Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    It clearly wasn't, judging by your own standards. While I think the "Horde be a family" thing is dumb as fuck and agree the Iron Horde has the right general look and theme, I have to point out the Iron Horde doesn't work either. Maybe the Horde shouldn't be a family of underdogs and Blizzard misunderstood this because people are shit at expressing their opinions.
    Just because I find WoD's ending bad doesn't mean the Iron Horde somehow doesn't meet my standards.

Maybe the Horde wants to be a military juggernaut that doesn't murder children or genocide their enemies. One that isn't focused on conquering the world or opposing the Alliance, but that vigorously maintains its strength without idiotic backstabbing like would often happen in Northrend.
    But again, when Garrosh ascended to power, there was literally no other option than to oppose the Alliance. Every diplomatic avenue had been exhausted, and it was impossible to keep conflict isolated in Ashenvale, or even Kalimdor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    He did do a lot of stuff wrong. He was a horrible warmongering, hateful, bigoted, tyrant of a Warchief who stifled the growth and prosperity of the Horde in favor of feeding it's people to a war machine that most of them didn't want in the first place and were so opposed to him and his ideals that the Horde rebelled against him and even temporarily allied with the Alliance to end him.
    Garrosh's war was 100% justified. The Orcs were starving, the Night Elves had cut off trade unfairly and every attempt at reestablishing trade diplomatically had failed. Garrosh also didn't stifle the growth or prosperity of the Horde, I have no idea where you're pulling that nonsense from. It was Garrosh who saved the Horde from starvation, it was Garrosh who pushed the industrialization of the Horde, etc. Not exactly "stifling" growth and prosperity there.

With regard to what the Horde wants, it doesn't matter. He was Warchief, not them. The Horde is, by all accounts, a dictatorial organization. The "Blood Oath of the Horde" literally states that members are "instruments of the Warchief's desire." Never mind the fact that Garrosh was beloved by the Orcs, at least.

As far as bigotry goes, look at his allies. Every single one moaned and complained. Vol'jin made a treasonous assassination threat, Baine flat-out betrayed the Horde, etc. How could you not be bigoted against people like that? Especially when your people are required to defend their lands?

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    *Looks at pulsing Old God heart* sure thing buddy.
    Blizzard stated he wasn't corrupted. So long as the Old God isn't revitalized, what's the harm?

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    Believe me, I'm a RP player (Yes, we still roam), and I know the Horde inherited all the "Legol-asses" as soon as BElves were introduced...
    But I was focusing more on the "GIVE ALLIANCE HIGHELVES" crowd in my original message, if I have to be specific... They just can't see themselves playing as the other faction to the point that they actually demand to play as an opposite race without faction changing.... And the worst part is that Blizz gave them what they wanted...
    That's called spoiling a child in my book : yielding to a child's uproar instead of patiently waiting for him to understand why life works this way...

Oh well..
    They really didn't get what they wanted with Void Elves though. Void Elves are absolute trash and are in no way close to "High Elves." Either way, why would you want these people on Horde? Let them have High Elves, the fewer polluting our faction the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Do we actually 100% know the Horde burned Teldrassil? I keep seeing people act like we know that, so I must have missed something. All I remember from Blizzcon was Blizzard coyly dancing around the issue, never quite saying who did it.
    Considering they've been releasing art of Sylvanas standing in front of a burning Teldrassil, I'm really not sure what other conclusions you can draw.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Uh...

You do realize "Before the Storm" introduces a council that is currently "meeting the needs of the people" in the Undercity, right?

The Alliance clearly won SoO. Furthermore, while possible, for the Horde to win, Jaina, Genn and Tyrande have to die. There's no way any of those characters tolerate peace or surrender while staying true to character.
    Sylvanas is not Garorsh and she needs to change ALOT to be even close to that situation.

The Desolate Council is there, but we have no idea if they will just be an entity or they will actually have charming and interesting characters leading them. Undtil we see some of the potential characters, there is really no sign of any new Forsaken characters taking the scene.

The alliance did win SoO, but so did the Horde. None of the Factions lost that day, only Garrosh. That is how they worked around the extremly hard action of having a faction win a war. Having big characters die is not how we calculate wins or losses either. We can have Tyrande, Malfurion and Kurdan Wildhammer die tomorrow and yet it would not be like the Horde have made a huge win, because these characters are not very liked by the players right now and they will not really feel like much is lost.

