Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have less problems with wow progress existing and more with the fact that unless its my own key or logging the runs, it doesn't register it on the website for me... ton of my runs are not listed on wow progress only when someone else in the group captured it or if it decided to randomly grace me and record it this time

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I have less problems with wow progress existing and more with the fact that unless its my own key or logging the runs, it doesn't register it on the website for me... ton of my runs are not listed on wow progress only when someone else in the group captured it or if it decided to randomly grace me and record it this time
    You know that's not how it works right? Wowprogress/raider.io grabs the data from the weekly leaderboards. Therefore, for your score to be counted, your run has to be top 100 so far in that dungeon, for this week. If you're on a super populated realm like draenor EU and doing +10's, you either need to do them right after weekly reset, or you'll never get score from them.

Alternatively, if you group with someone from a dead realm, you're almost guaranteed to get on the leaderboards through the other guy, simply because it's much easier to get into that realms top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This is wrong. Promote people who like to TEACH. I see someone with this attitude and they get the boot I don't care how good they are. Teach or get lost.
    Who are you to dictate how I spend my limited free time? Shouldn't it be up to me when I've got time to teach and when I need to get things done? How do you know I'm not trying to get my key done so I do have time left over to go back and help a friend with something?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saablar View Post
    M+ score is the new gearscore system sadly
    One is based on performance in dungeons, an actual merit of skill - as you are required to consistently finish or come close to finish higher level keystones to get a higher score.

One is based on luck with gear.

Definitely the same

If many players start to feel some addon is gating them out of content, there is nothing to stop them from grouping with each other to enjoy said content. They could even meet up here, on MMO-C, exchange B-tags, and plan when to meet in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: I have no idea what my score is, and haven't needed to know. I make friends in game, stay in touch, and get more invites for M+ than I can get to in a week. Not because I'm elite, but because I'm decent, zero drama, and mostly dependable. WoWProgress is used to evaluate strangers. Run with friends and it won't affect you.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Or maybe people are so good they need a high difficulty, but a group believes you need to farm a meaningless score up first before you get to have fun.
    M+ score reflects your experience with high keys. You know.. like understanding which abilities start to one shot you at what point, how big pulls are likely to be, what pulls you can just yolo bomb which ones you have to handle a bit more carefully, when you should and shouldn't use cds, etc.
    The fact that you and other people seem to think that his is useless and hate on the M+ score just shows how effective it is in keeping dead weights out.

p.s.
    M+ score is irrelevant if you have friends/guild.

Deleted
    Its a metric to measure ability and knowledge?

someone with a high M+ score shows they have done the dungeons, seen the mechanics on high difficulties and learnt the tactics. Would you take someone who says I'm 9/9NM ToS to your 8/9M ToS run? I'm guessing not...

Its also not hard to get a high score if you are a skilled player. Just find a few friends and do the high keys, I have managed to get over 2200 score this week with my group without trying hugely hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You know that's not how it works right? Wowprogress/raider.io grabs the data from the weekly leaderboards. Therefore, for your score to be counted, your run has to be top 100 so far in that dungeon, for this week. If you're on a super populated realm like draenor EU and doing +10's, you either need to do them right after weekly reset, or you'll never get score from them.

Alternatively, if you group with someone from a dead realm, you're almost guaranteed to get on the leaderboards through the other guy, simply because it's much easier to get into that realms top 100.
    Well thats even worse then..

The thing that annoys me is that it claims to record people past m+ history or at least layout suggests that when it doesn't do that. On the character page there are parts like this char ran X amount of +10, X amount of +15 etc..and those numbers are suggesting it shows your total amount of runs and those are wrong.

I don't farm the fuck out of M+ and I'm a mythic raider. I think you're assuming mythic raiders are only the "team world first" segment of the player base.

Or are you going to play the no-true-scotsman meme and say I'm not a real mythic raider?

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what he's asking though. The point is he wants the ability to opt out of retarded elitism by having his data hidden. Who owns said data and who has the right doesn't change the argument, that opting out is desired by some people. Myself included.
    That is not opting out, that's taking rights away from another player base. Opting out is them forming there own group .

Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    That is not opting out, that's taking rights away from another player base. Opting out is them forming there own group .
    It's not a right to look up people's accounts. It's no different than saying you have a right to know which one of your friends is online and they don't have a right to appear offline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    M+ score reflects your experience with high keys. You know.. like understanding which abilities start to one shot you at what point, how big pulls are likely to be, what pulls you can just yolo bomb which ones you have to handle a bit more carefully, when you should and shouldn't use cds, etc.
    The fact that you and other people seem to think that his is useless and hate on the M+ score just shows how effective it is in keeping dead weights out.

p.s.
    M+ score is irrelevant if you have friends/guild.
    So a good score always shows people know everything there is to know about m+, while a bad score always shows that people knows nothing about dungeons and will be dead weight?

