won quite a few matches and even end the game with about 2-4 golds (elims and obj elims, along with healing, and usually with an obj time on top of it). She's damn near designed for that with an orb that can tag every enemy in a team fight. Most of the games were with smart people who know how to strafe around and avoid a lot of avoidable damage, and my healing orb could usually be reserved for myself (usually with teammates too, just be smart about the bounce).
    Now, I'm encountering mostly flanker style players or 3-4 support main comps, or Rein's that suicide charge, Winston suicide jumps, etc. I change my healer depending on comp. My playstyle hasn't gotten worse, and I've actually IMPROVED as a support player; but my team members seriously seem to have downs right now. People die 1v2 while trying to flank while we have a 5v4 on point (that we are losing because Rein won't quit swing his hammer at DVa that's S keying away and leaving us all exposed to a sniper and 76), and the flanker starts bitching that we lost because Moira is a terrible healer. I've had other games with Widows that stand in the open and fire at us unopposed that I've had to chase away as either Mercy or Moira, which obviously means I can't heal, simply because no one would shoot at her and were lobbing Hanzo arrows into a Rein shield. Am I happy I had to do that as Support? No, but at least the second support was responsive and knew to focus healing themselves when I announced I was doing that, trying to get our damage to apply SOME pressure. That's the quality of team members I am getting the last couple of days.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-12-04 at 03:29 AM.

Some of the points in that Reddit post are true and pretty commonly known, he formatted it well though and posted it in a space with more traffic.

The gateway game he mentioned absolutely is a thing, and incredibly easy to recognize and even predict, when me and my bud make new accounts we can very easily tell when the difficulty instantly sky rockets.

And its got to the point where this game isnt enjoyable unless you're tryharding to some exhausting degree.
    Competitive games should be about tryharding.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been paying hyper focused attention to just playing my best characters and getting medals....went on a 5 game win streak. Played 1 match where I did not do well as pharah on ilios, immediately lost next 4 games with teams who locked 4-5 dps from the start and got curbstomped. I don't know how I've never noticed this before. This is shit.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Have done the same in the past and lost over 500. Robots on here will say that means you're bad and it's Blizzard trying to force you where you belong, but gosh darnit you just are stubborn and somehow keep rising to the higher rank. Hrm...it's almost like the system doesn't actually work to place you at the proper skill and instead just continues to make sure you never rise above certain marks.
    I am now at 2890 rating and was at 2914, was at 2600 earlier after losing 200 points, now faced team full with diamond players with only platinum on my team and I lost 24 points when losing, our McCree decided to just stand and watch instead of participating in fights too so we were playing 5v6. We got it to almost draw vs team with average 90 higher rating than us and I lose 24 points. This matchmaking doesn't create fair matches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Some of the points in that Reddit post are true and pretty commonly known, he formatted it well though and posted it in a space with more traffic.
    I didn't even bother reading it. As others pointed out, it shouldn't be difficult for him to post evidence of his suspension.

I think Blizzard does a lot of things I wouldn't exactly call intelligent, but banning someone for "sharing internal data" is not one of those things. Not because I don't think they wouldn't do it if they were trying to hide how their system works, but because banning a guy for "sharing internal data" is like saying "yes, that is exactly how the system we don't want you to know how works actually works".

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yeah, because I know 5 other people who will play at the same times as me every time I play. At best I can gather 1-3 others, rarely ever 5.
    You are not thinking big enough. You have lots of options, you just don't choose to do them.

You can fill your friends lists with anyone you meet who you think plays well enough to your standards. You invite as many people as you can when you log on. Sometimes someone says, "Hey I have a friend can they join?" You say yes, and if they are good you put them on your friends list.

You can also join discord servers like 'looking for team' which is dedicated to finding people at what ever rank you are. There are also people there who advertise for permanent teams on set play schedules.

You can fix this, you just don't want to. You want some impossible button that puts you with the best of the best that never loses and if you are relying on a random group button you are doing it wrong.