When it comes to Genn, we will proberly see him either die or get calmed down during BFA. There is no way, that he is going to get his revenge again. Jaina as always will proberly be less fanatic after her vacation and Tyrande, is as said before, is not really a character lead by war with the Horde currently, especially since the story has to be open for that it was the Horde players who saved her dear Malfurion.

So yeah, still many things up for grasp and who knows? Maybe Sylvanas will become the small victor in all of this, we will have to wait and see for what story BFA is actually gonna tell, because so far, everybody just stands in the moral white area. Any aggresion is gonna be seen as evil, yet if Blizzard still wants the players of the Horde or Alliance to like and cheer for their faction, no matter who does the real first attack, they have to make somebody "evil" only from the point of view of the opposing faction.... And that.... Is really fucking hard.
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2017-12-05 at 08:42 PM.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The Desolate Council is there, but we have no idea if they will just be an entity or they will actually have charming and interesting characters leading them. Undtil we see some of the potential characters, there is really no sign of any new Forsaken characters taking the scene.
    They don't have to be charming or interesting. Honestly, they didn't even need to exist. The Orcs and Trolls went without a racial leader for a while, after all. So I really don't know where you're pulling that bit from.

The alliance did win SoO, but so did the Horde. None of the Factions lost that day, only Garrosh. That is how they worked around the extremly hard action of having a faction win a war
    They outright stated at the following Blizzcon that "The Alliance was the only remaining superpower." The Horde didn't win that.

Having big characters die is not how we calculate wins or losses either. We can have Tyrande, Malfurion and Kurdan Wildhammer die tomorrow and yet it would not be like the Horde have made a huge win, because these characters are not very liked by the players right now and they will not really feel like much is lost.
    "Characters dying isn't how wins/losses are calculated. Player opinion is!"

No, just stop. That's incredibly stupid.

When it comes to Genn, we will proberly see him either die or get calmed down during BFA. There is no way, that he is going to get his revenge again.
    His Kingdom's in ruins and his son is dead. I really don't see calming down being in the cards.

Jaina as always will proberly be less fanatic after her vacation
    Yeah, she just needed a break. The 9-5 grind was really taking its toll on her!

Tyrande, is as said before, is not really a character lead by war with the Horde currently, especially since the story has to be open for that it was the Horde players who saved her dear Malfurion.
    She was also skeptical of the Horde following SoO. Had some unpleasant words for us in Suramar, and we've just torched her home.

Considering they've been releasing art of Sylvanas standing in front of a burning Teldrassil, I'm really not sure what other conclusions you can draw.
    One of the easiest is she goes there to meet with her sisters, gets ambushed by a third party, knocked out and wakes up to a burning Teldrassil.

The stance she's in in that picture looks more to me like an "oh shit" kind of stance than a "hah, burn, tree" stance. If she were responsible she would be getting the hell out of there before the two races of Druids living there start flying toward her.

If Blizzard hasn't outright said the Horde did it, that suggests to me the Horde didn't do it, and the art is meant to be a red herring. I can't imagine, after MoP, Blizzard deciding to make the Horde "the bad guys" again. They know the Horde players didn't appreciate it the first time.

Dude you haven't watched the "powerful womyn" panel on blizzcon, have you?

There's no way she will be harmed by any means, same for Jaina.

at the end we find out that sylvanas been dead since she killed her self at the end of wrath and the current one is a dreadlord all along.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the easiest is she goes there to meet with her sisters, gets ambushed by a third party, knocked out and wakes up to a burning Teldrassil.
    Easiest to debunk, perhaps. Considering there's another piece of showcased art, featuring a wounded elf alongside Sylvanas, Nathanos and Saurfang. Unless there's some weird relation that Nathanos and Saurfang have to the Windrunner family, it's safe to discount a reunion.

The stance she's in in that picture looks more to me like an "oh shit" kind of stance than a "hah, burn, tree" stance. If she were responsible she would be getting the hell out of there before the two races of Druids living there start flying toward her.
    Yes, you can really discern this from a piece of art showcasing a character from behind. It's not like there's any canonical instance of Horde members being awestruck by mass destruction.

If Blizzard hasn't outright said the Horde did it, that suggests to me the Horde didn't do it, and the art is meant to be a red herring. I can't imagine, after MoP, Blizzard deciding to make the Horde "the bad guys" again. They know the Horde players didn't appreciate it the first time.
    Do they really need to do this? Do players require everything to be explained so clearly to them? Regardless, you've seen this company. They haven't made a good decision in the last 7 or so years. You think they won't hit us with the villain bat again? They've been doing this shit since the Burning Crusade.

