Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The best part of this entire thread was saying it was not a gun control thread lMAO . It was that from the very start when saying American gun owners are a cult.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    The best part of this entire thread was saying it was not a gun control thread lMAO . It was that from the very start when saying American gun owners are a cult.
    I was referred to as showing a cultist behavior, after at least a couple read my first post on this thread. I do actually have a membership with a cult. I buy swords from there now and again to fuel my obsession.

http://www.kultofathena.com/

Just remember, you don't pay for a membership with money mwahahaha!!
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    you heard him folks, its better to live under tyranny then to stand up and fight because we have no chance. wow, thats a super load of my shoulders.
    What tyranny? Where? In USA? Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Some grade A ignorance here.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The tyranny of the government in your speculative scenario where US citizens have to fight the US military. I can forgive manabomb for barging in to the conversation with out understanding the context, but you started the conversation, you created the context, try to keep up.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post

Why?
    Tyranny can come anywhere Easo, with the right circumstances.

Combine a faltering economy with civil strife, and a charismatic lunatic can take control of the reigns of government, even under a democracy.

Promise people the right things, create scape goats, before you know it, your there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Exactly, especially when you start the conversation with such a inflammatory statement. It's like calling all Bernie supporters cultists.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    This isn"t the colonial age nor WW2. The inequality between power and effectiveness of weapons and gear between a modern army and a gun owner has grown exponentially since then. You might as well be throwing rocks.

But please continue, it's amusing to read.
    Brittish said the said about the Colonial militia, said the same about the zulu. Russians said the same about the Afghand Hill people. We said the same about the Viet cong. Romans said the same about the Barbarian hordes.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Nope, knowledge of and practice in the use of the current prevalent weapon of the times is healthy and prudent with humans being an aggressive predatory species.
    Not really. I don't own a gun, I don't know anyone that does and I don't worry about about being shot. Ever. Being shot is not even in the top 100 things I worry about even when walking through a rough area. Though I do live in a country that understands that some things are just too dangerous to be easily accessible to every idiot that wants to be 'gangsta'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Not really. I don't own a gun, I don't know anyone that does and I don't worry about about being shot. Ever. Being shot is not even in the top 100 things I worry about even when walking through a rough area. Though I do live in a country that understands that some things are just too dangerous to be easily accessible to every idiot that wants to be 'gangsta'.
    There are more actions that are predatory than being shot.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    At least quote the language you revere correctly. Bare arms come with short sleeves or tank tops. Bear arms can sometimes be found north of bear asses, but "bear" is to carry something.

I'm guessing that you want to confirm the Second Amendment allows people to protect themselves. Yep. That is not, and should not be, license to stir false fears.

Source: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/f...nse-gun-use-2/

Some people, sometime, may have a need for self defense. They should, however, have a right to assess that need on the basis of unbiased facts, They should make a reasonable and informed decision, and that decision should take into account the dangers that having a firearm in the house will present.
    So you dodge the question and want to point out a spelling error. lol! The problem you like to claim is becoming a cult here in the US, if it is true ( which it is not ) would not be possible if the citizens did not have the right to possess firearms. Common logic may be hard for some. :P Your reasoning and arguments in this entire thread has been nothing but a attack on the Second Amendment. The wolf can not hide under the sheep's clothing for very long.

No one is forcing people to have a firearm. They have the right not to own one. :P The dangers of owning one and the responsibilities associated with it, are expressed in many ways, Not other's fault if they do not read warning labels. Every firearm sold now in the US has a manual and I even have one firearm which has clearly printed on the firearm itself, " Read the owners manual before using". lol. Those manuals are full of warnings. The NRA safety courses also will stress this.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-12-05 at 01:28 AM.

This isn"t the colonial age nor WW2. The inequality between power and effectiveness of weapons and gear between a modern army and a gun owner has grown exponentially since then. You might as well be throwing rocks.

But please continue, it's amusing to read.
    It’s actually quite hilarious seeing you continue to ignore reality. There are numerous examples, even in modern day fighting, that show how an armed populace that uses guerilla warfare and hit and run tactics can be extremely effective at combating larger, better equipped armies. Vietnam and the Middle East are just a few examples that prove you wrong.

