Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Thanks goodness. Maybe next expac we get our pruned defensives back (unless his replacement enjoys playing wow on a tablet, too).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone left on WOW team who hasnt jump ship yet ?

For some people, classic servers can't come soon enough, I see. Christ, such vitrol
    Mother pus bucket!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    If I remember correctly, they don't pick their names or posting avatars. They get assigned when they start in their position.
    Nope had asked a GM (which i assume is the same thing) if they had agenerator or if they can make them themself and he said that they make them up.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    Anyone left on WOW team who hasnt jump ship yet ?
    More like Ion is getting rid of the shitty developers.

People in these forums are absolutely mental. Does anyone on these forums not know how balanced WoW is compared to any MMO out there? Go play another other MMO: Tera, ESO, Blade and Soul, Rift, etc and tell me "They are more balanced than WoW is" I will just laugh in your face. Nobody on the forums knows how hard it is to balance soo many specs and they constantly change numbers around.

10+ Year Old Account
    When everyone thinks class balancing is all done by one person...smh

Thanks for all the time you invested in this game, Celestalon!
    Yet, this will only yield better results for BFA .

I guess now he can play his game on a tablet

Good bye and have fun to your next project

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Blizzard essentially makes between $300-500 million annually (profit) from just sub fees in wow (before taxes and depending on subs, $300m would be less than 3m subs, $600m would be more than 6m subs). These sub revenues are essentially seen as free money, they don't really have to work more or less to get it.

Even if an expansion would cost around $100 million per 12 months, at a sub rate of $12.99 and 3 million subs, they'd still make $367 million profit annually.
    the calculation you made is an upper limit. Subscription cost is not the same everywhere, for example Argentina (in latin america) pays 120 ARS, with the current conversion rate that is near half of that, and the cost in south america has always been below that (well I am not sure about Chile and Colombia, they are always more expensive).

Quote Originally Posted by zura View Post
    nooooooooooo!! don't ruin hearthstone toooooooooo!!!
    You play the new expansion?

It's already ruined.

Edit:

Yeah GTFO Celestalon, worst thing to happen to WoW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
    Last edited by blehmeh; 2017-12-09 at 07:37 PM.

Any dev thinking or stating that wanting to play WoW on a tablet is a good idea, really doesn't belong on the WoW team. Now HE can enjoy a GAME that you do indeed play on a tablet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Animaneth View Post
    the calculation you made is an upper limit. Subscription cost is not the same everywhere, for example Argentina (in latin america) pays 120 ARS, with the current conversion rate that is near half of that, and the cost in south america has always been below that (well I am not sure about Chile and Colombia, they are always more expensive).
    SA subs won't bring down the price much, in 2011 blizzard said there were around 100k subbed players in SA compared to around 5.6 million in NA/EU and around 3.8 million in all Asian regions combined. We also know that they said the majority of the drops are always in Asian regions, and NA/EU are generally stable.

My 3 million example was only based of NA/EU region as that's where over 70% of the wow income is generated.

Quote Originally Posted by blehmeh View Post

Yeah GTFO Celestalon, worst thing to happen to WoW.
    I swear, whenever someone announces that they're moving away from the WoW team, they're always dubbed "the worst thing to ever happen to WoW".

Grow up, people.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They will. People said the exact same things about GC, won't stop people from forgetting the bad as time passes and a new object for their vitriol emerges and "wrongs" them.
    Keep up the brownnosing on failed WoW devs. Celestalon will never be missed on WoW.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
    I swear, whenever someone announces that they're moving away from the WoW team, they're always dubbed "the worst thing to ever happen to WoW".

Grow up, people.
    Actually, no. Nice assumption tho.

Celestalon will always be number 1 worst dev on WoW, easily. That's why I can say that, because its true.

But to be fair to those people that DO say that to every dev, it's not like there's many WoW dev's with GOOD credibility these days, is there? So it's kinda hard to blame them for having that attitude.

PvP has been dead for two full expansions the last I checked.

So please, you're the one who needs to grow up. We all want the game to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Celebration time!

Let the unpruning begin
    He was right, after 6 expansions the classes were getting buried under new abilities and unknown combinations of talent points, became a nightmare to balance bosses around. May not feel good to you but for the health of the game things had to get pruned back. But of course you are incapable of seeing it from a game designers point of view and only take your own point of view into mind when it comes to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, no. Nice assumption tho.

Celestalon will always be number 1 worst dev on WoW, easily. That's why I can say that, because its true.

But to be fair to those people that DO say that to every dev, it's not like there's many WoW dev's with GOOD credibility these days, is there? So it's kinda hard to blame them for having that attitude.

PvP has been dead for two full expansions the last I checked.

So please, you're the one who needs to grow up. We all want the game to be great.
    PVP in this game has been dead for several years and it had everything to do with this game not being designed for PVP and other games are. Can you tell what a player is doing in a fight or do all melee just swing weapons around their bodies and mages flap their hands in the air regardless of spell? People who enjoy pvp go play games designed to do pvp, like lol, overwatch, dota, ect.

PVP in wow has always been a square peg in a round hole, it worked a long time ago because this was one of your few choices of places to play, not anymore.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    PVP in this game has been dead for several years and it had everything to do with this game not being designed for PVP and other games are. Can you tell what a player is doing in a fight or do all melee just swing weapons around their bodies and mages flap their hands in the air regardless of spell? People who enjoy pvp go play games designed to do pvp, like lol, overwatch, dota, ect.

PVP in wow has always been a square peg in a round hole, it worked a long time ago because this was one of your few choices of places to play, not anymore.
    Again, another wrong opinion backed by nothing.

MoP was pretty popular for PvP, it was one of the top games on twitch through the end of the expansion. WoD killed it, Legion killed it harder.

WoW dev's had to admit that half their playerbase historically are PvP'ers.

I don't even know why I'm responding to this garbage.

Again, another wrong opinion backed by nothing.

MoP was pretty popular for PvP, it was one of the top games on twitch through the end of the expansion. WoD killed it, Legion killed it harder.

WoW dev's had to admit that half their playerbase historically are PvP'ers.

I don't even know why I'm responding to this garbage.
    You can't call it an opinion using your opinion as proof. Its a fact that this game was not created for a pvp experience. Just because something was popular doesn't mean it was designed from creation to do something. sorry but you are wrong,
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.