Just because I find WoD's ending bad doesn't mean the Iron Horde somehow doesn't meet my standards.

But again, when Garrosh ascended to power, there was literally no other option than to oppose the Alliance. Every diplomatic avenue had been exhausted, and it was impossible to keep conflict isolated in Ashenvale, or even Kalimdor.
    Considering how slow the Alliance was to realize there actually was a war going on, how he didn't even make any lasting gains in Ashenvale, and the times it's demonstrated that his aggression against the Alliance leads to self-sabotage, I'd say the other races of the Horde were right to be leery of his leadership. If he had chilled out a bit, he'd probably have been a lot more popular. But with his actual personality? There was no reason to believe the war wouldn't continue to drag out endlessly. He'd keep on fighting the Alliance even when there was no longer justifiable reason to.

So a rehash of Cataclysm? Why do we have to excuse every warmongering act in this game? It's called Warcraft, let there be war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Easiest to debunk, perhaps. Considering there's another piece of showcased art, featuring a wounded elf alongside Sylvanas, Nathanos and Saurfang. Unless there's some weird relation that Nathanos and Saurfang have to the Windrunner family, it's safe to discount a reunion.

Yes, you can really discern this from a piece of art showcasing a character from behind. It's not like there's any canonical instance of Horde members being awestruck by mass destruction.

Do they really need to do this? Do players require everything to be explained so clearly to them? Regardless, you've seen this company. They haven't made a good decision in the last 7 or so years. You think they won't hit us with the villain bat again? They've been doing this shit since the Burning Crusade.
    Unlikely the warchief of the Horde would go by herself to a meeting on the outskirts of a major enemy city. She'd at LEAST bring a champion or two with her.

And you can discern what I said from the art as much as what others are about her doing it. Her stance to me looks like she's a second from dropping to her knees and shouting "you maniacs, you blew it up".

Players don't need everything explained clearly to them, but when they don't it can very well mean they aren't saying something because they don't want to spoil a surprise.

I've got a specific scene/timeline in mind for what happens that I've worked out over the last month, and while I don't think it's 100% right, I don't think it's got a 0% chance of being a possibility just because Blizzard decided to show us some surface level pictures. It feels very much like they're trying their hardest to make her seem responsible so the book has a twist ending "no one saw coming".

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    So a rehash of Cataclysm? Why do we have to excuse every warmongering act in this game? It's called Warcraft, let there be war.
    Because then it becomes World of Meaningless Warcraft, where no one is really invested because the whole thing is more about whether you like red better than blue.

Garrosh's war was 100% justified. The Orcs were starving, the Night Elves had cut off trade unfairly and every attempt at reestablishing trade diplomatically had failed. Garrosh also didn't stifle the growth or prosperity of the Horde, I have no idea where you're pulling that nonsense from. It was Garrosh who saved the Horde from starvation, it was Garrosh who pushed the industrialization of the Horde, etc. Not exactly "stifling" growth and prosperity there.

With regard to what the Horde wants, it doesn't matter. He was Warchief, not them. The Horde is, by all accounts, a dictatorial organization. The "Blood Oath of the Horde" literally states that members are "instruments of the Warchief's desire." Never mind the fact that Garrosh was beloved by the Orcs, at least.

As far as bigotry goes, look at his allies. Every single one moaned and complained. Vol'jin made a treasonous assassination threat, Baine flat-out betrayed the Horde, etc. How could you not be bigoted against people like that? Especially when your people are required to defend their lands?
    The first action he took as warchief was to overhaul the city to be more warlike in look and in nature and evicted a huge portion of the population from the city. That was done prior to any of the "treasonous" acts you're claiming made his actions justified. Garrosh didn't WANT to trade he wanted to take it for himself...he just wanted war. The actions he took to take everything he wanted by force all ended horribly. His taking of Ashenvale ended up with him almost dead at Varian's hand with most of his forces decimated, his actions to try and destroy the quillboar in Mulgore ended up with him almost dead, his entire vanguard killed and having to be rescued by the people who he had just recently called stupid for not wanting to go with his more warlike solution.

The solutions that worked long term, were the ones his allies had set-up peacefully or diplomatically behind his back or despite his insistence that they just take it for themselves.

