How to create a raiding guild with heroic and normal mode Puggable?

anyone feel the same problem ?

me and few friends wanted to invite more ppl to start clearing normal mode and slowly go hc and later mythic..

but sadly its all puggable now and to be honest i feel no one needs a guild now, is this over? no need for guilds?

and how would u recruit for ur guild if ur in this position?

cheers

The guild i am in now recruited me off of open raid about 4 years ago, you can do a bunch of recruiting on the forums/reddit/mmo champ but I will say it is super hard to get a good core and make progression. I dont think the need for guilds is over at all.

Creating a guild for Heroic is like putting on a suit to work the counter at McDonald's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

For people like tss, it's all about just doing the raid when they want to do the raid. Other people enjoy raiding in at least some part because they genuinely like the people they're raiding with. That's where guilds fit.

People say that, but I honestly don't expect any pugs to actually clear heroic this early.

The guild is more about having a schedule and raiding with the same group of people. Pugs are generally less fun for me because it's all strangers that I don't care about. My guild is not social at all (we even joke that we will kick recruits for saying grats on guild chat), but I stil have more fun playing with guildmates.

Guilds are a lot more necessary for mythic because of the 20-man raid size that doesn't allow people from other servers to enter. So recruiting for non-mythic raiding will generally result in players that aren't very good and it will take a lot of time to fill a mythic roster when you don't have mythic progress to show off. You just have to be decisive at kicking people who you don't like or are too bad at the game. People who like your schedule and your level of progress will be interested in joining.

Sure you can pug but a lot of people actually like the social side of a guild and playing/having fun with people you know.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    People say that, but I honestly don't expect any pugs to actually clear heroic this early.
    I very easily pugged heroic in the first few days. But that's more down to how easy this tier is on heroic. (Sadly Easy)

But I have a raiding guild and we do mythic prog but for the longest time we did heroic. To us it's about the social aspect of it, we are a bunch of friends killing sh@t together having a ball in the process.

There are still Mythic raiding or social guilds. Normal/heroic guilds are social guilds, really. Mythic is a different beast, mostly because of the fixed 20man size of the raid.

Depending on how many core players you have, I would try merging with another guild or making a group application to a larger structure.

Deleted
    Communicate properly and let everybody know that the Guild ambition is to move into Mythic raiding. You'll find that people who are used to pugging will happily stick around for a few weeks, even months if they know that Mythic is eventually on the table - providing they see progress in which with regards to Guild activity and recruitment.

We transitioned from HC only to Mythic about 1/3rd of the way through ToS but it was a work in progress from Mid-NH. We had some quality players which were very patient with us, and some not-so quality players which we've gradually displaced over the months.

We found during ToS that every Mythic kill we scored opened up a new wave of recruitment opportunity. Even just getting Goroth down was enough to entice people who PuG'd HC each week and previously had no "need" for a Guild, and the bigger scalps such as Mistress opened up options from people at a similar level of gear/experience to us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depending on what you have already in the guild, you can easily pug/recruit more members. If you queue up in the group finder with 8 dps and 1 healer, you're probably going to be waiting a while to find those tanks and extra heals, but if you have more people in your guild that can tank or heal, you'll find the group finder fills up fast for you. If you lead the raid well, you'll get people asking to join your raid/guild. I'm a team leader for one of my guild's raid teams. I ran my first day last night. I received whispers from 6 people yesterday during raid time asking to join my raid and be a permanent part of the team (these particular people weren't currently raiding with me). After raid, I received another whisper from someone I had done a bunch of mythic+ with on Monday that wants to join our team as well. They were a really solid healer, so that last person is coming to raid today and might join on a permanent basis.

Make your guild/raid something that people WANT to join. There are dozens of crappy groups on the raid finder that people can join. Research the fights. Be clear with your instructions. Address people who fuck up in a fair and even tone and if they continue to hold the raid back, remove them and tell them calmly why they need to be removed. Basically, don't be a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Depending on what you have already in the guild, you can easily pug/recruit more members. If you queue up in the group finder with 8 dps and 1 healer, you're probably going to be waiting a while to find those tanks and extra heals, but if you have more people in your guild that can tank or heal, you'll find the group finder fills up fast for you. If you lead the raid well, you'll get people asking to join your raid/guild. I'm a team leader for one of my guild's raid teams. I ran my first day last night. I received whispers from 6 people yesterday during raid time asking to join my raid and be a permanent part of the team (these particular people weren't currently raiding with me). After raid, I received another whisper from someone I had done a bunch of mythic+ with on Monday that wants to join our team as well. They were a really solid healer, so that last person is coming to raid today and might join on a permanent basis.

Make your guild/raid something that people WANT to join. There are dozens of crappy groups on the raid finder that people can join. Research the fights. Be clear with your instructions. Address people who fuck up in a fair and even tone and if they continue to hold the raid back, remove them and tell them calmly why they need to be removed. Basically, don't be a dick.
    Well put and great advice. This is also effected by the server that you play on. There are a small number of servers in the game that hold a vast majority of the quality mythic raiders. On a smaller or less progressed server finding mythic capable raiders or even people interested in mythic raiding can be a huge task.

Over the last 5 years on my server, we have seen more and more people transfer to the more populated servers to find new raiding guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Creating a guild for Heroic is like putting on a suit to work the counter at McDonald's.
    lol fuck,. hes deddddddd.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrek View Post
    anyone feel the same problem ?

me and few friends wanted to invite more ppl to start clearing normal mode and slowly go hc and later mythic..

but sadly its all puggable now and to be honest i feel no one needs a guild now, is this over? no need for guilds?

and how would u recruit for ur guild if ur in this position?

cheers
    the answear is simple - you dont - era of mmorpgs with guilds is over - current playerbase do not want to be constriceted by old outdated models of raiding on set schedule - lobby based grouping is future that nobody can stop - since thats what most people consider fun .

Antorus will be most succesfull raid of expansion due to how accesible (easy) it will be to pug.

and its a good thing - time to remove mythic from game as its bringing nothing but toxicity to game - futere is normal and hc easy to pug via group finder .

and in before people will laugh - blizzard see it themselves - thats why we see 2 things coming to game at the same time - relatively easy raid and very efficient tool for cross realm "bonding" - thats the future of wow - just wait BfA will prove it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Sure you can pug but a lot of people actually like the social side of a guild and playing/having fun with people you know.
    but why do you associate social side of guild with raiding - you can have nice social guild and pug outside of it - nothing can force people to raid in set schedule together it has to be their choice - and people are clearly refusing to do it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

and its a good thing - time to remove mythic from game as its bringing nothing but toxicity to game - futere is normal and hc easy to pug via group finder .
    If anything Groupfinder is the main source of most toxicity in the game since it was introduced, you will find alot more toxic players in groupfinder pugs than anywhere else in the game.