Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dark Iron Dwarves and Wildhammer Dwarves ARE ALREADY playable! When Cataclysm was released, they opened up the classes to multiple new races. Dwarves could never be mages, warlocks, or shamans before, but they said that the Wildhammers and Darkirons joined the Alliance, so it opened up those classes to people who made Dwarf characters. They also added new cosmetics to the Character Creator to reflect this, like black dark iron skin. They did the same thing with the Highbourne returning to the Nightelves, thus opening up Night Elf mages.

You people who think these "allied" races are a new feature, are probably just Panda babies who are swallowing Blizzard's claim that they're giving you something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    Dammit ion, I know you browse these forums.
    Wildhammer dwarves? Honestly. Spoiler guys, bronzebeard dwarves are pretty much wildhammer dwarves. Dark iron dwarves are also pretty much another flavor of bronzebeard dwarves. Wait...
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-12-09 at 10:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise I am pretty sure any Dwarf Shaman is part of the wild hammer clan.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    No official tattooed Wildhammer Dwarves or High Elves for the Alliance, no Ogres or Kobolds for the Horde. It's like Blizzard are smiling and waiting for the BFA tears. They just love doing that, I think they got tired baiting with Flight and went for a new angle. Instead we get void sucking Elves and suicide bomber Dwarves for the Alliance and moose Tauren & refugee Elves for the Horde.

I agree with you, but kobolds do not make sense in either faction. They are one of many lesser races, who dont care about outer world, they would have zero motivation to go fight for someone else.. They just care about candle. Also what politics would they have? ''We fight for you, we get candle''

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd roll a wildhammer instantly!

Deleted
    Yesss, give me dwarven druids! Fat cats! Fat birds! Fatter moonkins! No more having to play night elf or worgen!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    I agree with you, but kobolds do not make sense in either faction. They are one of many lesser races, who dont care about outer world, they would have zero motivation to go fight for someone else.. They just care about candle. Also what politics would they have? ''We fight for you, we get candle''
    And the Undead Forsaken don't belong in this world arguably, yet alone be considered a lesser race or even a race. But certain types band together.

Yes kobolds would get paid in candles to fight for the Horde.

There's always the Gnolls I suppose, if the Kobold's aren't interested in Horde membership. The Gnolls get a pasting constantly at Lakeshire & Elwynn. They might go to the Horde to gain some sympathy and protection. Maybe Hogger escapes from the Stockades and makes a break for Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by mmocb54112e783; 2017-12-09 at 05:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    wildhammer skin should be enabled on the creation menu for dwarfs, put the option to use tattoo and you have a wildhammer dwarf

cause there is no reason or sense to put then as allied race
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-12-09 at 12:03 PM.

I find it funny that people say they should add it as extended customization. Look at Highmountain Taurens, they aren't more different to normal Taurens than Wildhammer is to Bronzebeard, but still an allied race. If we get Wildhammer, we'll get it as an allied race, and I think that'd be cool for all the people who's wanted it for ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildhammer Dwarfs would be great, but I can't see them being added any time soon due to the Dark Irons. I can't see them ever being added to the Horde though so don't worry about that. The reason Blood Elves went Horde was to boost the Horde population and give them a Paladin class.

As for their appearance I believe that they're supposed to be taller and leaner than Ironforge Dwarfs, they also have slightly darker skin tones due to being more exposed to sunlight. As well as the tattoos and hair/beard decorations. I also imagine them with lighter hair colours too, though there are examples of them with black hair.

For classes they could be, Warrior, Hunter, Rogue?, Priest, Shaman, Monk, Druid.
    I'm unsure if they could be Rogues, but can see them as Priests. They do have some history with worshiping the light, but don't see them as Paladins. For Druid forms they could Lynxes for Cat (Short and stocky with thick fur), there's a fan made concept somewhere for cat forms. Bear would just be a regular bear with Wildhammer markings and gryphon feathers. Nothing special for moonkin form. For travel/flight could be Gryphon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    I find it funny that people say they should add it as extended customization. Look at Highmountain Taurens, they aren't more different to normal Taurens than Wildhammer is to Bronzebeard, but still an allied race. If we get Wildhammer, we'll get it as an allied race, and I think that'd be cool for all the people who's wanted it for ages.

yes they are, if look at then on their lore as well you can see

highmountain have more fur, different horns, tattoos AND new racials, everything supported by the cenarius blessing who give to then new abilitys.