What the Horde wants absolutely matters. Considering how much it values strength and honor, you'd have to be a raving lunatic with a death wish to completely disregard the wants, needs and advice of the rest of the leadership because if they feel like you've dishonored them or are causing more harm than good they'll kill you for it. Who wants to be part of an absolute dictatorship where you're not allowed to think for yourself for fear of death or banishment? Garrosh was literally the WoW Hitler for fuck sake...why would anyone support that?

As I stated before the actions you're using to justify his bigotry only happened after he showed he was a racist bigot by evicting a large portion of the population out of Orgimmar because they were "too weak" to defend the city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how slow the Alliance was to realize there actually was a war going on, how he didn't even make any lasting gains in Ashenvale, and the times it's demonstrated that his aggression against the Alliance leads to self-sabotage, I'd say the other races of the Horde were right to be leery of his leadership. If he had chilled out a bit, he'd probably have been a lot more popular. But with his actual personality? There was no reason to believe the war wouldn't continue to drag out endlessly. He'd keep on fighting the Alliance even when there was no longer justifiable reason to.
    The Alliance wasn't slow to react, though. I don't know where you're getting this from. During Garrosh's initial assault in "Wolfheart" his progress is stopped by a Knaak-ified Varian. Beyond that, we know that canonically Theramore was being used to funnel Alliance soldiers and siege weaponry into the Barrens to force a second front on Kalimdor, that's why Theramore had to be destroyed.

Of course the war was going to drag out endlessly. Do you honestly believe the Horde could simply take and hold Kalimdor while Stormwind still stood? That was Garrosh's plan, initially, but it wasn't ever going to work out that way. There's just zero chance whatsoever that Varian ceases hostilities in a situation like that.

Unlikely the warchief of the Horde would go by herself to a meeting on the outskirts of a major enemy city. She'd at LEAST bring a champion or two with her.
    When did Saurfang get demoted from Orcish racial leader to Sylvanas' bodyguard?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The first action he took as warchief was to overhaul the city to be more warlike in look and in nature
    You're being ridiculously dishonest here. A fire had burned a significant chunk of Orgrimmar. Even Cairne, one of Garrosh's foremost critics, praised his decision to rebuild the city. What's your complaint here? That he bothered to rebuild Orgrimmar with material that isn't likely to burn to a crisp, after Orgrimmar burned down because it looks mean? I mean what?

evicted a huge portion of the population from the city.
    The city was segregated. People weren't evicted.

That was done prior to any of the "treasonous" acts you're claiming made his actions justified.
    Segregation doesn't excuse treason. Nice job putting the word treasonous in quotes by the way. Threatening a legitimate sovereign and warning an enemy of an upcoming attack from your faction are both inarguably treasonous.

Garrosh didn't WANT to trade he wanted to take it for himself...he just wanted war. The actions he took to take everything he wanted by force all ended horribly. His taking of Ashenvale ended up with him almost dead at Varian's hand with most of his forces decimated, his actions to try and destroy the quillboar in Mulgore ended up with him almost dead, his entire vanguard killed and having to be rescued by the people who he had just recently called stupid for not wanting to go with his more warlike solution.
    The Quillboar situation was able to be resolved peacefully. Ashenvale wasn't. That was tried, and it failed. Are we supposed to criticize Garrosh for taking the only option left on the table, simply because that was his preferred solution?

The solutions that worked long term, were the ones his allies had set-up peacefully or diplomatically behind his back or despite his insistence that they just take it for themselves.
    Yes, obviously Garrosh's solutions didn't work long-term. He was betrayed halfway through and lost.

What the Horde wants absolutely matters. Considering how much it values strength and honor, you'd have to be a raving lunatic with a death wish to completely disregard the wants, needs and advice of the rest of the leadership because if they feel like you've dishonored them or are causing more harm than good they'll kill you for it.
    Garrosh didn't completely disregard what it needed. The Horde was starving, trade had been cut and diplomacy had failed. He took action to secure what his people needed.

As far as advice, what advice? Baseless accusations like Cairne made? Death threats like Vol'jin made?

And you seem to fundamentally misunderstand how the Horde works. If his underlings feel like he's doing a poor job they can challenge him to Mak'gora. Only Cairne did that. Threatening to shoot him from "da shadows bruddamon" isn't legitimate, it's treasonous.

