Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PPHH View Post
    First of you are complaining about something that’s not even out yet. You whine just to whine. Haven’t played for 3 expansions yet is still commenting and whining. How about plying the game and THEN commenting? I don’t bitch about a game I don’t play. Post something useful instead of going down the same road as all the other cry-what you call them?- children.
    Lol, of course its not out yet. Are you in the habit of purhasing things before you determine if you will enjoy them?

Plus, the new reskins have already been revealed in depth. I dont have to play the game to see that Tauren with moose antlers and Draenei with yellow tattoos are complete and utter cope outs.

I'm pretty sure Blizz is just in the final stages of WoW, where they know their numbers are at the lowest point they've ever been. So they're just throwing shit in for the players who actually still sub, knowing it wont matter much anymore. That's why Classic was announced. That's why they're putting elves in everywhere.

I predict BfA may be the last or nearly last expansion. It feels like a big reset meant to wrap up some story lines. WoW 2 will be announced soon.

Im usually right about this stuff. I successfully predicted both Pandaria and WoD expansions. I think i just have a knack for looking at things more objectively than most you nerds who are so attached to your characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    If a forum name is any indication, shouldn't you be roaming your ass out of here any time now then?

OT: First off, linking a video of a shit private server that shows no actual gameplay footage other than a couple basic models of alternate races means pretty much nothing. Also, you may want to consider that those sorts of things are against the rules here. That stuff being said, people have been asking for subraces (or as Blizzard is going to refer to them, allied races) for literally over a decade. Since we found the Mag'har orcs in BC, people have bitched and moaned for this. Blizzard finally gives players what they've been asking for after all these years and your first response is to bitch that we're not getting new races instead? Piss off. Look at your list of races overall:

• Ogres: Yes, a very traditional and wanted race. However, there aren't any decent models for female ogres. There's also the matter of one or two heads, how that would affect helm and shoulder items showing on your character, and the fact that they basically have no decent homeland or noteworthy lore character to really lead them. Sure, we can shoehorn in some bullshit lore but then you piss off an entirely separate crowd.
    • Furbolgs: Again, something requested from long ago. But armor on them? How exactly does that work? After you armor one up, it's basically just a stubby ass worgen and you may as well say your dwarf was bitten by a worgen and cursed.
    • Murlocs: You want to take one of the most iconic enemy mobs of the entire game (especially terrifying for vanilla players who leveled in Elwynn Forest) and turn it into a playable race? Who do they ally with and why? Where is there home? Who's their leader? None of this makes sense.
    • Quilboar: I guess this would be an Alliance race somehow because they hate the shit out of the Tauren, but where the hell do you pull that lore from? Again, no notable lore leader and their home is basically RFD/RFK which are dungeons.
    • Tuskar: Who do they join? Who's the leader? They're up in Northrend but unless they start at 60+ then they can't even leave their own leveling zone without becoming mob food unless they're somehow mystically teleported to another continent upon finishing their initial leveling experience, and I have to imagine that anyone brave enough to roam around PvP flagged whether on purpose or by accident is at a significant risk of being ganked by someone leveling from 60-80 through the scaling leveling tech while they just fly by.
    • Naga: First off, boot equipping/animations. Second off, who the hell do they ally with? They're tainted by the Old Gods influence and were previously allied with the Burning Legion when they were still Night Elves. They certainly won't go Alliance because the Night Elves wouldn't allow their former leaders who were allied with the Legion at first to just hop back into the fold, and the Horde is wary enough about Legion corruption after the orcs' story of corruption and redemption. So no faction is going to want them after they've been an iconic enemy for over a decade of us playing the game, their equipment animations with boots, helms, and pants would be an issue that would take significant work, and it just doesn't make sense. Their leader lore-wise would be Queen Azshara, who is known to be allied with N'zoth and actively seeking to stop us by taking the Tidestone. There's no way to make her a faction leader without retconning basically all of the game's lore as we know it.
    • Wolvar: Again, why? Who are they joining? Where's their home? Who's the leader? They just don't really make much sense, and again with equipment. They'd turn into short ass worgen.
    • Centaur: Another iconic enemy from Vanilla, this time the Horde equivalent of the Murloc. Another one where putting items on them makes no sense. 4 boots? How do pants work? Ever seen that meme about "how would a dog wear pants?" before? Yeah, that's a conundrum.
    • Dragonkin: Why the hell would they join either faction? It just makes no sense from a lore standpoint. Nevermind the whole "age or mortals" thing now from Dragon Soul where the dragons are trying to step out of our conflicts, let's consider the same thing as centaurs: pants. How they gonna toss em on? And again, what faction would they join? Unless you're advocating for like 10 more cross-faction races like Pandaren already are, it's going to be a disaster. In addition to this, what color dragonkin? Do you suddenly have to add in....*gasp*....allied races to make a new race work to begin with? All the dragons have different abilities, so you can just make them any color you want.
    • Kobolds: Who the hell wants to play a goddamn Kobold? They're also an iconic enemy for starting players in Elwynn Forest similar to Murlocs. And look at it this way: why the hell would one ever want to wear a helmet when they've already got their glorious candle? YOU NO TAKE CANDLE.
    • Gnolls: Again, who would want to? And what faction? The humans would refuse them because of their assaults on Stormwind, their only notable loreworthy characters are Hogger and Meatball, and Hogger is dead AF twice over from original quests and as a dungeon boss. Meatball is neutral and a helper of ours through multiple conflicts, but same issue as Wolvar and Furbolgs: basically just a stubby worgen once you put armor on it.
    • Silithid/Nerubians: Here, I'll get you the picture: https://i.imgur.com/qaeO8dO.jpg
    • Arrakoa: Which ones? Corrupted by the curse of Sethe or the uncorrupted ones that were basically total assholes to us for WoD who shouldn't exist in our universe and only in the AU? If the corrupted ones from BC, okay sure. Now show me how a helmet fits on their head without looking ridiculous. Show me solid melee animations for their crippled wing-arm-things that aren't the cheesy ass animations we get from toys. Show me boots on their feet and pants on them.
    • Ethereals: Only legitimate one really on the list to be honest, outside maybe ogres. But ethereals have always been that mysterious magical guy behind the curtain, making them playable would really kill off that mystery vibe they got going on. Would be a fun starting experience for them if their planet before it's corruption and potential destruction was available.
    I imagine furbolgs could easily be given a model that utilizes the pandaren skeleton/animations.The two have been portrayed as anatomically similar in past art.

