Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i am saying there is not psychical difference between high and blood elves and they did not become other race because of fel magic

and im saying the blood elves did not become void elves just because they played with the void
    Ok i never fkn argued that.... Jesus can you take off your blinders for once.. Regarding that if you want to talk about it sure, yes there are physical differences between high elves and blood elves having paler skin and hair and green eyes is a physical difference..... wtf? This was a direct result of fel magic.

I never said void elves became void elves because they played with the void wtf? I said its not UNREASONABLE TO EXPECT CHANGED BETWEEN ELVES when they dabble in corrupting magic. How many times do i have to say it..... Also if void elves are not void elves because they dabbled in void magic and had some sort of ritual (dabbling in void magic) what makes one a void elf?

It's about gameplay, not about lore.

New racials make it more attractive to level characters of races that are being added. That's all. (It's not bad, either.)

Deleted
    IMO, race ahould have no effect on PvE or PvP.
    Why did devs discontinued Profesion perks, instead of racial perks? You can switch professions based on you role/spec, but only a really hardcore and loaded players can afford to switch races because of min maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Blood Elves are high elves, the exposure to different types of magic have changed their appearance slightly. Void elves are something else, they undergo a ritual of some sort, basically bootleg demon Hunters.
    Unaware of that, they are basically fel elves then just void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    1) then u go check the login screen of the 'human' campaign in wc3 tft, u can see clearly that the magic breaker eyes were pearl white, not blue, not green, white, and that was in Outland, where Fel is pretty much everywhere
    2) U ignored that every shadow priest is 'deep balls' in void since ever, yet it never changed them on physical level, so explain this, and yes using void magic as shadow priest is a stable lore fact since ages, as confirmed by recently priest campaign quest in legion (the human female u save her was using shadow since the time of wc1, yet she still looks human for example)
    1)You need to go back and take a look at the blood elf priest model from wc3 they literally have green eyes distincly seperate from the high elf model. Its literally also stated in the Alliance and Horde compendium that blood elves have green eyes and that a large % of blood elves have them directly as a result from fel magic along with paler skin and hair. Its also stated the same in the WoW monster guide. Now if you dont want to except that because its RPG books then case in point WoW the game literally shows most blood elves having green eyes not all.
    Id like you provide some info about the eyes on blood elfs then???? If you wont accept rpg lore or gameplay lore provide some actual information.
    2)Define since ever? Blizzard only go around to making shadow involved with the "void" not long ago so even if they wanted to they didnt even know they were the same thing. I was unaware they void elves go through a ritual since its just been data mined. Which in turn just puts them inline with light touched being or fel orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    The Worgen curse is not passed on to the child.
    This is off-topic, but I've always wondered about this because Blizzard's lore statements on this contradict each other. It's stated that if two worgen reproduce the offspring will not be a worgen. However it's also stated that in addition to being bitten consuming worgen blood will also transfer the curse. During pregnancy the mother and child share blood, so the developing fetus would be infused with worgen blood which should then transfer the curse.

Edit: I was remembering wrong, went back and looked into it. Mother and child technically can share blood, but this is rare, so transmission in this manner would be similarly rare.

OT:
    Racials have always been fun little gameplay elements to distinguish the different races, this is just more of the same, I wouldn't get your lore/biology in a twist too much over it.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2017-12-04 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Whoops

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Ok i never fkn argued that.... Jesus can you take off your blinders for once.. Regarding that if you want to talk about it sure, yes there are physical differences between high elves and blood elves having paler skin and hair and green eyes is a physical difference..... wtf? This was a direct result of fel magic.
    if you did not argued that just ignore, dont get yourself an ulcer, and no there is not psychical difference between then, its just politc terms, high elves do have paller skin and hair, and there are blood elves with blue eyes lore wise

