The expansion is alright from what I've seen, definitely better than Dark Below. Though we'll have to see how the Raid lair works out.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    You have three options: go in and explore mostly empty floating vex platforms full of cabal, hive or fallen. Thats it.

Oh and it gets worse the more people explore. The two missions with very easy bosses? they ARE the new strikes. All of them. And heroics are just more health and damage, no modifiers like D1.

The reddits tallying it up and it looks like the most new models/items is in the new eververse illustrious engrams.

Imagine that.
    damn i loved first destiny, i admit i played it with all 4 updates released, but it was fun.
    How i miss SRL.

So destiny 2 happened for pc, i didnt really complained even if i would like to, i really hoped they are learning and will fix add everything. But reading this really makes me sad, not angry but sad...

They dont need to invent anything, they dont need new inovvations, just bring stuff back from first game ....

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Considering that's all DLC content...no duh?
    Considering the base game totally bombed after release with its flawed loot system and boring activities, they could have done "something". In the end they added no reason to log in and even removed old content (prestige raid) for no reason at all as they just changed the entry power level and not the difficulty.

Lets see if the active player count can get even lower after the 78% (source destiny tracker) drop. A little positive bump with the DLC for sure, but the band aid will wear off insanely fast.

Clan season ended, had to get a new clan banner from Hawthorn which unfortunately means clan levels were reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Clan season ended, had to get a new clan banner from Hawthorn which unfortunately means clan levels were reset.
    Shouldn't be too much of an issue. My clan is already Rank 2.

- - - Updated - - -

For all you Crucible lovers. Apparently Prometheus Lens is incredibly OP right now. If you are lucky enough to get it, get into some PvP matches and enjoy yourselves before it is nerfed into the ground.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

and it keeps getting shittier. If you didnt buy it not only are you locked out heroic strikes but the nightfall as well. So unless you want to buy a season pass D2 is now a public event farming game for you.

I think they really fucked themselves over with this one. The game already has a bad rep and retention levels are staggeringly low so close to its launch and the reddit and every fansite is nothing but the term "rip off" over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

For all you Crucible lovers. Apparently Prometheus Lens is incredibly OP right now. If you are lucky enough to get it, get into some PvP matches and enjoy yourselves before it is nerfed into the ground.
    Haha i've seen some videos and it's hilarious. Maybe the only way someone like me can play PvP well.

They should just make a mode where everyone has that equipped with current power and call it "instagib". I would play the hell out of it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Haha i've seen some videos and it's hilarious. Maybe the only way someone like me can play PvP well.

They should just make a mode where everyone has that equipped with current power and call it "instagib". I would play the hell out of it.
    Ghost Busters mode!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    and it keeps getting shittier. If you didnt buy it not only are you locked out heroic strikes but the nightfall as well. So unless you want to buy a season pass D2 is now a public event farming game for you.
    So like I said early on they are repeating the same bullshit they did in Destiny 1.

Each time a new DLC comes out you lose content you use to be able to do. Why am I not surprised to be honest, I said before this is what would happen.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

From what my friends are telling me I'm kind of glad I didn't get Curse of Osiris.

Just sounds really subpar from what I've seen/been told.

Plus the second raid is just lazily designed. It should not just be another wing of the Leviathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm kind of glad I didn't get Curse of Osiris.
    That is the entire problem with gamers nowdays and especially here in the forum. Sane people like you that actually wait with buying DLC/Season Passes and look at what it offers are just way too low. Why should Bungie even bother to fix the game when everyone instantly buys the DLC when it fixes nothing? They could have easily delayed the DLC and tried to band aid some concerns, but again why bother. The money flows. Well have fun with your week of content and broken endgame till the next DLC cycle when everything repeats itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    That is the entire problem with gamers nowdays and especially here in the forum. Sane people like you that actually wait with buying DLC/Season Passes and look at what it offers are just way too low. Why should Bungie even bother to fix the game when everyone instantly buys the DLC when it fixes nothing? They could have easily delayed the DLC and tried to band aid some concerns, but again why bother. The money flows. Well have fun with your week of content and broken endgame till the next DLC cycle when everything repeats itself.
    Actually, there are fixes that both came yesterday or that will come 12 december.