As for ogres, it's not like a female model couldn't be made, considering we already have a clue as to what they look like.

As for two-headed ogres, I really don't think they're really necessary, I know many would like to play an ogre Magi, but honestly I would be cool to rolling a regular one-headed ogre.

They could be led by Rexxar, Tharg or Orhan Ogreblade. Alternatively, considering it's still technically possible to travel to AU Draenei, Blizzard could have one of the Gorian exiles like Tormmok travel to Azeroth and take up the mantle of Stonemaul Chieftain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    These arent new playable races. They're reskins of existing races. It is laziness in the extreme.

These are things that used to be released in cosmetic patches. New hairs. Tattoos. Im surprised at how many of you are swallowing it.

This whole expansion reaks of laziness/out of ideas. The BfA premise is basically the same as we've seen in Vanilla.
    Yeah. And we're getting six of them.

Shut up an stop whinging.

> The playerbase have been asking sub races for years
    > Blizzard give them allied races who are much wider in concept to sub races
    > People whine about it anyways

Ah, the good old WoW community. Never fails expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    Almost all the races you suggested are awful. If they ever do start making gnolls, wolvar and kobolds playable, that'd actually be when they've run out of ideas.
    because more elves that are literally identical in almost every single way to currently playable elves is an original idea?

Lol, of course its not out yet. Are you in the habit of purhasing things before you determine if you will enjoy them?

Plus, the new reskins have already been revealed in depth. I dont have to play the game to see that Tauren with moose antlers and Draenei with yellow tattoos are complete and utter cope outs.

I'm pretty sure Blizz is just in the final stages of WoW, where they know their numbers are at the lowest point they've ever been. So they're just throwing shit in for the players who actually still sub, knowing it wont matter much anymore. That's why Classic was announced. That's why they're putting elves in everywhere.

