If alt right websites get throttled, will alt righters be able to blame "SJWs"

As the title goes alot of people in every alt right circle are praising trump for electing the FCC guys, but it gives comcast the ability to throttle the connection to any website they want for any reason, and since comcast is part of the establishment, if they were to make it so alt right websites were slower, wouldn't it be hilarious if the alt-right turned around and blamed SJWs on all of their problems, when it was their guy who did it, Also i actually support comcast, because i bet they will just do that to any racist/neo nazi websites, its the free market making the decision

Yes it would be ironic, but the left talking areas could also be throttled. This is why we should all care about Net Neutrality. This is not a partisan issue, this is a Rich vs. Poor issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RazingCain View Post
    Yes it would be ironic, but the left talking areas could also be throttled. This is why we should all care about Net Neutrality. This is not a partisan issue, this is a Rich vs. Poor issue.
    Media it self is not a partisan issue. But, net neutrality, or the ability to pay an ISP for preferential treatment, will be all about money. A start up will have a bigger chance of hitting a bigger audience now, then after revoking net neutrality.

For old people... without net neutrality, your internet is as limited, as it was... when you only used the America Online client. That’s pretty much what it means. Paying for an ISP will no longer provide internet access, it will provide access to what ever your ISP considers its client.

Edit: oh and yes... the more extreme views you have, the less likely removing net neutrality, will help in finding more like minded. It explicitly empowers MSN, CNN and Fox, while pushing alternatives further out of main stream.
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-12-04 at 08:17 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    A start up will have a bigger chance of hitting a bigger audience now, then after revoking net neutrality.
    No they won't, quite the opposite... You think Google can't outspend a start up? The big existing monopolies will be able to pay more money, drowning them out.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No they won't, quite the opposite... You think Google can't outspend a start up? The big existing monopolies will be able to pay more money, drowning them out.
    That was what Felya said..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    That was what Felya said..
    True 'nough, parsed it backwards.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by RazingCain View Post
    /thread nothing more needs to be said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they will. The corporate cable companies are clearly part of the "media" and therefore in the luberlulz pockets.

Because they can't accept the fact that they may have made a bad decision or picked the wrong side of a fight. Instead they just double down.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.