Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Seems to help when no one has a dark skin complexion.
    I would say putting hands above head, not moving, yelling and struggling helped more. Compliance is a concept hard to grasp for some people.

Well first of all, the media isn't selling what they're reporting. They're selling ad space/time. What they actually report doesn't matter. It's about getting the viewership. Typically, credibility is going to get that viewership over reporting "stuff that sells".

Even just as you said, why would they report on boring cases where police act normally? There's literally nothing to report there. That's how it should be. There's no reason to point out 99% of the times where the police are doing their jobs like they should. They focus on the 1% where they fuck up majorly or actually go above and beyond.

So, it's pretty fucking dumb to sit there and bitch about the media not reporting on benign situations.

- - - Updated - - -

But you're hating on all the media because they only report on the cops who do bad shit. Generalizations are bad.
    Never said I hate them. I only said that they only care about money even if they make a certain group look bad as a whole or not. It is true that they only care about money and that's to be expected from a for-profit organization. What I do hate is viewers that take what media reports and extrapolates it to everything and everyone even though it's just a minority that gets written about.

While I do think media is partly to blame, most of the blame is on the viewers that can't use their brains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    The majority of cops are terrorists. They serve as extortionists. Very few of them actively help people. The rest are just there to meet funding quotas.
    And here is a perfect example of a person that can't use his brain that I talked about in my previous post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you're kidding, you think the cops were fake? 6 car full of cops?

Not the brightest people, lucky they didnt get put down on the spot.

Deleted
    For those that aren't familiar with this sort of thing-its a hoax.

Most prank videos are hoaxes. Everyone involved is an actor. I remember the actress who plays the girl who gives them directions.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    The majority of cops are terrorists. They serve as extortionists. Very few of them actively help people. The rest are just there to meet funding quotas.
    A million cops in the us and only a very small % of them help people? lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I hope no actual shit was going down while the cops wasted their time on these morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I clicked on this expecting to call the youtubers idiots, but they aren't, whoever contacted the police is the idiot. It was funny and people are retarded and way over sensitive. Guys pull up in a van wearing ski masks giggling asking where the nearest bank is, and you take it so seriously you call the cops? REALLY? Whoever couldn't tell this is a joke should have been arrested and beaten up by the police. Maybe a stay in a cell with a few broken bones would give them a sense of humor and the sense to tell something real from a very clear joke.
    Only a kid would apply this bullshit logic. From a distance you can't really see/hear giggling and considering the amount of shootings in the US why wouldn't you call the cops? Better safe that sorry.

This was just a retarded "prank".
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2017-12-05 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Well I hope no actual shit was going down while the cops wasted their time on these morons.

Jesus christ wtf did they think was going to happen..
    They didn't waste any time because the cops are actors.

Every single video I have ever seen like this has eventually been exposed as a fake. It is a good fake, but a fake nonetheless.

These cops are too nice and their first instinct wasn't to shoot the dog, I call fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post

Only a kid would apply this bullshit logic. From a distance you can't really see/hear giggling and considering the amount of shootings in the US why wouldn't you call the cops? Better safe that sorry.

This was just a retarded "prank".
    Your avatar is ironic, someone who enjoys South Park should be exactly the type who doesn't like the stuffy humorless over sensitive type who called the police on them. Judging by the response, they lied too and said they saw guns or were threatened... 6 cops cars with M4's aren't going to show up because someone said "A guy in a ski mask asked where the bank is" It was CLEARLY a joke and anyone with half a brain could tell. I mean the only thing more they could have done is to wear black and white stripped shirts and have a sack with a dollar sign on it. I am in my late 30's, I just appreciate funny stuff. This was funny. I would have gotten a laugh if I'd been out there, not called the police crying and telling lies to get multiple heavily armed cops to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Let's leave the clickbait in Youtube, yeah?
    And not arrested either... No sure this was a good idea at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itDGH9vhd-k

These prank videos are really getting out of hand..
    A pity they didn't get shot and rid the world of their stupidity.

But I'm sure youtube won't even demonetize it.

LOL, pointing M16s at unarmed citizens. That happens when you militarize your police. Cops should be reprimanded for detaining and threatening unarmed citizens who broke no law.
    Last edited by Elba; 2017-12-05 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    Well one of these days this had to happen. All these pranks are getting out of hand and even in public they can do anything and can get away with it just because they have a phone in their hand, filming, the whole scenario. What if someone gets hurt in the process? Who's responsible? I mean I do like watching them but there should be a boundary line which shouldn't be crossed in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    This actually reminds me a lot of senior year. We all got in the back of my friend's pickup on the last day of school and did a drive by with supersoakers, got all the teachers. Some were pissed, some were laughing. School security were dicks about it, so they were yelling at each other over their walkie-talkies.

Unfortunately for us, the state police station at the community center nearby gets their frequencies sometimes. They didn't hear "supersoaker drive by", they heard "drive by", and the entire department showed up and almost shot us all. We sat around handcuffed on the curb while everyone else left on the busses laughing at us, so we started singing the COPS theme.
    That's actually pretty comical. Did they see the supersoakers, but cuffed you anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    They didn't waste any time because the cops are actors.

Every single video I have ever seen like this has eventually been exposed as a fake. It is a good fake, but a fake nonetheless.
    No possible way is this fake, you would be able to tell.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least the dog didn't get shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

You shouldn't blame the media at all in general. You can blame specific sources but not all media tries to generalize groups based on a few stories. The blame should almost solely be put on the viewer because even in the cases where the media source is doing such a thing, it's the viewers fault for watching that source and taking it as fact in the first place.

It's similar to how shitty "journalists" for online blogs make click bait articles about some statistical study and exaggerate the claim as fact when in reality, there's nothing wrong with the statistics but people just don't understand statistics. You shouldn't blame the person who did the study but the shitty journalist for interpreting it incorrectly and the readers for not understanding how statistics work.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked him a simple question about why he thought it was fake and acted stupid about it. Not my fault.
    Well, in your analogy the media is the journalist. The primary source is almost never accessible to the public. If we continue with your studies analogy, most studies are locked behind paywalls that the normal person would never even think about paying or in some cases can't even because it's limited to companies. The same is true with police encounters, it's pretty much impossible for the general public to get the information from the primary source so you need to rely on the media that unfortunately doesn't always tell the whole truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    LOL, pointing M16s at unarmed citizens. That happens when you militarize your police. Cops should be reprimanded for detaining and threatening unarmed citizens who broke no law.
    They were responding to a call about armed masked men in a van. That is exactly how they should have responded.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems to help when no one has a dark skin complexion.
    Except the one in the passenger seat with the facial tattoo. I guess you can't say he is particularly dark skinned, but he is clearly not a white guy either.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I have to say the video is a pretty awesome example of fantastic police work. It's pretty clear the cops don't know the camera is rolling, and they couldn't have acted any more professional if they'd been making a training video.

Dumb kids, sure. But kinda cool overall.