Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should look at the time of the other expansion as a clue to cycles. Most average 670 days in length. That would put the release of 8.0 at July 15th, 2018.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    You should look at the time of the other expansion as a clue to cycles. Most average 670 days in length. That would put the release of 8.0 at July 15th, 2018.
    I don't discount the possibility that it could arrive in July. Though I do question the Plausibility thereof.

I would be -delighted- to be wrong, though!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    That speaks to the quality of person you are and your mental capacity since all you want to do is throw slurs. Alpha doesn't start until it's available for outside testing, until that point its called development builds, not alpha. Good try though.

Wrong. Legion was in Alpha until 2 months before release. Stop talking out of your ass.

That isn't going to happen with reduced work loads that they already said was happening. Devs too take off time during the holidays, not just CMs.
    Um... most alpha tests for most companies are internal.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean.... let's be honest Legion kinda threw most beta speculation out the window. Since it had no Friends & Family alpha, and it had no Beta.

As always, the date public testing starts will tell us more about the release date than how done it looks at Blizzcon.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean.... let's be honest Legion kinda threw most beta speculation out the window. Since it had no Friends & Family alpha, and it had no Beta.

As always, the date public testing starts will tell us more about the release date than how done it looks at Blizzcon.
    This is true... I just really -really- want Void Elves before February if possible and to get BfA after I've had time to get my new Alliance and Horde alts to level 110. (Alliance first, though, since Zandalari are still going to be gated by questing content in Battle).
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Every expansion someone comes and say: next expansion only a few months away; and in the end it's always 10-14 months after the last raid-release/content patch. (except BC)

I think it's probably get released mid November.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    Read my entire post, not just the title.

Examples I provided:
    1) Silithis changes with Azerite emergence.
    2) Changes supporting allied races in "minor patch".

Not general. General if you only read the first sentence and title of my post.
    both support 7.3.5 being closer then suspected, and them having features from BFA.
    but no BFA is still a LONG ways away, at blizzcon they literally knew nothing about warfronts and very little about island challenges aswell as stuff for the azerite armors. All concepts and ideas and slight set ups. they legit showed us nothing but some buildings placed and mobs running at eachother for the warfronts, no system rewards, balance etxc
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

After seeing how far they are along with the allied races, I totally expect this expansion to be sooner rather than later. Next Wrath Timewalking is early Feb, so I expect patch to come first week of Feb and Beta to start soon after.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Really surprised that a lot of people are thinking summer time (June/July)... Normally Beta lasts 6-7 months and that is not even open, and as some have said, zones and dungeons are not complete yet.. so I would say we get Beta in March/April and looking at a September/October release.. at the earliest.. I would even say November is possible.

Is Blizzard trolling us and BfA is actually closer than we think it could be?
    It's after Legion pvp season 7. Season 6 just started.

You do the math.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That's exactly right.

They showed basically nothing at Blizzcon except concepts.

No works Islands. No working Warfronts. No working Heart of Azeroth system. No class changes.

Basically nothing.

November/December 2018. If its late, January 2019.

Look at the way they are dragging Legion out now. We didn't get 7.3.5. We got a .2 patch instead. Now we have to wait months for .5.
    I think you're both wrong tbh. They didn't want to show everything at blizzcon ofc. And btw I think they said "No big class changes" so that is no surprise.

I mean if you think about it. All the datamining thats been revealed in the past weeks is alot of spoilers. I don't think it just came out for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Blizz has always patches things in, in this situation its very diffrent considering the events that have happend. The changes are more obvious because of the story but nothing has pointed to an earlier release at all.
    Um not really, considering the 4 Allied Races we know about are all Legion races and they've already added the achievements, quests, etc for the races, leaving out the other two. This kind of stuff USUALLY comes with an X.0 pre-expansion patch.

OP, I don't know if we're "closer to BfA than we thought", but I have a very strong suspicious that 7.3.5 will let us play the 4 allied races we know plenty about (LF Draenei, HM Tauren, the Elf races), probably as a pre-purchase incentive for BfA.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    We know that there are at least 2 out of 6 complete zones, with all quests, mobs, drops, and environments provided. We also know that there are 2 instances out of 10 that have been completed, with all quests, mobs, and environments provided (I didn't see anyone looting bosses, there). During the Legion Reveal at Blizzcon, we saw only the initial starting area of the Demon Hunters, Mardum.