I never said void elves became void elves because they played with the void wtf? I said its not UNREASONABLE TO EXPECT CHANGED BETWEEN ELVES when they dabble in corrupting magic. How many times do i have to say it..... Also if void elves are not void elves because they dabbled in void magic and had some sort of ritual (dabbling in void magic) what makes one a void elf?
    what i said is because you said that, they can dabble with corruption magic for long and not become another race, Shadow priests use the void magic all the time, and the blood elves Spriests don't show any signal of physical difference

Unaware of that, they are basically fel elves then just void.
    Blood Elves aren't really "fel elves" either. They aren't corrupted, they were effected by fel which was also extremely prevalent in the world at the time. "Fel xyz" usually has the connotation that they are corrupted, Fel Orcs as an example. But that's not what the Blood Elves did here, they are extremely magic sensitive so when they lost arcane due to the Sunwell being corrupted and then destroyed, the Fel that affected the Sunwell and the land changed them. For the most part they didn't even really dabble in the fel, they staved off their addiction by learning to extract arcane from arcane creatures that are common in their area.
    They are High Elves, I don't know why people like to pretend they aren't, but they are exactly High Elves... they are the High Elf nation, just renamed themselves post Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    This is off-topic, but I've always wondered about this because Blizzard's lore statements on this contradict each other. It's stated that if two worgen reproduce the offspring will not be a worgen. However it's also stated that in addition to being bitten consuming worgen blood will also transfer the curse. During pregnancy the mother and child share blood, so the developing fetus would be infused with worgen blood which should then transfer the curse.
    As far as I know the placenta acts as a barrier between the blood of the child and mother. There are cases in which the blood of the baby can enter the mother's system but even that wouldn't inflict the Worgen curse on the child. Lorewise I can imagine Worgens have an even more special placental blood barrier to protect the child

if you did not argued that just ignore, dont get yourself an ulcer, and no there is not psychical difference between then, its just politc terms, high elves do have paller skin and hair, and there are blood elves with blue eyes lore wise

what i said is because you said that, they can dabble with corruption magic for long and not become another race, Shadow priests use the void magic all the time, and the blood elves Spriests don't show any signal of physical difference
    How about you make sure you read and respond accordingly rather than just typing random shit?
    "and no there is not psychical difference between them" Yes there is having paler skin and hair and having green eyes is a physical difference wtf are you on about? This has been confirmed in books and is reflected in game and until you can present evidence otherwise thats how it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Blood Elves aren't really "fel elves" either. They aren't corrupted, they were effected by fel which was also extremely prevalent in the world at the time. "Fel xyz" usually has the connotation that they are corrupted, Fel Orcs as an example. But that's not what the Blood Elves did here, they are extremely magic sensitive so when they lost arcane due to the Sunwell being corrupted and then destroyed, the Fel that affected the Sunwell and the land changed them. For the most part they didn't even really dabble in the fel, they staved off their addiction by learning to extract arcane from arcane creatures that are common in their area.
    They are High Elves, I don't know why people like to pretend they aren't, but they are exactly High Elves... they are the High Elf nation, just renamed themselves post Arthas.
    I never said blood elves were fel elves wtf? I said the situation to VOID ELVES is a similar one to fel elves.....Also there are physical differences between high elves and blood elves including green eyes and paler skin and hair. This has been confirmed in books and is reflected in game and until you can present evidence otherwise thats how it is. You dont need to explain to me the history of belves i know what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    As far as I know the placenta acts as a barrier between the blood of the child and mother. There are cases in which the blood of the baby can enter the mother's system but even that wouldn't inflict the Worgen curse on the child. Lorewise I can imagine Worgens have an even more special placental blood barrier to protect the child
    I went and looked into this and yes this is correct, I was remembering wrong. It is possible for the mother's and child's blood to mix but it is very rare.