But please continue, it’s amusing to read your ignorance of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Most of those "ganstas" probably have a criminal record and can't legally buy a firearm.

Not sure what country youre from, but im sure there's areas where walking around may be dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    It’s actually quite hilarious seeing you continue to ignore reality. There are numerous examples, even in modern day fighting, that show how an armed populace that uses guerilla warfare and hit and run tactics can be extremely effective at combating larger, better equipped armies. Vietnam and the Middle East are just a few examples that prove you wrong.

But please continue, it’s amusing to read your ignorance of reality.
    As a supposed former "military officer" I would think he'd understand Asymmetrical warfare, and how effective it can be. Guess not.

A cult? that's sorta saying its a small amount of people. More like Religion.
    Gun Ownership is an American right and practically an American duty, it is engraved into what it means to be "American" gun ownership and the act of "being American" are one in the same.

Quote Originally Posted by a1derful1 View Post
    She (I'm assuming that's a she by the girly graphics) had to keep forcing her "facts" down peoples' throats to try and force them to comply to her thinking, telling us what we should do with our own freedom that our forefathers fought and died for.
    Really? You clicked on a link on the internet and read their comments. At what point did they force facts on you or to force people to comply with their thinking? If starting a thread like this is considered "forcing" their thoughts upon you I would be scared to see how you react when someone actually forces something on you.

Some of us like to have conversations with people even if they don't believe in everything you do. It is really eye opening to listen and understand the other side of the argument. Guess its easier to live a sheltered life and only associated with people who reinforce your own pillars of belief.

To the person saying that how Russians could not conquer Afghanistan against hillmen wielding only sticks and thus you can now fight against modern army.
    Russians lost around 15k men. Afghan losses, including civilians, were around one million.

Just because Soviets lost the political will to stay does not mean that they didn't totally obliterate any opposition. And the same would happen with local rednecks rising against "the evil tyranny".
    Ok, yes, USA is an exception. No other country, which has huge population and territory has this ammount of guns available with so many wielders. True, any invader would suffer such attrition which would make German losses against Red Partisans look silly.
    But never, ever believe you could defeat an actual army.

10+ Year Old Account
    The stereotype says yes, and those people really exist. So... yes...
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post

I read posts that talk of shotguns beside the bed, guns with silencers on the nightstand and all the rest. I wonder what the hell happened. And that's when I find myself asking, is it because firearms ownership became a cult? The NRA and its speakers are the charismatic leader figures. Crime, terrorism, even the idea that our own government might go the wrong way -- those are the ever present and yet intangible threat.
    China is an ethnically homogeneous population with an average IQ slightly above 100.

Most gun violence in America occurs among inner city black youth who are killing each other (specifically with handguns) during turf wars between gangs. That's an uncomfortable truth, but a truth none the less.

Now as long as China stays a stable, peaceful country (internally at least), you shouldn't have to ever worry about protecting yourself. If there is a world war or if China's internal security breaks down due to catastrophic economic collapse or government infighting then you're going to wish you did have guns.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Has been for a few decades now. People love their guns more than their children.
    Decades? Try since 1791, the year our Bill of Rights was ratified.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Decades? Try since 1791, the year our Bill of Rights was ratified.
    It is deeply rooted into our culture because it is a Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Same as like you said, the many other Constitutional rights we enjoy here. It is no less important than the freedom of religion , speech. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Yes, as you can see from this post.
    I just can't take a greenbay fan seriously

Let me know when you'll find the american people willing to strap explosives and grenades to their children, spraying landmines in their communities or hiding their base of operations within hospitals to engage in effective Guerrilla warfare, as it was used in Vietnam and the Middle East. How did the recent wars in the middle-east go btw? ISIS -are- effectively cannonfodder.

Do you even understand what guerrilla warfare looks like in the modern day and age? You'll be fighting over rubble, between rubble, hidden underneath rubble. By the time that happens 99% of the civilians with guns will have fled the area, only die-hard extremists will be staying behind to enjoy the daily barrage of explosives and drones showered over them; fighting over the rubble of what once used to be a city.

You're comparing apples with oranges.

PS: Don't take your history lessons from Mel Gibson movies.
    So you are admitting to willfully ignoring reality? Gotcha. That’s all I needed to know.