So your rant is kinda invalid.

I do buy DLC and Season Passes.

I just make sure I want it.

I bought the Borderlands 2 Season Pass for example and I can definitely say I got my moneys worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Actually, there are fixes that both came yesterday or that will come 12 december.

So your rant is kinda invalid.
    Have you even read what is coming? I did and it won't fix anything. Maybe later patches but the stuff in the blog post were nothing but warm words. One random stat on masterwork weapons is no replacement of random perks on legendaries. The whole token system is heavily flawed. What exact changes will keep you in the game?

I actually greatly enjoy the game as it is. Can someone maybe point out, why so many people seem to hate the game this much?

The DLC didn't really change much at all. It's still the same endgame as it was on monday, except there's a few more weapons and armor to get, and they added a strike milestone. If you want destiny to be your hobby don't expect any game changers from this DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I actually greatly enjoy the game as it is. Can someone maybe point out, why so many people seem to hate the game this much?
    Not to come off as a ass so don't take it that way but is Destiny 2 ur first time playing Destiny at all?

If so that is a big reason why lots like myself are annoyed, We have been down this road and we know where it leads and we know how we got here.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-12-06 at 05:45 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you even read what is coming? I did and it won't fix anything. Maybe later patches but the stuff in the blog post were nothing but warm words. One random stat on masterwork weapons is no replacement of random perks on legendaries. The whole token system is heavily flawed. What exact changes will keep you in the game?
    To address the points you brought up;

A lot of us consider randomized perks on legendaries to be a negative, not a positive. The Masterwork system feels like an ideal middle ground, to me; I felt existing legendaries were a bit too "simple", so an extra modifier is great, and the randomization and capacity to reroll it means you can get the random mod you want. It should help cut down the gun meta focusing on a handful of weapons, since you can (I assume) get that "god perk" on other weapons of that class now. I played The Division a fair bit, and it has the kind of totally random perks you're talking about, and gearing there feels frustrating, particularly as a more-casual player.

Not sure what you think is "heavily flawed" about the token system, but they're tuning it with CoO, so that's sort of a non-point, really.

Other changes that are in or coming on the 12th that fix issues that we've had for a while;

[list][*]Retuning grenades, to nerf Pulse grenades and buff most(all?) the others[*]Buffs to lower Recovery values, changes to Hunter leg gearing to allow for more Recovery (Hunters were suffering there)[*]Weapon buffs/nerfs to make the meta less clearcut[*]Exotic armor buffs to make some options more appealing[*]Buffs to rewards from PvP/Strikes, tweaks to rewards from Public Events[*]Buying specific faction items for tokens

Those are all things I'm looking forward to. Over and above the new content. Am I totally happy with everything? Nah. The Infinite Forest isn't what I hoped; I was hoping for randomly-generated maps of actual terrain, not an obstacle course of floating Vex tiles. And it's tied to Adventures, not just farmable as much as you like. Mercury, as packed as it is, is small, and without that kind of randomized stuff to add to it, I'm irked. But it's not gonna make me quit, or rage about anything. It just means I still see room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not to come off as a ass so don't take it that way but is Destiny 2 ur first time playing Destiny at all?

If so that is a big reason why lots like myself are annoyed, We have been down this road and we know where it leads and we know how we got here.
    It is my first Destiny. Grabbed it off of the black friday deal. I read it differs greatly from destiny 1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    It is my first Destiny. Grabbed it off of the black friday deal. I read it differs greatly from destiny 1 though.
    Yeah thats it then. D2 is okay, but for some reason it threw out a lot of fixes and improvements Destiny 1 made over 3 years and in its place theres just more cash shop stuff. Its not the worst game ever its just a step backwards from Rise of Iron.