7+ Year Old Account
    How about you make sure you read and respond accordingly rather than just typing random shit?
    well no? i respond acordly of what i understand with your post, if you think its not, ignore.
    "and no there is not psychical difference between them" Yes there is having paler skin and hair and having green eyes is a physical difference wtf are you on about? This has been confirmed in books and is reflected in game and until you can present evidence otherwise thats how it is.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood_elf

Blood elves are, biologically and physiologically, high elves
    the only thing you can count as difference is the eye color, but a blood elf can have blue eyes, and if a high elf stay around sources of fel magic their eyes can turn green( and they will not become blood elf, because the difference between high and blood elves are merely politics)

10+ Year Old Account
    1)You need to go back and take a look at the blood elf priest model from wc3 they literally have green eyes distincly seperate from the high elf model. Its literally also stated in the Alliance and Horde compendium that blood elves have green eyes and that a large % of blood elves have them directly as a result from fel magic along with paler skin and hair. Its also stated the same in the WoW monster guide. Now if you dont want to except that because its RPG books then case in point WoW the game literally shows most blood elves having green eyes not all.

Id like you provide some info about the eyes on blood elfs then???? If you wont accept rpg lore or gameplay lore provide some actual information.
    2)Define since ever? Blizzard only go around to making shadow involved with the "void" not long ago so even if they wanted to they didnt even know they were the same thing. I was unaware they void elves go through a ritual since its just been data mined. Which in turn just puts them inline with light touched being or fel orcs.
    1)

Here the blood elf picture from wc3, white eyes, btw lore-wise high elves had blue and green eyes color as common, but the fel eyes as was presented in wow of course they didn't have
    EDIT: after reading the retcon they did guess there isn't more to discuss, they decided to make blood elves and high elves difference just political and nothing else, which then begs the question of how exactly did fel elves (appeared in TBC) happen since fel magic doesn't change/evolve them, but guess that explanation will be next to AU archimonde the same crap

2) the priest follower name is http://www.wowhead.com/champion=874/natalie-seline and everything around her, tldr version is : she is a priest that learned to use the void since the aftermath of wc1, and faked her death and hide herself in the realm of shadows and u find her there and recruit her against legion, so she is using void magic every single second of her 'unlife' state since ever yet she is 100% normal human looking, the idea that shadow priest is void magic user is - according to that follower story - canon since the first ever shadow priest that existed (she isn't just any follower, entire cult of the shadow of forsaken are based on her ideals, yeah wow treated her like sh8t but she is a 'big' lore name, like how they treated Faol, or Calia ...) so every race that has access to shadow priest is using void magic since ever, like trolls, high/blood elves, etc, yet suddenly void change ppl look, so explain that
    I can get older examples like priest starting quests from vanilla undead zone, but i find that example is a- the most recent and b- also the strongest since we using the founder of shadow priest herself here

- - - Updated - - -

the only thing you can count as difference is the eye color, but a blood elf can have blue eyes, and if a high elf stay around sources of fel magic their eyes can turn green( and they will not become blood elf, because the difference between high and blood elves are merely politics)
    did they retcon that again ? I swear by wow that I read clearly in the RPG books that blood elves were starting to be different race from high elves due to fel magic use, heck they even said clearly that they may change even more, a hint that blood elves are 'evolving' (more accurate say just change) to even more different race or 'sub-race'
    Yeah seems this maybe the 2nd thing that is different from the RPG books in canon (first is the famous Jaina 'brother')... how annoying, seriously those RPG books had far better lore than wow
    Last edited by sam86; 2017-12-04 at 06:37 PM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    1)

did they retcon that again ? I swear by wow that I read clearly in the RPG books that blood elves were starting to be different race from high elves due to fel magic use, heck they even said clearly that they may change even more, a hint that blood elves are 'evolving' (more accurate say just change) to even more different race or 'sub-race'
    Yeah seems this maybe the 2nd thing that is different from the RPG books in canon (first is the famous Jaina 'brother')... how annoying, seriously those RPG books had far better lore than wow
    probably yes, but the "retcon" is damn old, tbc days, all the rpg books are non canon by default

but i think the aine brother is canon, but he died