Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am glad Celestalon is gone.

While class design is obviously a responsibility of more than one guy, Celestalon has nearly nothing good to show for his time being on that team. The design was overall pretty bad and it was frequently getting worse, not better. His net total contribution seems to be either zero or even negative, that's terrible. And he was very, very, very arrogant.

Celestalon is more or less like Holinka, just in another area. Yeah, yeah, you can't pin it all onto one man, bla bla bla, whatever. But that one man was making it worse, not better, he was (a big) part of the problem. So, begone, no tears shed. You can ruin HS now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Celestalon was a fucking joke, and I will never forget him shit posting in the monk beta thread telling all the top brewmasters they had no idea how to play the spec.
    That thread was classic and showed just how distant the devs are to their games and their core audience.
    Many of the systems and mechanics implemented with Celestalon in charge have been extremely over-engineered, needlessly complicated and mostly things none of the playerbase wanted.

This got even worse when Ion was put to charge, because they're birds of feather - and thus Legion, Titanforging, RNG, AP scaling, Crucible were born - the worst systems ever implemented in WoW.

I don't think much will change, Ion will see that this mess of a design is carried onwards. I just wish one of the original devs would come back and focus on gameplay first, instead of focusing on spreadsheets first as it is now.

The game systems are complete trash - and Celestalon carries a lot of responsibility over it. Glad he's gone, even though I will never sub to WoW again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    BFA is going to be a big, and beautiful expansion. Yay!
    It's too late to change BfA and the direction won't change a long as Ion is calling the shots. This won't make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ^ This.

Sadly the "my gaem is ruined REEEEEEEE!!!"-crowd seem to lack the ability to see reason.
    You're right, I won't blame a face of the company.

I'll blame the entire company, that's even easier.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Was a pretty cool guy.

With the exception of a few outliers, class design is pretty great right now. The best it's ever been for some classes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally, he was so annoying
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

7+ Year Old Account
    The asshat responsible for making frost DK a DW only spec is finally fucking gone. Good riddance i say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I didnt see this posted any place else but

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...62072885452800

All I can say is thank fucking God and now maybe they will undo the terrible things he did to the classes .
    Let the Healing begin
    It won't get any better until that incompetent Zierhut gets kicked out as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    It has everything to do with it. He's a cunt on top of being incompetent
    Sounds like most of ourt playerbase tbh. So he kind of fit right in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Sounds like most of ourt playerbase tbh. So he kind of fit right in
    Difference is, that the playerbase is not in charge of doing gamechanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    BFA is going to be a big, and beautiful expansion. Yay!
    Or it's already another WoD and everyone will try to jump ship as long as they can, we will see

Also it's just sad how the blizzard zealots will defend people being shit at their jobs, especially when they are in leading positions and are responsible for the shit their team does.

whom do we cluelessly bash now?

People dont understand that when you are the lead, you are responsible for what happens to that dept. The problems dont stop at celestalon. Ion needs to be removed as well,
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

any time anyone leaves everyone is like OH THANK GOD. from the big time devs to jerry the intern (he's made up).

"That asshole Jerry gave them the wrong paladin notes that's why ret is so in the shitter still!"

makes me laugh tho, keep it up
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    best way towards best class tuning is hiring/working with each class theorycrafter.

they do it for free btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    At least they shipped him over to Hearthstone. Seems to be the place they put shitty Devs to end their careers . He can use all his Tablet skills there
    You sound rather.. Salty. You know he wasn't alone about changes, right?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Cant wait till you guys miss him.
    Won't happen. No matter what you think of his work (it was terrible), he's an arrogant arsehole of a person and nobody who's ever had the displeasure of reading his smug, yet completely ill-informed drivel will be yearning for it to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    Not at all sure what that has to do with anything. Anything at all.
    People have less than positive experience = negative comments.

Is this really an issue you need to white knight? Chad earned these comments with direct interactions with people. Wether or not he was the only problem on the team is not the point - that he's a snarky, arrogant person is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yeah? Well I have. And I think he's pretty great.

Those of you playing the 'yay now WoW will be great again' card are clueless. Utterly, laughably clueless. There is a TEAM of people working on this stuff. Say it with me: T E A M.

Now, for those of you unclear as to what constitutes a team, I'll explain: it is when a group of individuals works toward a goal or purpose. Meaning there's no singular person imposing his or her will on any facet of WoW. Just as GC leaving for Riot didn't magically 'fix' WoW, Celestalon's moving on won't either.

But hey, keep telling yourselves whatever helps you sleep at night.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like GC deserved it, just like Holinka deserved it, blah blah blah. People need to grow up and find a better outlet for their emotions than 'OMG I HATE U VIDEO GAME DEV PERSUN.'
    So, if a dev is a dick to someone, they get a pass because they're on a team? Or, reasons? Really?

Chad earned these remarks, from direct interactions with people. Just because you had a positive interaction doesn't negate these other people's experiences.

Tell us he's on a team again. That means nothing. His actions earned him his reputation and criticism.

Who? Never heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Indeed, most people are actually clueless what goes on behind the scenes.
    It was Nervig's public comments that have inspired most of the comments here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Had no idea this guy was so disliked. I didn't mind him but had no idea what specifically he was responsible for. I liked his commentary on the endless halls but that's barely even part of the game.

So is Lore next?
    Lore isn't a dev.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I think his biggest flaw was his lack of professionalism. Tbh, it's ok if you don't know everything about the game even if you are a head dev, we are all human, after all. But how he got defensive whenever someone brought an issue up to him and how he would tend to blame player skill on pretty glaring issues of a spec really, really, left a sour taste in many players mouths. Had he been more professional and respectful, I'm sure many more players would have taken him more seriously as a dev.
    This comment is spot on. Defensiveness and smugness aren't the most professional attitudes out there.