Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I wouldnt be so hasty to take them outside the picture overall.
    Sargeras' burning legion is gone but demons still are a formidable force and always attracted by arcane power. And we know that the surface of the planet will be flooding with it in the near future.
    And although they lack leadership we need to be fair : The titans had their 2 greatest warriors trying to keep them under control and not some random titanforged/celestials or w/e. And on top of that the whole bunch of titans and the most iconic demonhunter are out of the game for the time being.
    So although not a large scale invasion demons could still make formidable foes for 5 man content or small raid tiers.

Not to mention that KJ was killed suspiciously close to Argus and I don't know what planet we could see in the background during Archi mythic encounter (could be Argus or w/e dunno if something about it is confirmed or easily retconned).
    Last edited by mmoc0e2bb9485a; 2017-12-04 at 01:11 AM.

They are once again free to pursue their own devices, they won't be organized to wipe out all life but they will pop up again now and then, most likely as some kind of cult leader or simply to spread chaos and misery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chill with some Old Gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really curious about the Nathrezim. We know they are demons, but they prefer void magic.

They are no longer "The Burning Legion" they will splinter back into their fractious tribes and still be a threat but on nothing like the scale they were.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

I thought it would be really cool if they set up the legion as a 3rd playable faction but it would be a hell of a lot of work for the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I thought with Argus/Sarg gone the demons can no longer respawn
    According to the new lore, they've always been able to, but not very fast, in the twisting nether. Argus makes them revive much much faster.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Considering that the burning legion apparently transcends realities (silly...but canon...I guess), I know what *I* would do if I were some wayward Dreadlord out on some side mission and noticed what just happened. Head over to AU Azeroth. Pristine and untouched by the fires of war that made the Alliance so strong; hell made it exist at all. Probably make for a pretty fun playground too. I wonder if AU Azeroth also has a world soul.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Considering that the burning legion apparently transcends realities (silly...but canon...I guess), I know what *I* would do if I were some wayward Dreadlord out on some side mission and noticed what just happened. Head over to AU Azeroth. Pristine and untouched by the fires of war that made the Alliance so strong; hell made it exist at all. Probably make for a pretty fun playground too. I wonder if AU Azeroth also has a world soul.
    AU Azeroth does have a world soul, titans are not singular like the demons. In fact, what will happen is that another Sargeras will take the place of this one and things will go on as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    It wouldn't really work. They will still have to face the hardest challenge they have in the main universe: that it takes an extremely high amount of energy to create a portal to summon any demon that matters over. Not to mention that, what about the Titans? Do the Legion kill them in every universes? Or they, more likely, simple did it in our universe and leave the others untouched? If the Titans were untouched, any demon short of Sargeras would have a really hard time to do any serious damage to Azeroth. The Legion, as much as they want to brag about it, isn't really infinite. They have limited (albeit large) amount of human (well, demon) resources to work with. Better focus on one universe rather than spreading their forces thin.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-12-06 at 01:33 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ40 View Post
    I am not so "lore-savy', but without Sargeras, what happens to the demons now, lorewise? Will they continue conquer worlds, but without Sargeras?
    like exactly what happened with the scourge after Arthas fall, will be a far smaller threat, a patch of demons here and there under leadership of some 'strong' figures, but their overall danger ? it is broken, they won't threat an actual invasion to Azeroth as we saw in wc3 (i'd say as we saw in wow, but they failed in every try in wow era)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Without their master's command, the restless Legion will become an even greater threat to this world!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    I wouldnt be so hasty to take them outside the picture overall.
    Sargeras' burning legion is gone but demons still are a formidable force and always attracted by arcane power. And we know that the surface of the planet will be flooding with it in the near future.
    And although they lack leadership we need to be fair : The titans had their 2 greatest warriors trying to keep them under control and not some random titanforged/celestials or w/e. And on top of that the whole bunch of titans and the most iconic demonhunter are out of the game for the time being.
    So although not a large scale invasion demons could still make formidable foes for 5 man content or small raid tiers.

Not to mention that KJ was killed suspiciously close to Argus and I don't know what planet we could see in the background during Archi mythic encounter (could be Argus or w/e dunno if something about it is confirmed or easily retconned).
    We've still got a dreadlord with a bone to pick with the Lich King from WotLK, I'd be interested to see him and Bolvar come to blows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    They will try and find new low level warlocks to form a pact with.
    Our Order Hall is currently recruiting! Join the Simmering Squad today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    They do the thing like in Avengers, all just die randomly with no explanation.

Nah demons are still out there. Plotting, scheming. They just lost their power, base of command, and all their Lieutenants for now anyway. They have no single minded goal to hold them back or drive them forward.
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2017-12-06 at 03:05 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It wouldn't really work. They will still have to face the hardest challenge they have in the main universe: that it takes an extremely high amount of energy to create a portal to summon any demon that matters over. Not to mention that, what about the Titans? Do the Legion kill them in every universes? Or they, more likely, simple did it in our universe and leave the others untouched? If the Titans were untouched, any demon short of Sargeras would have a really hard time to do any serious damage to Azeroth. The Legion, as much as they want to brag about it, isn't really infinite. They have limited (albeit large) amount of human (well, demon) resources to work with. Better focus on one universe rather than spreading their forces thin.
    Oh I wouldn't go and launch some crazy crusade to exterminate life. Like you said, that'd be a surefire way to attract either the pantheon or any number of enemies and without Argus, dying would be a bit more....unpleasant. Nah, I would go much more small scale; maybe start by killing a nations leader and taking their place, just for fun. Maybe try and see what an Azeroth that is dominated by Alterac looked like. I mean, like you said, I wouldn't exactly have the resources for large scale conquest, so this would really just be about having fun in a way that doesn't get me offed, shipped to Mardum 2.0, or worse- made into some warlocks pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venarik View Post
    Can't wait for some remaining group of demons to become allied races down the road
    Yes! I want to play a Man'ari/Eredar! (This would be the most likely one as the Draenei are already playable and perhaps Velen takes in the Man'ari that has renouced the Legion. There's already a friendly Man'ari in the Dalaran sewers.

Quote Originally Posted by AQ40 View Post
    I am not so "lore-savy', but without Sargeras, what happens to the demons now, lorewise? Will they continue conquer worlds, but without Sargeras?
    Anything Blizzard will want, there's no plan or consistency. After WoD we were said that Alliance is now a uperpower after rebellion within Horde. Nothing like that exists in Legion and in BfA both faction will be on par with each other.

We knew that demons revived in Twisting Nether. In Legion they are suddenly revived at the core of Argus. What?

Same thing with demons - in Illidan book which came out just before Legion, Illidan wanted to kill Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde at Argus because without them demons will be at disarray and Burning Crusade will halt because of infighting. All this was completely scrapped in Legion, death of leaders has no effect on anyone and Sargeras is suddenly on Argus along with new Titan.

Blizzard can even hint something and abandon it later like with Kolithra.

Do don't make any extrapolations or predictions, there's little rhyme and reason to Blizzard's lore, it's all made up as they go for their convenience. Their next expansion might be about invasion of newly emerged demon leader who just wants revenge for destruction of Burning Legion. Demons might not appear ever again. We'll never know

Probably the same thing that happened to the hordes of undead after wrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    We knew that demons revived in Twisting Nether. In Legion they are suddenly revived at the core of Argus. What?
    They still respawn in the Twisting Nether. Sargeras just used Argus to make the process faster.