I predict BfA may be the last or nearly last expansion. It feels like a big reset meant to wrap up some story lines. WoW 2 will be announced soon.

Im usually right about this stuff. I successfully predicted both Pandaria and WoD expansions. I think i just have a knack for looking at things more objectively than most you nerds who are so attached to your characters.
    Someone should get this man an award or even better a tinfoil hat. He is obviously a wizard. Of course you can’t judge a game you don’t play. I don’t play Heartstone, Diablo, Call of Duty or even FIFA. Do I complain about those games? No I keep my pie hole shut because I know nothing about those games. You don’t play the game therefore your opinion is not worth two cents.
    You keep throwing “you are a nerd lol” around, yet you seem like the bigger “nerd”concerning yourself with a game you don’t even play and spending time bickering about something many people have wished for for a long time.

Play the game and your opinion is valid.

Go play on that private server then.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    People have been asking for "subraces" for years now. "Allied races" is basically just that.
    but they aren't
    We asked more customization for our races, not entire new lvling races with different racials and different classes, which is another way to sell boosts
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

No.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    but they aren't
    We asked more customization for our races, not entire new lvling races with different racials and different classes, which is another way to sell boosts
    There's also more customizaton coming to existing races.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

lightforged draenei are pretty lazy as a concept. they are just better draenei. same for highmountain tauren to some extent but at least they got fleshed out.

subraces are fine though i wouldnt have expected them to have as much effort as new regular races

the laziness in bfa is everywhere else though

Deleted
    It's just funny that people have been asking for specific subraces for years and they come up with completely different ones.

Deleted
    As it was mentioned here before I like the idea of subraces, but hate the way they implement them.
    Esepcially the once we don't know of yet and will probably come late into the expansion.
    With all other expansion you could at least enjoy the whole content from the start with the new race.
    Now you have to wait till they release them, then probably have to do a quest that maybe even requires you to be at some advanced point at the story.
    So you have to progress to throw that progression away if you want to play any of the new races.
    Or probably what they want, you buy a race change, boost or the new XP Potions. Ka-ching for Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekka View Post
    As it was mentioned here before I like the idea of subraces, but hate the way they implement them.
    Esepcially the once we don't know of yet and will probably come late into the expansion.
    With all other expansion you could at least enjoy the whole content from the start with the new race.
    Now you have to wait till they release them, then probably have to do a quest that maybe even requires you to be at some advanced point at the story.
    So you have to progress to throw that progression away if you want to play any of the new races.
    Or probably what they want, you buy a race change, boost or the new XP Potions. Ka-ching for Blizzard.
    You're legit the first person I've seen actually whine about Blizz not giving you everything right away come BfA.

"Aww man, I have to play to unlock new content" get a load of this guy. Did you also bitch about having to unlock your artifact weapons in Legion?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octagonecologyst View Post
    You're legit the first person I've seen actually whine about Blizz not giving you everything right away come BfA.

"Aww man, I have to play to unlock new content" get a load of this guy. Did you also bitch about having to unlock your artifact weapons in Legion?
    when did we had to play to unlock new races? its bullshit, i don't care at all, but is a valid point to argue on

Quote Originally Posted by Octagonecologyst View Post

Thats hilarious. A - skins are not content and B- unlocking something so you can reroll using a new skin for 100 levels is not the same as here is a 25 min quest chain for a weapon

Any 1 of these races would be more interesting than what's being given. I kind of feel like Blizz is just fizzling out of steam. They need a big reset with WoW 2.
    just to make this completely clear: There will never be a wow 2 and no reset. Both will leave them with nothing. They will not do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try not call something lazy if you don't like it.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

7+ Year Old Account
    The title is already wrong. It is not races but sub-races. There is a difference and it will explain why they lack when compared to completly new races.

But really, 6 new sub-races is actually just as if not more excting then a new race.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Try not call something lazy if you don't like it.
    Just because you like something doesnt mean you cant try to see it from someone else's point of veiw. I mean all these people are defending skins. These are literally skins. Akin to cardbacks in hearthstone
    And yet all i see is people going nuts for skins... Smdh