I'm just stating that people can be really really good at m+, without having to farm up m+ score. Just like people can be really good at other things with less practice. There are some people who are naturally gifted.

gearscore (as oppose to ilvl) actually had *some* merit because it would consider if your character used the right gems, the right enchants and the right gear (a DK with spirit trinket could cheay ilvl but not gearscore).

wowprogress/raider.io? kinda stupid.
    first off all, even players who do high keys will sometimes choose to actively avoid some dungeons (kara, CoEN, SotT, BRH) so their mythic+ score will be lower than someone who spamms ALL dungeons with low-mid keys.

second, if you do the dungeon late in the week, in most cases you don't make it to the leaderboards and get exactly 0 points, even if were able to complete the highkey dungeon in time.

if we had a KSM for EACH dungeon, or a meta achieve of all of them (+15 in time) , and people were asked to link either individual or meta achieve it would actually make some sense.

So both of those prevented you from forming your own groups? I have seen arguments against these types of addons since gearscore came out and none of them prevented people from making their own groups, even though everyone cried discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Mythic+ score is a completely stupid addon that shows no degree of skill. Since a lot of the time people just choose to do easier dungeons and avoid the annoying ones.

That said - what you said is equally stupid.
    One could say that it shows that a candidate isn't as lazy as all the other people who skipped the more difficult dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    feel free to practice in +10s, then +11s, then +12s, then +13s and then +14s before expecting to be instantly invited to every single +15 group in the lfg tool

your practice in the first few days of the week will also improve your score, so outside of people being lazy fucks in general its pretty much a mythic+ win win?
    I corrected that for you.
    The data is collected using blizzard's leadeboard which are capped at 100 groups per dungeon per realm. Most runs - unless you do much higher ones than is needed for the weekly chest - will provide 0 score after two or maybe three days in the week.
    Last edited by Ribesal; 2017-12-05 at 01:19 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not what he's asking though. The point is he wants the ability to opt out of retarded elitism by having his data hidden. Who owns said data and who has the right doesn't change the argument, that opting out is desired by some people. Myself included.
    Well it is hard to hide his data, as it is not his data. That is like me asking that your mmo-c profile name is hidden for everyone.

All wowprogress and raider.io is doing is showing Blizzards data in a more manageable way. If you don't like that "your" data is shown, then stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    Would you take someone who says I'm 9/9NM ToS to your 8/9M ToS run? I'm guessing not...
    It's rather "I cleared ToS lfr once, but I made 20 keys in time, so don't worry, take me to mythic avatar"

it's stupid yes, but it should not be bannable by any means.

Just make your own groups. Forming M+ groups is 100x easier than forming raid groups. Also it's pretty easy to get a good score, just try to do your runs at the beginning of the week.

But again, it's crazy easy to form groups for M+
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Because it's not Blizzard controlled and there's two different M+ scores. There's the Wowprogress Mythic+ score and Raider.io score. They're not even the same score. The method for calculations is unreliable since the API doesn't have your boss kill history recorded (running the same boss twice in a row without refreshing one of these sites doesn't register as two kills). The algorithms made to calculate both are out of Blizzard's control.

I don't have anything against additional filtering / info in-game, but I think any kind of "score" that ranks players and introduces exclusivity in grouping should be built and controlled by Blizzard, not by two different 3rd party sites that have different algorithms for this.

It's a weird, messy solution and Blizzard could do so much better if they just added some of this functionality into the LFG tool.

And that's just the technical reasons why these should disappear - there are so many social "trickle down" effects that introduce elitism and toxicity into the community from this, it would fill the whole page.
    So wanting to play with good players that are similar skill and experience to yourself is elitist and toxic? Also, my M+ score on wowprogress and raider.io are within 20 points of each other. Considering you're looking at numbers in the thousands I'd say that's close enough.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post

This, but there must be another twist somewhere. I did a +15 this WE, it shows on raider.io but not wowprogress . Maybe the run was in the ladder for a very brief period of time, one crawler got it and not the later, who knows.
    On the other hand i did a crappy (had to solo half of hymdal as tank lol)+5 LATER (other dungeon) and it shows up in both.

This metric is so unreliable for low-mid keys.
    Last edited by Caprix; 2017-12-05 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Such websites and addons breed a toxic culture and encourage boosting. Take them down I say.