Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katniss68 View Post
    HoF Day 1, Nov 9th 2012 - 5 bosses killed oh heroic.
    Heart of Fear heroic mode was opened on November 6th (USA) and November 7th (EU).

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfo View Post
    And so? It doesnt matter for pleb guilds.
    Because that is not what is being argued. The point that is being made is that Antorus is looking to be relatively easy compared to most raids Blizzard has made and especially since this is the last raid of the expansion, it is fairly unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    I would wait and see how fast lesser guilds clear the place for a real indication of how the raid is tuned. I'm thinking the top guys are just more prepared.
    That's comparing incomparable.

1) The target ilvl tuning. Most top guild raiders started off in about 952-960 average item level, no Argus trinkets on the complete majority or otherwise bis trinkets. Average Joe mythic raider will have about 960-965 gear, likely with Argus trinket, likely upgraded 3-4 times.

2) Preparation. You don't need any preparation until Imonar. Kin'garoth requires some preparation, but even with little, as we have seen from Future, it can go down quite fast. Varimathras - lol. Coven does heavily favor all ranged comp, but with ironed out play, melee will be seen on the fight soon. Aggramar will get significantly easier once videos are available, but many guilds will probably struggle to find the right comp. Argus remains unknown.

3) Personal play. Of course it will take average guilds longer to clear the place when they have players that cause wipes due to dying to stupid shit. Dying to falling behind on something or improper healing cooldown usage is fine, dying to being stupid is not. Videos help here a great deal too, because you already know where the cooldowns are needed.

So yeah, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Has Method or Exorsus done heroic splits yet? I know Limit was doing them yesterday.
    I guarantee neither guild is gonna do them until they see a secret phase or hit a brick wall, so when they finally start doing them it'll be a good indicator that they made good progress on Argus. All that of course with that in mind that Argus is at least Gul'Dan-difficulty level fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyfo View Post
    And so? It doesnt matter for pleb guilds.
    Any guild capable of clearing content while relevant are going to clear 10/11 pretty fast (or at least 9/11).

Top guilds spending a few hours or less on a boss usually translates to a day or so of progress to kill for these guilds. With aggramar maybe taking an entire raid week or two to down.

Overall I expect guilds to clear this raid very quickly.
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2017-12-07 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    Heart of Fear heroic mode was opened on November 6th (USA) and November 7th (EU).
    And Zor'lok wasn't even killed on Day 1 as it was insanely hard due to his dance, thus tons of top guilds cried, thus leading to a massive nerf

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Exorsus 10/11!

lmao, they whipped out their rogues again - 5..

7+ Year Old Account
    Remember when we look back at bosses lasting 30,58,74, and 87 days...

There has not been the amount of alt accounts/toons and split runs in the past. I'm long since retired from hardcore raiding but we sure as hell didn't have multiple accounts purchased and a bench as deep as these "top guilds" have now. Heck back then my priest alone was valued at +$1,000 USD. ( I looked back in the day, and that was lowish)

Let's see how guilds that have 20-30 toons at 74-75 traits are fairing a week from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post

There has not been the amount of alt accounts/toons and split runs in the past. I'm long since retired from hardcore raiding but we sure as hell didn't have multiple accounts purchased and a bench as deep as these "top guilds" have now. Heck back then my priest alone was valued at +$1,000 USD. ( I looked back in the day, and that was lowish)

Let's see how guilds that have 20-30 toons at 74-75 traits are fairing a week from now.
    Bosses lasting for months. Man I would like to see if Method is capable to clear Naxx 40 in Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by sjuk View Post
    lmao, they whipped out their rogues again - 5..
    My guess is that 5-7 is just the right number of targets for Empowered Flame Rend not to trigger Burning Rage or that you can cloak the 500% damage taken increase from the hit, allowing you to soak gain next time.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Bosses lasting for months. Man I would like to see if Method is capable to clear Naxx 40 in Classic WoW.
    What the hell? Method cleared naxxramas in vanilla and Sco was GM back then as well. They were top 25 or something.

Deleted
    99% of all mythic raiders would never ever experience pre-nerf bosses anyway. Good thing this raid is tuned for 99% of the mythic raiders instead of creating a separate temporary mythic pre-nerf difficulty only relevant to method and friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    If you put today's method team in any Vanilla raid - They would clear it in one day (assuming they had the gear and attunements)

If you put the past's top raiders from Vanilla in Antorus - They wouldn't even be able to clear Heroic in 1 week

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    And thats the problem.
    They get so much info from that ONE HOUR or less from testing an boss, immense edge over other guilds, cant even quantify the amount of edge mythic PTR testing gives.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Gosh Aggramar is such a push-over. Got one shot by Sargeras, and even the empty husk of his fallen avatar was way harder than him.
    So much for titan hype. The titans are weaklings and only Sargeras is strong.
    lulz Sargeras strong... got owned by some flashlight from dead ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    Mythic came with WoD

I think Highmaul went down quite quickly.

Edit: 3 days till clear 5/7 in 1 day
    Yes, my bad, my brain thought WoD but my fingers typed Cataclysm...

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I've killed you 4 times now, every time you've given me nothing but the damn +5 item level thing for the trinket that YOU WON'T GEIF
    *Yawns*

You think this is bad, try being tormented for 25k Years for the Master's Crusade. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Exorsus just downed Aggramar.
    Superb!!

(On to Argus!)

lol 10 of 11 bosses down day one for two guilds

Great game ya got Blizz

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    If you put today's method team in any Vanilla raid - They would clear it in one day (assuming they had the gear and attunements)

If you put the past's top raiders from Vanilla in Antorus - They wouldn't even be able to clear Heroic in 1 week
    I'm not getting into a vanilla TBC vrs now with 4 levels of difficulty, bonus rolls, trading gear and tiny raid size, or the one edge might be buying gold to get elixers/pots/resist gear for 40 raiders.

different game, that and the fights have already been figured out for them. different world. different game.

I'm more curious how those front page topish guilds without lots of accounts alts and not doing 6+ split runs will fair.
    Last edited by Dsc; 2017-12-07 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Superb!!

(On to Argus!)
    Just end my misery. D:

No, serious, I look like a Smurf.