Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    It can't die soon enough, it's too obsessed with pandering to the "progressive" crowd than actually writing decent stories. Am I actually supposed to be AGAINST what Red Skull is saying here?

I think you missed the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    That's the point... Red Skull is absolute villain in this comic and all others, he fought for Nazis, he is always on the "bad" side.

So, whenever Red Skull explains his motivations, we are supposed to be disgusted by them. That's what authors always try to do. And yet... in this case, a "normal" person would agree with what Red Skull says while, in author's mind, it appearently is something disgusting.

It shows the detachment of "elites" from how ordinary people view the world.
    Ya no. Your suppose to want to side with the red skull because he makes a convincing argument and what he is saying is true but in the end his end result isn’t better and his methods are even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well most of them are now digital:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HWy3E75ypG...600/RCO001.jpg

Its cheaper that paper.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well most of them are now digital:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HWy3E75ypG...600/RCO001.jpg

Its cheaper that paper.
    God I wish invader zim was still a show it’s just not the same in comic form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    God I wish invader zim was still a show it’s just not the same in comic form.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Sweet lord Jesus I didn’t know this was a thing you just made my year.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Comics will survive, but paper comics probably won't. Stuff is going all digital now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

I hope not, i love the smell of freshly printed comics.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    It can't die soon enough, it's too obsessed with pandering to the "progressive" crowd than actually writing decent stories. Am I actually supposed to be AGAINST what Red Skull is saying here?

He's literally espousing fascist propaganda.

So yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Comics are doing fine. It's just Marvel and DC that aren't doing fine. And that's because they're beholden to an archaic distribution system and weird reboots and events. Marvel and DC think they're in competition with each other while they fight over table scraps left behind by companies like Dark Horse and Viz. You know what the best selling superhero comic in America is currently? My Hero Academia. A fucking manga. It's clear that DC and Marvel are doing something TERRIBLY wrong, but they're so insular that they don't even realize what the industry ACTUALLY looks like.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    Will children have disappeared in 50 years ?

So yes there will still be comics

Deleted
    Just my personal observation from my local comic stores, but it seems to me that there are less and less "traditional" comics - comics that appear on a weekly or monthly basis and are cheap enough for even children to buy. Instead there are more and more hardcover and super-thick comic books that cost ten times more than regular comics used to. And the artwork has changed too, with the background of many pages inked black instead of just leaving it white, which also increases the costs. They've gone from small and cheap to big and expensive. And eventually that will start hurting profits. People will rather buy several regular comics for $2.50 than a hardcover for $25, especially if the latter has significantly less than 10 times the pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Just my personal observation from my local comic stores, but it seems to me that there are less and less "traditional" comics - comics that appear on a weekly or monthly basis and are cheap enough for even children to buy. Instead there are more and more hardcover and super-thick comic books that cost ten times more than regular comics used to. And the artwork has changed too, with the background of many pages inked black instead of just leaving it white, which also increases the costs. They've gone from small and cheap to big and expensive. And eventually that will start hurting profits. People will rather buy several regular comics for $2.50 than a hardcover for $25, especially if the latter has significantly less than 10 times the pages.
    Not even remotely true. American comics are more diverse than they used to be. That's a big plus.

Comics might be a little expensive although the price relative to the rate of inflation isn't as high you think. The inking of the comic has nothing to do with its costs. The cost of paper is much more important.

Collected editions are generally more cost efficient than regular comics. Whilst some people might balk at plunking down $35 for a Marvel Ultimate Edition or $125 for an Omnibus Hardcover but they collect 20 or 60 comics.

Magic and other games are what keeps my local shops afloat. Comics are nice, but they aren't paying the rent.

10+ Year Old Account
    If comics survived the inquisition of the 60s and 70s, they can survive the moronic idea of them just disappearing.

I think the idea of the Local Comic Shop is one that is going to struggle a lot. Only the most resilient and clever shop owners will survive through various gimmicks. The reality is that most shop owners just dont possess the marketing flair needed to transform "A comic store" into the relevant thing they need to become.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

7+ Year Old Account
    Comics just require an artist, a writer and an idea and often that just takes one person so no; comics are not going anywhere. Publications won't completely die out either as people still like to own and collect physical media. What is being hit in particular are the staple super hero comics of Marvel and DC as their audience is being cannibalised by the abundance of movies, tv shows and video games that cater to and satisfy that demographic. They don't need comics any more to get the stories they want and this is why so many comic book stores are vanishing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Not if they keep going SJW.
    True. The rampant leftism, and now in the form of SJW antics, have harmed the comic book industry far more than the 90s "speculator's bubble" ever did.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    True. The rampant leftism, and now in the form of SJW antics, have harmed the comic book industry far more than the 90s "speculator's bubble" ever did.
    Progressive politics seem to infect everything and leave nothing but a barren wasteland behind. Maybe catering material to a small loud vocal minority isn't a good idea?

Deleted
    Progressive politics seem to infect everything and leave nothing but a barren wasteland behind
    Ok take your meds now

10+ Year Old Account
    Progressive politics seem to infect everything and leave nothing but a barren wasteland behind. Maybe catering material to a small loud vocal minority isn't a good idea?
    I agree. One of the rules of SJW is "SJWs ruin everything." Former comic book fans have known this for a while. Former Star Trek and Doctor Who fans know this now. NFL fans are rapidly figuring it out too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man its like people didn't read the x-men before.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly DC did the right thing by just rebooting with new 52 and rebirth. It let them retell stories, add a few things, and not just continue on a story long after it should have ended, and brought some new life into old characters. Marvel should reboot, but then we lose Infamous Ironman. Then again if the Disney/Fox deal goes through, expect way more x-men and fantastic 4 comics. (rather than x-men getting cucked by inhumans and fantastic not exactly 4... in the same room... ever)

Also lovin the new bat family and dark knights. Even the super sons are great comics.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-12-06 at 04:40 PM.