This, along with the massive portion of the Allied Races we've already seen completed, questing hubs, voice lines, even an apparent microholiday, indicates that more of Battle for Azeroth is completed at this time than was likely completed of Legion at this time in 2016.

This gives me some hope that the developers will continue to follow their 11 week schedule, drop 7.3.5 in late January, possibly with the Pre-Order bonus "Allied Races" unlocked the same day or within a few weeks, drop 8.0 some time in April to May, and then release the actual expansion late July, early August.

A more reasonable expectation is that we'll see BfA launch between September 11th and September 25th of 2018, with the Pre-Order bonus being the Allied Races 11 weeks -after- 7.3.5 releases, with the 8.0 prepatch 11 weeks after that point.
    Actually that sounds like a good guestimate, and an exciting one, I hope you're right, BfA does seem far more along than Legion was in its pre-announcement... I think blizzard may have realized if they reveal an expansion a later later and further along it its development than before, they'll get it out much sooner and people won't feel like they are waiting a long long time.

Considering the Hearthstone card back for BFA is now being shown I feel pre-order and 7.3.5 will be out after new year. Then they will give the first 4 races as expected and the other 2 will come with BFA. The pre-order bonus will be access to the races and then they will be giving people time to level a new race up in time for BFA. They want people playing the races in BFA so people get jealous from the start and spend money on insta-level etc to use them

Deleted
    Well Blizzard did say at Blizzcon it would be released earlier than you think, but seems likes most people didn't listen, I stiil think it will either be a August or September release

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolbjorn View Post
    It's after Legion pvp season 7. Season 6 just started.

You do the math.
    Reference that there will be a season 7? I honestly don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just added 4 more prestiges levels .

Also, idk where i saw in game, but once u hoovered the mouse over with, it would show something like legion Season 5, 6 & 7

Reference that there will be a season 7? I honestly don't know.
    If you open up appearances, sets, the top pvp set is "season 5, 6, and 7".

Also as Nihal posted, they added 4 more achievements for more prestige levels in the latest ptr patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    its probably going to come out in the summer
    I agree, but im leaning towards mid summer, not end summer/early fall.

Im calling the date. July 24th. Prepatch on June 26th. Beta late Feb/early March. 5 months is plenty for beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Rich, coming from the one who started out with the "Forum Scum" shit. I was responding to your nastiness.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=252926/w...ation-now-live May. So we were both wrong.''

*EDIT* Oh. We were both wronger. https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...blizzcon-panel Legion Closed Beta started "Within a few weeks" of Blizzcon, according to the Devs at Blizzcon. Looks like they kinda skipped the Alpha, by their chosen terminology!

They had 2 dungeons and 2 world questing zones finished before November. For Legion they only showed us Mardum for the Demon Hunters. Kinda indicates they're further along than most people seem to think, especially since the Blizzcon Demo had to be internally tested and polished to hell and back for the showroom floor (Which means at least a few weeks or a month of focus on those two before November to get 1/3rd of the leveling areas ready for release).

The question is: How much of the work is already done?

If they've got voiceovers and artwork, quest design and leveling, assignment of gear and preparation in place for the Allied Races (Which the PTR indicates they do) they could make a January release. Specifically, following the 11 week schedule, January 26th. It would give them another week of hard-drive before Christmas, then 3 weeks after Christmas to polish it out for the live release.

I think they've got time.
    Some music was in, and a lot of the maps were in along with at least 2 dungeons and half of the allied races. The only thing that would hold a July release date back is Warfronts as those seemed pretty early still.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    We have similar thinking. Though I think the prepatch will be a few weeks earlier than that. Around the release of the book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Every expansion someone comes and say: next expansion only a few months away; and in the end it's always 10-14 months after the last raid-release/content patch. (except BC)

I think it's probably get released mid November.
    You have been burned too many times to see how far along they are. Theres nothing that could hold them back that long. September possibly, but I see that as a worst care scenario.