View Poll Results: Are you sick of demons?

Voters
322. This poll is closed
  • Yes

193 59.94%
  • No

129 40.06%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Not as much as im sick of fel!

The reason people aren't complaining about demons as much is that they aren't even one race. Orcs are orcs, despite their differences in skin tone or hair style. Meanwhile, demons can be Succubi, Nathrezim, Felguards/Fel Lords, Doomguards, Satyrs, or numerous other things. They even added new demons in Legion and Argus. If demons were only represented by showing Eredar, then people would have demon fatigue more, then.

So, it's not really an equal comparison, when demons can be different visually, mechanically, and culturally than 90% of orcs. Also, raid bosses aren't even the way enemies are portrayed most often. There are quests, dungeons, and overall zones as well. Considering that, orcs showed up as a major enemy in every WoD zone (except Spires of Arak, where they had a more minor focus), whereas demons were shown in smaller pockets in most Legion zones spread among other enemies (Nightborne, Naga, Drogbar, etc). Orcs were also in most WoD dungeons, with Skyreach being one of the exceptions again, whereas in Legion there were dungeons focused entirely on the Naga, Drogbar, Nightborne, and Nightmare.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sick of demons so much as im sick of barren grey wastelands and fel green everywhere. Prior to WoD cementing demons=fel green, the various demon races had plenty of color and variety. Now its just boring.

Its probably going to be even worse when the void lord ball gets rolling and literally everything is purple.

Yes - the least interesting enemies in the game.

Good thing the legion is done and we're probably not going to see demons again, amirite? Pointless thread is pointless...

Deleted
    I'm not sick of daemons, no. But I find their designs lacking.

I'm sick of elves,wherever you go theres gay elves,shivers.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

I'm not sick of demons, but getting sick of Eredar. Remember when they appeared rarely because they were such massively powerful spellcasters? Then WoD came and suddenly every second demon is an Eredar.

I want to see more felhounds, succubi, shivara, doomguard...

Deleted
    Not equivalent orcs are one race demons are multiple races. Orcs vs Eredar you may have a point.

But i'm tired of legion aesthetic

If there was more after Legion, yes. But Legion being THE Demon expansion it is expected so I am cool with it. I am looking forward to new stuff though for sure.

No, I really enjoyed Legion and am disappointed with the direction of the new expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say if I'm gonna be honest. TBC was the first demon themed WoW expansion, then we had a bunch in WoD and now had Legion full of it... in a way we've had more demons than orcs. That being said:

The amount of races the orcs got: 1. The amount of races the demons got: A looooot more. If they were all Felguards or Eredar, then I'd probably be more sick of them than the orcs. That being said... At least we'll never get to see another demon themed expansion. But we'll still see a lot of orcs, no doubt. '.'

What about demon orcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Very much so.
    Won't be many in the next expansion though so no point in complainging about it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehujanne View Post
    Yeah I'm tired of demons. Also all the fel green scenery is starting to hurt my brain
    Agreed. Im looking forward to going back to Azeroth based enemies and design aesthetics in BfA.

was getting tired of fel after getting green fire in pandaria on my warlock
    after that, we had some fel in that last world quest zone in WoD
    and legion is a lot of fel

i get thats the theme of the current x pack, but im pretty over it

Think we're all sick of demons because of the current expansion.

We definitely could use a break from them. Looking forward to the faction conflict in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Think we're all sick of demons because of the current expansion.

We definitely could use a break from them. Looking forward to the faction conflict in BfA.
    I am pretty sure demons will return somehow. After all, as far as I know Sargeras is not killed only imprisoned.

Demons more easily manifest as 'evil entities' and can be present in whichever type of raid they make, whether troll, naga, orc, burning legion, corrupted whatever, etc. It's easy to pop a demon boss there and they can be several types of demons, there are literally dozens of possibilities ( https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demon )

Orcs, not as much. They belong only on their theme raids, and are, well, orcs.

Therefore, the number is so close with that big possibility gap that it just goes to show we got too many orcs whilst demons are more spread out, justifiable and in various types.

Also, your list has mistakes already pointed out. Xavius was a demon, for example.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-12-05 at 10:07 PM.

demons? nope. magic space ships? oh ya.