Wildhammer dwarfs have none of this, they jut have tattoos, only this, and they already are part of the alliance since warcraft 3, if you want to play aa wildhammer dwarf just make a dwarf with tattoos, thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

highmountain have more fur, different horns, tattoos AND new racials, everything supported by the cenarius blessing who give to then new abilitys.

Wildhammer dwarfs have none of this, they jut have tattoos, only this, and they already are part of the alliance since warcraft 3, if you want to play aa wildhammer dwarf just make a dwarf with tattoos, thats it
    I guess you'll be disappointed when they're adding them then. Considering they're adding Dark Iron now, I'd be surprised if they didn't Wildhammer in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    I guess you'll be disappointed when they're adding them then. Considering they're adding Dark Iron now, I'd be surprised if they didn't Wildhammer in the future.
    well, i never stay disappointed with this game when i already expect they doing the awful thing at hand. I would not be disappointing with a retcon, to this crap work cause i would expect this kind of thing already

Also, with theya dding dark iron, thy probwill wait a loong time to add another kind of dwarf same thing with trolls and zandalari

And again would be a waste, put a normal dwarf with tattoo and a griffon and he is a wildhammer.

5+ Year Old Account

The dwarf on the right is a Wildhammer Dwarf. Look at the head-tattoos and arm-tattoos.

The forsaken attacking him and his Ironforge compatriot is more like Nathanos Blightcaller than Lillian Voss.

I would suggest you expect "More Human Forsaken with Red Eyes" and Wildhammer Dwarves as Allied Races in the future.

Though either of those sides in the fighting might be the new AI mob and thus not representative of future allied races, the other side probably is.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2017-12-09 at 12:55 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Just because in game they're depicted as regular Ironforge Dwarfs with tattoos, it doesn't mean that they can't be given a more unique appearance to distinguish them in the future. In Vanilla the Zandalari Trolls just looked like regular Jungle Trolls, but now look at them. Obviously Blizzard wouldn't go that far with changing the model, but I was just using them as an example for what could be changed if they wish.

This is taken from wowpedia so i'm not sure just how accurate this is: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Wildhammer_clan#Appearance

Wildhammer dwarves are similar in appearance to their Ironforge kin, though many shave their heads and they are slightly taller and leaner. Exposure to sun and high winds darkens and toughens their skin. Wildhammers string beads and feathers into their hair and beards as good luck charms, and paint tattoos on their bodies in homage to the totems, ideas and creatures they revere.
    As for them having different racials.

The Wildhammers typically do not share the latter's love of technology and do not care as much about their titan ancestry, although they have been known to help with the excavations from time to time. Because of this difference in outlook, they lack some of the new abilities that Ironforge dwarves have discovered, such as changing their skin to stone.
    If that's not enough to justify them as a separate allied race, then maybe Highmountain Tauren or Lightforged Draenei shouldn't be either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Wildhammer fit the Horde best, they’re getting no development on the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg could you imagine dwarf druid forms, tiny cute bear forms and the cutest roundest little moonkins ever, ahhhh <3

and a little sapling instead of a tree form <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Dark Iron Dwarves and Wildhammer Dwarves ARE ALREADY playable! When Cataclysm was released, they opened up the classes to multiple new races. Dwarves could never be mages, warlocks, or shamans before, but they said that the Wildhammers and Darkirons joined the Alliance, so it opened up those classes to people who made Dwarf characters. They also added new cosmetics to the Character Creator to reflect this, like black dark iron skin. They did the same thing with the Highbourne returning to the Nightelves, thus opening up Night Elf mages.

You people who think these "allied" races are a new feature, are probably just Panda babies who are swallowing Blizzard's claim that they're giving you something new.
    Not really. They added a crappy grey-ish skin with red eyes.

Which is not very close to actual Dark Irons:

Or to the Allied Race:

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

The dwarf on the right is a Wildhammer Dwarf. Look at the head-tattoos and arm-tattoos.

The forsaken attacking him and his Ironforge compatriot is more like Nathanos Blightcaller than Lillian Voss.

I would suggest you expect "More Human Forsaken with Red Eyes" and Wildhammer Dwarves as Allied Races in the future.

Though either of those sides in the fighting might be the new AI mob and thus not representative of future allied races, the other side probably is.
    That "Forsaken" is a female Dark Iron Dwarf...