I'm sure you are capable of doing it, now stop inventing reasons why it won't work and just do it and quit crying about the cards you are dealt when you could be chosing your hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Whats the point of SR in Overwatch then if personal skill doesn't matter and its just "random" or "play with your friends".

You must realize how pointless this argument is

- - - Updated - - -

And you dont need to defend overwatch, they make enough money without you.

And speaking of money, people spent it on the game, theres no single player campaign to fall back on. Its not a big ask of an online competitive game to have a match making system outside of "have 4 other people online everytime you want to play or dont bother playing it at all"
    Sr lets you identify people who should be on your level, and if you find out they are not you can remove them from your friends list and never worry about playing with them again.

This isn't about defending overwatch, this is about you guys crying that you have no options and the only option you have is shitty but you refuse to fix it yourself. I swear half of you just want something to bitch about. I can't get a job because I don't have a car and I don't have a car because I don't have a job, waaaaaaah. Take a bus until you make enough money to get a car, there are cheap cars out there that will last you until you can get a better car. Stop pretending to be the victim of the system.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You are not thinking big enough. You have lots of options, you just don't choose to do them.
    No, I don't have lots of options as I queue with friends, not random people from internet. I have no desire to go into a premade with random people from internet who I don't even know.
    You can fix this, you just don't want to. You want some impossible button that puts you with the best of the best that never loses and if you are relying on a random group button you are doing it wrong.
    No, I want the system to actually work. If they're worse than me they shouldn't be at the same rating as me. If I play solo, I should be placed with people who are at similar skill level as me, not people who barely seem to know the game despite being diamond players when someone picks their one-trick character, which is often genji or mercy.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't about defending overwatch, this is about you guys crying that you have no options and the only option you have is shitty but you refuse to fix it yourself.
    Matchmaking systems should be about queuing people with similar skill against each other. If there are wildly different skill levels on the same rating then that's a sign that the matchmaking system is in fact broken.

I swear half of you just want something to bitch about. I can't get a job because I don't have a car and I don't have a car because I don't have a job, waaaaaaah. Take a bus until you make enough money to get a car, there are cheap cars out there that will last you until you can get a better car. Stop pretending to be the victim of the system.
    Are you done? I dont see what that has anything to do with wanting a semi decent match making system in an ONLINE PVP GAME.

Im not buying a car, I already have one thanks.

If free games like Dota 2 / LoL can manage it then Im sure blizzard can come up with something with their $50 game
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-04 at 05:37 AM.

Deleted
    The matchmaking system and decay serves no purpose when it comes to placements it seems. I can hit Masters after doing my placements, then decay to 3000SR because i only do placements, return next season, lose 9 matches out of 10 and still place Masters and even higher SR than previous season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Are you done? I dont see what that has anything to do with wanting a semi decent match making system in an ONLINE PVP GAME.
    I mean, I get where he is coming from. It's not like he's full of shit. I just have no intention of supporting the current implementation of stacking.

Who is Blizzard to assume that everyone in a group is coordinated and not just smoking weed and talking about the new justice league movie? If being grouped together puts you at a disadvantage, why do players you assume aren't going to work together deserve that advantage? I mean... It's their fault for not communicating with their team and trying to win even if they do lose, but if they win they are still rewarded for not working with their team and you just get punished for wanting to play the game with and talk to your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Been paying hyper focused attention to just playing my best characters and getting medals....went on a 5 game win streak. Played 1 match where I did not do well as pharah on ilios, immediately lost next 4 games with teams who locked 4-5 dps from the start and got curbstomped. I don't know how I've never noticed this before. This is shit.
    Don't put too much faith into the Reddit post. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's not proven to be right (yet). He/she very well could have it exactly right, maybe close, or far off.
    It makes a lot of sense, but that doesn't mean it isn't right.

- - - Updated - - -

Just had a game with aWidow. Spent 2:30 on her and people kept asking the player to swap because she was ineffective against the enemy comp. he then went on to tell us all we all need to swap dive comp so he can play Widow. What!!!???