Who wants to be part of an absolute dictatorship where you're not allowed to think for yourself for fear of death or banishment?
    The Tauren and Trolls, considering they swore the Blood Oath of the Horde, which literally sets up the Horde as an absolutist dictatorship.

Garrosh was literally the WoW Hitler for fuck sake...why would anyone support that?
    Great Godwin there. Next time you read history, try to have an eye out for nuance, eh?

As I stated before the actions you're using to justify his bigotry only happened after he showed he was a racist bigot by evicting a large portion of the population out of Orgimmar because they were "too weak" to defend the city.
    Is (justified) racism the crime of the century now? Do "wrong opinions" excuse treason? No, that's ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    They don't have to be charming or interesting. Honestly, they didn't even need to exist. The Orcs and Trolls went without a racial leader for a while, after all. So I really don't know where you're pulling that bit from.

They outright stated at the following Blizzcon that "The Alliance was the only remaining superpower." The Horde didn't win that.

"Characters dying isn't how wins/losses are calculated. Player opinion is!"

No, just stop. That's incredibly stupid.

His Kingdom's in ruins and his son is dead. I really don't see calming down being in the cards.

Yeah, she just needed a break. The 9-5 grind was really taking its toll on her!

She was also skeptical of the Horde following SoO. Had some unpleasant words for us in Suramar, and we've just torched her home.
    They kinda have to if you don't want a troll situation on your hands. People hate that there is nobody to take over the leadership of the trolls and no matter what blizzard might say is going on outside of the main story, it is kinda bad that there is nothing visually clear for the player. You talking about the orcs and the trolls is really going against your own argument, because people fucking hated the state the orcs were in and the current state of the troll race leadership.
    So no, they have to have a pressence in the game if they are to be succescfull and if they are boring and uninteresting, people will just start calling for getting Sylvanas back.

Again, from the player standpoint, both sides won. Horde was happy and Alliance was happy. Blizzard might say some things, but again, it all depends on what is percieved by the player.... And many horde players were were proberly ready to kick some Alliance ass after SoO I will agree, that Alliance proberly won more, but there were no faction who lost in that fight.

Ohh it is far from stupid. It is as stupid as most of your arguments But really, if Sylvanas got assasinated tomorrow and in return Kurdan would be killed during the assasination, people would not call that an equal trade, because one of those characters are way more loved or popular then the other. That is why player perception is actually the important factor of wins and losses. If the players feel like their side lost, then they lost, no matter how much one would try to do up the maths.

Well, characters in WoW have forgotten worse things But yeah, it is highly likely that he will die in the offensive during BFA. A character as aggresive as his does not last long in WoW.

Hehe yeah Jaina just needed something else to think about and it seems like with Kul Tiras she got what she needed. Her rage character was not that interesting anyway

All alliance leaders are skeptical of the Horde, it is a character feature, but that is still not something that leads them to advocate open war. Teldrassil might be the tipping stone, but we are yet to see what presets the event and what reactions follows it, other then the attack on Lordaeron.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    They kinda have to if you don't want a troll situation on your hands. People hate that there is nobody to take over the leadership of the trolls and no matter what blizzard might say is going on outside of the main story, it is kinda bad that there is nothing visually clear for the player. You talking about the orcs and the trolls is really going against your own argument, because people fucking hated the state the orcs were in and the current state of the troll race leadership.
    So no, they have to have a pressence in the game if they are to be succescfull and if they are boring and uninteresting, people will just start calling for getting Sylvanas back.
    No, and this just makes it clear that you somehow missed what my argument actually was. You claimed that they won't replace Sylvanas because they have nothing to replace her with, nor is said replacement developed. I pointed out that both the Orcs and Trolls went without a leader for quite some time.

Do players dislike that? Yes. Does it matter, or harm my argument in any way? No, and I cannot see how anyone would come to that conclusion. People hated what happened with the Orcs, Blizzard did that and worse to the Trolls. You seriously think, after all that, that Blizzard won't replace Sylvanas because "players disliked it?"

What is it with you and player opinion, anyway? All of your arguments are either utterly nonsensical, or hinged upon something as nebulous (and meaningless) as player opinion.

Again, from the player standpoint, both sides won. Horde was happy and Alliance was happy.
    Alliance players weren't happy about SoO. They're still complaining about Horde favoritism there. Did they somehow lose? No, because their happiness has no bearing on winning/losing.

