Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to move his legs is good, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Nursing supervisor in ER at hospital Ryan Shazier was taken to here in Cincy told us patient had a Do Not Announce order. We are waiting for Mike Tomlin to meet w/ us right now."

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/sta...11124078587905

- - - Updated - - -

"Mike Tomlin on Ryan Shazier: “We’ll release an update at the appropriate time. Right now we’re just happy he’s getting the necessary medical attention that he deserves.”"

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/stat...12362132271109

So I'm guessing no actual news will come out until much later.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, clearly fines and player suspensions aren't working in these match ups. I honestly think the NFL should start going after coaches. Simply saying "its AFC North football" is indicative that they're instigating rather than limiting the behavior. That display of football is good for no one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    So, clearly fines and player suspensions aren't working in these match ups. I honestly think the NFL should start going after coaches. Simply saying "its AFC North football" is indicative that they're instigating rather than limiting the behavior. That display of football is good for no one.
    One of the Patriots/Boston sports writers/media types said:

"Post Steelers-Bengals; All the concern for health of NFL players from fans, media, etc seems wasted when players won't respect each other"

And that rings true, and maybe that is something that is being coached to them and something that should be punished at a coaching level if it's clearly not working at JUST a player level.

Smith Shuster is a rookie. Where else would he have picked up this attitude if not being coached that way?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Smith Shuster is a rookie. Where else would he have picked up this attitude if not being coached that way?
    Teammates?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Some good news coming out from Steelers. Two players called Shazier's injury a spinal chord concussion, comparable to Tommy Maddox injury in 2002; Maddox missed 1 game. Encouraging news, another said."

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/stat...18395609120768

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    One of the Patriots/Boston sports writers/media types said:

"Post Steelers-Bengals; All the concern for health of NFL players from fans, media, etc seems wasted when players won't respect each other"

And that rings true, and maybe that is something that is being coached to them and something that should be punished at a coaching level if it's clearly not working at JUST a player level.

Yeah, Smith kinda surprised me with his hit. It may not be coaching, but the coaches can limit it. Right now they have no reason to.

And its not like theres a fine line between being physical and being dirty. Far from it in the modern NFL.

It happening to Burfict seems like karma more than anything. That dirty pos shouldn't even be allowed on the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeha, I cant get behind calling karma on people getting injured. Sorry, dudes

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/stat...21383803342848

seems like a team wide issue

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    It happening to Burfict seems like karma more than anything. That dirty pos shouldn't even be allowed on the field.
    Okay Janes Harrison, Hines ward, and Troy faggetmalu.

Gay Lewis. Ed Reed. But once the AFC north asshole is in stripes, now, NOW it's an issue. Whatever man.

That's enough football for one year for me. Game speaks for itself.

Peace.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2017-12-05 at 06:21 AM.

Considering the WR that was most well known for dirty/cheap blocks was a Steeler that was extremely well liked by their fans, it wouldn't surprise me if Smith-Schuster wants to play like that person. There is even a rule put in place against the type of block Smith-Schuster did named (or nick named, not completely sure) after him. Pretty sure I saw that WR was working with the Steelers WRs in camp or something this year too. Makes complete sense to me.
    Last edited by Grube; 2017-12-05 at 06:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, there's 0 chance he doesn't get at least 1 game. I'd easily give him 2 for taunting someone he just intentionally injured.
    He did it after watching his own guy get carted off the field earlier too. What's wrong with these people?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    He's not wrong though. This has been the case as long as I can remember. Look at those players I listed off earlier.

Deleted
    Spinal cord contusion confirmed for Shazier. Hopefully it's not so severe that he can't recover.

10+ Year Old Account
    That they didn't perform emergency surgery is the first good sign, once the swelling goes down there will hopefully be more good news,

So Juju and Iloka both got a 1 game suspension.

Apparently, the Broncos new motto is "No Surviving."
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

He those pretty bad wording for that, since I think it is more of a they will keep fighting thing.

Then again, Elway also said this, so maybe he is talking about his job?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gronk suspension officially upheld. Out for the Monday night game against Miami.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that sort of a "its not enough just to survive" kind of thing? Slogans aren't supposed to take so much explanation to stop being nonsensical.