To be fair after losing over 300SR in a day because of 5DPS instalock teams I kinda quit for the season and even hesitating if I might return to the game at all. =/

I mean I don't mind losing due to bad luck or a better team, but losing because of a team that refuses to even work as a team, aka suicide diving in, ignoring flankers or even refusing to play the game match after match; yea that gets a bit tiring.

Ah well who knows maybe it'll get better...
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Next game, Widow landing 80% of her shots, almost all headshots. Go shield tank, voice comma and be tell everyone exactly where she's at, team ignores her, fires into a DVa, runs ahead of shield and gets picked off every push. Every. Single. Push.
    Just, what is with these players I keep getting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    To be fair after losing over 300SR in a day because of 5DPS instalock teams I kinda quit for the season and even hesitating if I might return to the game at all. =/
    Yeah, I love Overwatch and have been struggling to get back in the game because of it. At least when holiday events are active I play Arcade to feel like it is raining loot boxes but I pretty much exclusively play the game for competitive and it's really hard for me to stay sharp as a DPS if I don't stay consistent with it.

Like, I hate to be a DPS main complaining about DPS mains because I know it makes people roll their eyes but I can play so many different DPS heroes at my ELO so I can't help but think that at least seperates me from most as I can shoot pharah, take advantage of teams with no hitscans and prefer to play flanker heroes and I also have 7 seasons worth of competitive experience.

It's kind of funny, actually. I used to be a Reinhardt one trick when I first started playing the game. I wouldn't mind playing another role more frequently though if I knew players could play DPS as well or better than me. I actually like to play Mercy and boost a good DPS. Every time I play her, my stats are through the roof and I see so many Reinhardt players just make these maddening simple and easy but critical mistakes I would never make, but seeing DPS make much bigger mistakes in such frequent succession is basically the whole reason I quit being a Reinhardt main.

I mean, I watch videos where people at my rank want their gameplay analyzed and it kills me to know that this is probably what they are doing in my matches. =\

Another day, another jerk who yells at me for not healing him even though I have the most healing done in that match (I got the healing card)

This has been happening a lot lately. What is with this mentality that everyone feels entitled to a pocket healer?
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post

I mean I don't mind losing due to bad luck or a better team, but losing because of a team that refuses to even work as a team, aka suicide diving in, ignoring flankers or even refusing to play the game match after match; yea that gets a bit tiring.

Ah well who knows maybe it'll get better...
    Yeah, I took a break for about 2-3 weeks and then came back. Think I'm going to take a longer break this time, maybe even permanent if Blizz never comes completely clean about how the system works or it never gets better.
    Tired of 1 game I play great and we win and the next game I play great and we lose, and the next game I play great and we lose, and the next 3 games I play so so we win and I finish with less SR than I started the day with. 4 wins to 2 losses, but since the game determines I am not playing as well as others at my rank I actually lose overall.
    I get Blizz is trying to make a new match making system, but I think I prefer W's vs L's and ranking up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    Another day, another jerk who yells at me for not healing him even though I have the most healing done in that match (I got the healing card)

This has been happening a lot lately. What is with this mentality that everyone feels entitled to a pocket healer?
    Because just like in WoW, people feel healers should make up for their mistakes. Now, I'll admit, sometimes there's a flanker who got a kill and runs back and is barely alive and I might not notice them as I'm still healing a tank and others from the teamfight we just came out of, but they usually give me a heads up.
    Still, I've encountered plenty of flankers that think heals should be following them full time. Can't even count the amount of Mercy's that I have had to tell to stop following the flankers because I see them keep getting killed over and over and leaving us 3 short when the enemy pushes next.

10+ Year Old Account
    A while back I decided to only play Mercy for 20 games. I wanted to throw my monitor out the window because of how many people were LOS when they were dying/died. The last time I played Mercy someone was yelling at me to rez them and I didn't so we didn't score 3 so I went off on them and told em it was the first time I'd played Mercy since her ult was changed and to stop bitching at me when they forced me into playing a hero I didn't have a lot of practice on and did something no one else was going to do.