But really, if Sylvanas got assasinated tomorrow and in return Kurdan would be killed during the assasination, people would not call that an equal trade, because one of those characters are way more loved or popular then the other. That is why player perception is actually the important factor of wins and losses. If the players feel like their side lost, then they lost, no matter how much one would try to do up the maths.
    It wouldn't be an equal trade because Sylvanas is currently Warchief of the Horde and Kurdran is at the head of Highbank. Those posts aren't comparable, but player opinion has nothing to do about it. With regard to player perception, if their feelings don't line up with "maths" (reality), that's when they inevitably get called stupid. Because they are.

All alliance leaders are skeptical of the Horde, it is a character feature, but that is still not something that leads them to advocate open war. Teldrassil might be the tipping stone, but we are yet to see what presets the event and what reactions follows it, other then the attack on Lordaeron.
    Tyrande has a worse opinion of the Horde than most. Beyond that, her home was just burned down. There's really only one way for her to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    Yeah, once again we Horde will get the shorter end of the stick, and once again Alliance will end up being the "goody two-shoes" faction who eventually wins in the end, because Blizzard obviously can't deal with the whinier part of their fanbase that would shitstorm their forums so hard if the Alliance ever loses anything again... I mean... Remember Theramore's destruction ? Remember Southshore ? (a place no one even went to anyway) Hell... remember how Blood Elves were horde only and Night Elves were Alliance only ?

So, for the end of BfA, I expect to see only elves, participating in topless dance contests ontop of the bodies of thousands of orcs, tauren and trolls, just because the kids wanted their "Lëgølàssssss" character to be the epitomy of coolness regardless of the Warcraft Universe's original (kinda) gritty and "ugly" tone...

This makes me so sad actually...

I would have loved to see somthing really original, like the Naaru ending up being manipulative laser windchimes, Greymane using the Alliance to pursue a personal vengence and dealing with Old God whispers, but we'll probably end up with Sylvanas being put as an antagonist (even when her reasons to seek how to prevent the Forsakens' inevitable downfall is 100% legit btw)
    The irony is spectacular. Truly something to behold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

I would love an Alliance victory, as Horde. I think that would be just the kick in the pants I need to hate the Alliance again. My dream ending is this:

Horde prepares to do something desperate. Alliance stop them, crushing their armies. With victory near, they begin to list victory conditions that include occupation of Horde capitals and, officially, the Warchief will not be able to act without Alliance approval. The Horde gets a second wind from realizing they are about to lose their independence and bloody the Alliance, killing a faction leader or two, but ultimately fail. The next expansion is a repeat of post-Second War shenanigans where in Orgrimmar there are Alliance embassies and representatives overseeing the Horde and a few overzealous individuals mistreat the populace. Some factions remain independent while enclaves of orcs continue the fight guerilla-style in Ashenvale and The Barrens. Both factions are justified in the damage they do - Alliance finally shutting down a rival faction that proved to be extremely irresponsible and the Horde fighting for freedom rather than conquest.

The faction war continues on a smaller scale and the next story arc of WoW involves the Horde bristling at the Alliance's control and eventually bucking it entirely, resetting the status quo since Blizzard clearly stated they don't plan on the faction war ever going away.

Because then it becomes World of Meaningless Warcraft, where no one is really invested because the whole thing is more about whether you like red better than blue.
    Reason enough for me. I mean facing a different big bad every year isn't any better. Oh noes, kill this boss before it destroys our world, give me a break.

But IIRC Azshara will be in this expansion so you may have what you wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    The irony is spectacular. Truly something to behold.
    I never considered complaining about too much complaining was considered irony, but it does look like it if you simplify it this way.
    I still stand to my point, and my complaint is still legit tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    While I agree that the emergence of N'Zoth probably wouldn't be sufficient to stop the Horde vs. Alliance juggernaut from moving while it's in full swing, I think the actual death throes of Azeroth (or the World-Soul within Azeroth) likely could. I'm imagining devastation on par with the Sundering at the close of the War of the Ancients - splintering continents, raging seas devouring largish tracts of lands, and the raising of new landmasses from the sea floor (perhaps including the undersea kingdom of Nazjatar). Filaments of necrotic Arcane energy boiling from the earth, the Elemental spirits of Azeroth thrown into complete and frenzied disarray, and the Elemental Planes themselves collapsing into the physical universe on a scale above and beyond their exposure in Cata.

That I think would stop the war and give both primary factions considerable pause - but outside that, I don't think the faction conflict will stop until the leadership of one side or the other has been completely neutralized.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead