Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    LFD destroyed the world. I know it for a fact. Why?

Because i decided to make a roleplay in a RPPVP server with a level 20 rogue.
    My project was to kill people in duskwood as a level 20 rogue Goblin.

You know what happened? Total bullshit.
    The low levels are all in the main quest hub protected by guards "queuing for LFD".
    In my sessions of play VERY RARELY did i see a low level doing quests in Duskwood.

And no this is not a case of "there is only a few people leveling". NO.
    I know for a fact there is a lot of people leveling by pressing /who.
    It's just that they all decide to level by LFD.

The world is completely dead
    The problem with your example is that it wasn't any different before LfD. Duskwood saw little activity even back in Vanilla once the majority progressed past it, unless the Dragon was up. The world isn't dead because of LfD, and it hasn't made half as much difference as you futiley try to pretend.

Slow boring and unrewarding...because LFD exists. That option exists and is totally overpowering any other ways of leveling.
    I agree this is a game with 110 levels. This had to happen because of the nature of the game. I can see that.
    But this is "world" of warcraft. Not "instance" of warcraft.
    I feel sorry for new players who did not experience the epic leveling system of Vanilla and TBC with lots of friendly encounters in the world. Those times were epic.
    I remember doing several low level characters just for the "feels" of meting new people in the world.
    ROFL! You know what I remember about leveling in Vanilla wow? Lots of completely unnecessary flight path time, quests that pointlessly sent you to the other continent for no reason, not enough quests to level which forced you to grind mobs, ridiculous respawn timers, and a host of other utterly nonsensical and bad designs.

There was nothing "epic" about leveling in vanilla. It was just tedious and annoying for no reason. The only reason you think it was "Epic" is because you didn't know any better at the time and are viewing it through the filter of nostalgia.

LFD exists to remedy the complete and total lack of any effective tool besides the trade channel to form groups. And sitting in town spamming /2 is about as un-epic as you can get. You're just hating on it because you think it causes a problem that it doesn't. And worse, you're unwilling to recognize that even in the face of facts.

"Not instance of warcraft". Except all the dungeons and raids and battlegrounds, which is the focus of the game. Riiiiiight. You just want the game to be something it isn't.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, I played in vanilla since 3 months after launch. And I was on a PVP server. You know what? Battlegrounds like AV beat the living dog-crap out of TM brawls, or STV gankstorms. Better in every way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The problem with your example is that it wasn't any different before LfD. Duskwood saw little activity even back in Vanilla once the majority progressed past it, unless the Dragon was up. The world isn't dead because of LfD, and it hasn't made half as much difference as you futiley try to pretend.
    But i did my research. There are low levels in Duskwood. Just press /who to see for yourself.
    The problem is that all of them are just spaming LFD.

In Burning Crusade, when i was a total noob, i would go to duskwood and redridge mountains to do world PvP and every single time i would encounter people. Lots of them leveling.
    I even did noob PvP videos and everything with Fraps.
    I had lots of epic adventures in low level zones back in the day.

When i tried to recreate that feeling in Legion...it was almost a total fail. The zones are empty and i'm 100% sure is because of LFD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    ROFL! You know what I remember about leveling in Vanilla wow? Lots of completely unnecessary flight path time, quests that pointlessly sent you to the other continent for no reason, not enough quests to level which forced you to grind mobs, ridiculous respawn timers, and a host of other utterly nonsensical and bad designs.

There was nothing "epic" about leveling in vanilla. It was just tedious and annoying for no reason. The only reason you think it was "Epic" is because you didn't know any better at the time and are viewing it through the filter of nostalgia.

LFD exists to remedy the complete and total lack of any effective tool besides the trade channel to form groups. And sitting in town spamming /2 is about as un-epic as you can get. You're just hating on it because you think it causes a problem that it doesn't. And worse, you're unwilling to recognize that even in the face of facts.

"Not instance of warcraft". Except all the dungeons and raids and battlegrounds, which is the focus of the game. Riiiiiight. You just want the game to be something it isn't.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, I played in vanilla since 3 months after launch. And I was on a PVP server. You know what? Battlegrounds like AV beat the living dog-crap out of TM brawls, or STV gankstorms. Better in every way.
    I remember perfectly as a kid encountering MANY players in Duskwood and Redridge Mountains. It was a daily activity of mine doing PvP in low level zones as a low level myself.
    You are trying to tell me people "were not in the world" since Vanilla? The world was FILLED with players. Tons of them.
    STV? Full of players. Redridge Mountains? Full of players. Everything was full of players. I remember.
    I even did crapy PvP videos with Fraps...

I tried to recreate that feeling in legion...and is failing so far because the world is empty...because of LFD.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-12-09 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This entire thread comes down to how YOU decide to play the game... and to make matters worse; instead of changing what YOU do - you come here to whine like it's somehow the games fault.

You CAN form your own group, you CAN walk to the dungeon and you can even do it without any heirlooms on. Hell you could level without doing any dungeon even.

Nobody forces you to do anything.

There are more people in loch modan on the PTR than there have been since probably vanilla.
    Questing died because the rewards weren't worth it, and you were unable to actually do an entire zone without gimping yourself.
    Both of those are fixed come 7.3.5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyz View Post
    This entire thread comes down to how YOU decide to play the game... and to make matters worse; instead of changing what YOU do - you come here to whine like it's somehow the games fault.

You CAN form your own group, you CAN walk to the dungeon and you can even do it without any heirlooms on. Hell you could level without doing any dungeon even.

Nobody forces you to do anything.
    That argument man...why do so many people say this?
    Are you playing dumb on purpose?
    If LFD is the absolute best way for leveling...then 99% will do it because is optimal. The rest 1% is roleplayers and people who enjoy questing even though is slower and there is a overpowering method like LFD.

This argument was seen so many times in the "flying threads" and is so...dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    That argument man...why do so many people say this?
    Are you playing dumb on purpose?
    If LFD is the absolute best way for leveling...then 99% will do it because is optimal. The rest 1% is roleplayers and people who enjoy questing even though is slower and there is a overpowering method like LFD.

This argument was seen so many times in the "flying threads" and is so...dumb.
    People use it because its 100% accurate you numpty. Just because something is better/faster doesn't mean its mandatory.

Nobody is forcing you to make use of whatever Blizzard offer you.. how the F do people not get that.

Some times I will completely stop leveling in dungeons just to experience specific zones. Some times I will hardly level in them at all. Also, new players, unless they do their research and intend to min/max, will make use of both world leveling and dungeon finder. Another thing to note: dungeons are as viable in higher levels as a means of leveling. Instead of Blizzard nerfing the XP required to level in the previous expansion, they could instead buff the XP gained from quests. Although this make take a long fuckin time if they don't have a means of changing quest XP in bulk, but level scaling could suggest that they do.

But you know what? Fuck LFD. I hate it because it doesn't allow people to have fun MY way!

But i did my research. There are low levels in Duskwood. Just press /who to see for yourself.
    The problem is that all of them are just spaming LFD.

In Burning Crusade, when i was a total noob, i would go to duskwood and redridge mountains to do world PvP and every single time i would encounter people. Lots of them leveling.
    I even did noob PvP videos and everything with Fraps.
    I had lots of epic adventures in low level zones back in the day.

When i tried to recreate that feeling in Legion...it was almost a total fail. The zones are empty and i'm 100% sure is because of LFD.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember perfectly as a kid encountering MANY players in Duskwood and Redridge Mountains. It was a daily activity of mine doing PvP in low level zones as a low level myself.
    You are trying to tell me people "were not in the world" since Vanilla? The world was FILLED with players. Tons of them.
    STV? Full of players. Redridge Mountains? Full of players. Everything was full of players. I remember.
    I even did crapy PvP videos with Fraps...

I tried to recreate that feeling in legion...and is failing so far because the world is empty...because of LFD.
    Maybe...just maybe it was because the game was new and so was it players?So everyone and their mother was leveling?I find a bunch of people on legion zones but zero on Warlords.Maybe because these zones are irrelevant content nowadays and the population is where the relevant content is??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyz View Post
    People use it because its 100% accurate you numpty. Just because something is better/faster doesn't mean its mandatory.

Nobody is forcing you to make use of whatever Blizzard offer you.. how the F do people not get that.
    This is the "no flying threads" all over again

If something is optimal...doing otherwise makes you a roleplayers of sorts...and a loner because 99% of other people are doing it the optimal way.

This tool made the world empty. It had consequences.
    Sure you CAN level in the world, just know you will be doing it alone and without seeing a living soul.

If something is optimal...doing otherwise makes you a roleplayers of sorts...and a loner because 99% of other people are doing it the optimal way.

Sure you CAN level in the world, just know you will be doing it alone and without seeing a living soul.
    The tool didn't make the world empty
    People outleveled low level zones

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Maybe...just maybe it was because the game was new and so was it players?So everyone and their mother was leveling?I find a bunch of people on legion zones but zero on Warlords.Maybe because these zones are irrelevant content nowadays and the population is where the relevant content is??
    Consider making a quick /who search in your server.
    You will be surprised by the ammount of levels. They exist, they just choose to not be in the world.

Deleted
    It's not a choice, it's the optimal way of things. It's just like flying.
    Are you on drugs? Its not the optimal anymore since it was nerved in cata

Consider making a quick /who search in your server.
    You will be surprised by the ammount of levels. They exist, they just choose to not be in the world.
    Considering i play on a small population server.i would find one or two people at best.

Also, you are complaining that they are not in the World, but says that they are Duskwood.So they are in the open world, just not in the open like you want to.

Like me, i was questing on Blasted lands but would stop for a quick dungeon every now and then.Why this is a bad thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Considering i play on a small population server.i would find one or two people at best.

Also, you are complaining that they are not in the World, but says that they are Duskwood.So they are in the open world, just not in the open like you want to.
    Well...there are some in the world in RP servers. But the majority is chilling in stormwind queuing for LFD.
    It's just a little bit sad, thats all. I would love this to still be "world" of warcraft.
    A quick search on the RPPVP server of Ravenholdt in EU.
    There are still low levels, they just choose to LFD instead of going to the world.

Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-12-09 at 10:04 PM.

@Rainal if you think most people are going to queue for dungeons without dungeon finder your sadly mistaken, you can sit outside the dungeon for 30 minutes if you want but i doubt anyone else will, i also think unless you paying for everyone elses sub you dont get to choose if people sit in cities waiting for dungeon queues or not.

10+ Year Old Account

You just don't get it... Which would be fine but you've convinced yourself you're right even though you're obviously not.

This tool didn't make the world empty, people did that themselves. People don't want to enjoy leveling they just want to be max level - I will agree this is partly on Blizzard.

And just because someone enjoys leveling for whatever reason doesn't automaticly make them a "rper".

15+ Year Old Account
    Look. To all the people who say QoL changes ruined the game...

That's your opinion. and you're entitled to it. You might feel that way? But you're wrong. Mainly because you keep speaking as if it's fact.

My Opinion, as a 'Classic Vanilla Hardcore Raider' when the game was you know, new, is that I personally don't want to spend hours in whatever Chat "LFHEALER/DPS", which was an issue. I don't want to have to RUN TO THE DUNGEON, because me or my friends don't play mage for whatever reason. I grew up, I became an Adult, I don't have time for that shit, while I still want to enjoy the game in all it's glory.

Your perceived immersion problems are on you.

Your perceived Social problems are on you.

Wait for Classic and enjoy that version of the game, if it is infact the version you want (You think you do, but you don't.).

**Edit: Oh, and if you have issues with leveling, stop using the tools that help you level faster. I went back and did all the zones, got to enjoy the storylines and all that bullshit even if it didn't directly benefit my leveling (I do enjoy rep though.)

Again, nothing stops you from experiencing the storylines each of the zones offers, that's on you.
    Last edited by Molvonos; 2017-12-09 at 10:17 PM.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Well...there are some in the world in RP servers. But the majority is chilling in stormwind queuing for LFD.
    It's just a little bit sad, thats all. I would love this to still be "world" of warcraft.
    A quick search on the RPPVP server of Ravenholdt in EU.
    There are still low levels, they just choose to LFD instead of going to the world.

Rofl, of course there's going to be more people in stormwind than duskwood.
    Duskwood is 1 of several areas of that level to quest. Do you think people actually like questing in duskwood? Do you think people level 20 could still be in redridge?What about other zones, like ashenvale? Do you think people higher up couldve gone to stv already?
    Jesus the sperg patrol is out today in full force

If you don't like it, don't use it.