I try not to give players who play solo healers a lot of grief because it is better than nothing, but it is really annoying when you get a backup healer who plays them like a hybrid DPS.

Kinda feel bad for the players out there who don't have a thick skin to deal with all the whining out there. I mean, I'm not calling anyone a pussy and I'm sure the way some people express themselves is not appreciated but sometimes you just gotta tell these bitches to shut their whore mouths.

Watched Stylosa's video about his subscribers' comments on whether or not they enjoyed competitive and a player posted that while they were completing their placement matches players were so unbearably mean to them that they were crying at the end of matches. But what those people have to understand is that these trolls - they're like sharks, yeah? Once they smell that blood in the water, they just lose it and go in for the kill and the only way to keep them from getting like that is to just not bleed.

And I know, most people don't feel like they should have to mentally brace themselves for that in a videogame and I really don't blame them. It is kind of ridiculous and I just so happen to greatly benefit from not being bothered by that sort of thing because of my life experiences. But I especially think it is pathetic how boys pick on girls in competitive game communities. Personally, the only time I have ever witnessed it the guy was obviously trolling but she went right for the bait and never let go. I wish I could see it more often to discourage it because I think it's incredibly pathetic. Not to be a white knight or anything, I don't want to be friends with all the girls or some sort of SJW, I'm just trying to play the game and there's no reason for that level of animosity in search of a scapegoat.

But today I'm looking at one of my facebook meme pages and someone's posted a meme making fun of a Platinum border player in Bronze. I mean, maybe it is just a page for jokes but it just pisses me off to see things like that. It's supposed to be a reward that represents their love for the game but these people have gone and used it to make fun of them for being level 1800 or whatever it is and still being bronze. Like, I see where they're coming from and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had similar thoughts... I mean, I'd hope I'd be a higher rank than bronze after putting that many hours into the game but I'm not going to diss that person over it.

It just makes me feel really shitty to be a part of this game's community when I see things like that. I think it's a really great accomplishment to see at this game's age and think a lot of players could learn a thing or two from a player like that (contrary to what they may think) because they've obviously remembered what's important when it comes to playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account

It's weird. You can't heal anyone through focus fire, in this game. This isn't WoW, where the healers just dump healing into the tank while the tank sits in the fire like a moron. Healers top you back up when you get out of the line of fire. If you're that badly injured and need healing, chances are other teammates do too, and you might not be the priority. If it's that bad, go grab a health pack.

10+ Year Old Account

There are a hell of a lot of Anas and Moiras out there now who forget their main reason for being there. Might not have been you that game, but if you see something often enough in other games it just becomes a very easy target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's one of the reasons why people love Mercy so much, because all she does is heal and kill bad flankers. Every now and then you see one with mixed up priorities, but for the most part they seem to know their main purpose is to not die and hold down M1 on injured allies. Kinda sucks they don't know when to boost or use soar & float to their full advantage as positioning tools, but at least they're actually focused on healing.

Kind of like dude's video he asked for analysis on. I probably sounded like a dick but after their team basically steamrolled the choke, him(Moira) and Lucio were finishing off a way out of position Reinhardt. But if they'd have just gotten on the point and been healing their teammates like supports are supposed to do, they could have just killed him on the way to point B. Where else was he going to go? Even if a bronze player had the brains to jump off a cliff in that situation I doubt they would have done it. Worst case scenario, lose some ult charge. best case scenario, massively disadvantage the enemy team. Risk totally worth the gain.

But I hope he doesn't take it the wrong way, just trying to be real with him. It's kind of a problem when your tanks and supports won't let the DPS do their jobs - within reason, clutch is clutch and skill is skill but there's a time and place for everything. I feel like he got a little too close for comfort attacking Genji most times because a more skilled Genji would have made him pay for it but was doing a pretty good job running him off.