Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question iMac Pro is coming out soon.

The actual colour/color of this iMac is Space Grey. The Space Grey Keyboard, magic mouse and trackpad come ONLY exclusively with this iMac. You cannot buy it separately. (unless you buy it from third party)
    Sourcehttps://www.theverge.com/2017/6/5/15...lors-wwdc-2017

Prices will vary, as you can pick from the most high-end iMac to the baseline, but the baseline will cost around $4999. The high-end will probably cost $10,000 to $15,000.

Edit: The modular option of iMac Pro is coming out next year, which will give you options to upgrade everything probably.

I wonder if people will spend that much on a computer. My max budget was always $2000-2500. Personally, I own an iMac 5k 2015 highend and its very good that will probably last me 5+years, without worrying that its slow etc.

Lets not bash Apple here, but would you spend that much on a computer in general? Forget Apple Vs PC, just in general, would you spend 5k+ on a PC/iMac.

Official Specs https://www.apple.com/imac-pro/specs/
    Last edited by mmoc7fb092cc6c; 2017-12-04 at 02:57 PM.

What I did...

I went to tonymacx86.com (and other sites) and looked at the buyers guide, ordered all compatilbe components and a high res screen, then ordered an actual Mac of Amazon, "copied" the OS over to my system, then sent back the Mac for a refund and "hacked" together my own mac. It's not an easy thing but you can undercut the original Apple by quite a few bucks. It was a fun project after all and I did it just as a proof to myself that it was possible.

It's not a secret that you pay Apple for the design. While I like it a lot I would definitely not spend that much money on an original Mac.

Deleted
    I want one.

Will just write it off as a Business Expense.

10+ Year Old Account
    No to bash Apple, I appreciate their previous innovations but I really can't get over their price tags(not just this product) when other cheaper options offer more and/or are just better.

I'm curious too OP, wonder if anyone has a good answer.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    $15,000? For a rig you can build for $3-4,000? Lmfao okay Apple good joke.

My limit has always been around 1500$. That gives a very solid foundation and you can upgrade individual pieces as it becomes necessary over several years. I bought my "current" PC for 1000$ 9 years ago, at this point all of the components have been switched out once or several times. I have had the joy of having a PC that can run most games on ultra settings for 9 years. I'd estimate the total value put into that computer still does not exceed 2500-3000$, and it has been spread out over several years. TLDR, I would never spend more than 2500$ on a single buy, and probably not that much either. Simply because it's not a wise investment.

Also, it would be stupid of me to buy a mac at any point since much of the software I need at uni/work does not exist for mac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    $15,000? For a rig you can build for $3-4,000? Lmfao okay Apple good joke.
    $15,000 for a all in one PC with 5k Resolution + high-end spec. Meaning a CPU with 16 threads, a Vega GPU with 8GB RAM, SSD 5TB+ , RAM 128GB + Vat 20% if in UK
    $3000 for VAT, so The real price would be $12,000. I don't know how you compare that to a PC version, I would guess as always, you could build a PC version with the same iMac Pro spec for the half of the price, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ40 View Post
    Lets not bash Apple here, but would you spend that much on a computer in general? Forget Apple Vs PC, just in general, would you spend 5k+ on a PC/iMac.
    Ok, honestly, i don't want to bash Apple, but how are you expecting people to refrain from it when you can simply create an equal or better machine with 1/4 of the money?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Ok, honestly, i don't want to bash Apple, but how are you expecting people to refrain from it when you can simply create an equal or better machine with 1/4 of the money?
    You are buying something with logic in mind. Yes, you can, but an average Joe, wants to plug and play. I still argue your statement till this day, but it doesn't stop iMacs, new iPhones to be out of stock on launch day. Apple look at this and they will continue this trend of expensive products which sucks, but life?

Deleted
    It's all to do with the OS /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycans View Post
    It's all to do with the OS /s
    As a iMac User, I prefer Linux over MacOS, but the problem is that Linux is not well optimised to the iMac, which sucks too ;/

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do you bash Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by AQ40 View Post
    As a iMac User, I prefer Linux over MacOS, but the problem is that Linux is not well optimised to the iMac, which sucks too ;/
    I tried to like Linux and MacOS (had it for several years) but always came back to Windows because of it's *drum roll* window management. The main thing I simply can not adjust to is that both Linux and MacOS don't remember window positions and sizes. It's a minor thing for some but it drives me crazy while multitasking.

Unlike Spartphones desktop PCs are on the decline, the only people buying this would be businesses who do photo rendering or people with more money than sense.

Nice spend 10k on a pc that cant run x86 executables, sucks for the p eople guillable to buy this piece of garbage vs an actual computer

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Cannot Fap To That View Post
    Do you bash Ferrari?
    I cant build my own Ferrari, however, I would easily buy the new Tesla Roadster, which is cheaper, and faster.

Also, the craftsmanship that goes into a super car is a little different than apple buying parts, stuffing them into their rigs, and charging 4x the price and say "its apple guys, cmon". I mean, the 5k monitors they use are made by LG.... they don't make anything in house, they're an over price cyberpowerPC lmfao.

With computers (outside of laptops), its far better to just build your own, and even when it comes to laptops, I have an Alienware 17, which is an amazing laptop that I got on sale for $1000, still cheaper than an apple using a celeron 2 core processor....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    To answer just the basic question of the OP, no..I would not spend 15k on a comp.
    Could you imagine the PC you could for 15k? Oh wait, me neither, that rig essentially doesn't exist for consumers lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Unlike Spartphones desktop PCs are on the decline, the only people buying this would be businesses who do photo rendering or people with more money than sense.
    Eh, desktop PCs have been a niche market for gamers and workstations for the last 10 years tbh, and when it comes to that, its all about the components and self builds. I dont think the normal consumer market has been pushing desktops since the early 2000s.

Who doesnt remember Starcraft with 240mbs or ram? beastmode

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    i use desktop pcs.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see the specs of these overpriced machines. I can't imagine them being any better than the computer I built about a year or two ago for around $1700-$2000. For $5000-$15,000 they better be some government type computers but something tells me they're not and it's just Apple since they always tend to think they have the best, most unique technology in the world so they overprice the fuck out of their products.

I mean god damn you could buy a fucking car with that much money. Fucking ridiculous. Oh but I'm sure there will be Apple sheep who preorder it or wait outside in line the day before it's released.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-12-04 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I'd like to see the specs of these overpriced machines. I can't imagine them being any better than the computer I built about a year or two ago for around $1700-$2000. For $5000-$15,000 they better be some government type computers but something tells me they're not and it's just Apple since they always tend to think they have the best, most unique technology in the world so they overprice the fuck out of their products.

I mean god damn you could buy a fucking car with that much money. Fucking ridiculous. Oh but I'm sure there will be Apple sheep who preorder it or wait outside in line the day before it's released.
    https://www.apple.com/imac-pro/specs/ Here you go, you can compare the specs

Last edited by mmoc7fb092cc6c; 2017-12-04 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    operating requirements 50-95 degrees.....so it's useless in the winter in northern states.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.