Prometheus Lens is insanely broken in pvp, luckily Xur is selling it this weekend so everyone can get in on the fun.

https://destinytrialsreport.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Final boss of the raid lair was probably the best encounter in Destiny to date (including all of D1). Rest of the raid lair was pretty unremarkable, but the final fight in there was great. Real nice change of pace to an otherwise pretty average DLC.
    What about the environment?
    I think it was very remarkable: the huge spaces, the architecture, colors, all that...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's laser tag time, lol.

So, what counters this Lens gun? Sniper camping? Sneaky McStabby sword action?

I'm a hand cannon guy, but compared to that thing I might as well throw potatoes at people.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2017-12-09 at 09:00 AM.

The final boss of the Raid Lair is the one redeeming feature of this entire DLC.

And of course the art and sound/music teams all did top notch work as always.

Everything else was pretty fucking "meh".

It must be extremely frustrating for the art and sound guys to pour so much heart and soul into this game and do their jobs amazingly while the rest of the dev team just continues to fuck around and/or the leadership continues to be a bunch of arrogant asshats.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-12-09 at 09:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post

I'm a hand cannon guy, but compared to that thing I might as well throw potatoes at people.
    another lens gun. xur sells it, everyone runs it atm. this meta is even more stupid than MIDA's - its basically the same but you die in half the time

as a side note, i wonder if the fact that xur sells this gun so fast is bungie's recognition of the fact that it's broken

- - - Updated - - -

fun fact - if you have a 20 lvl character and infuse >300 base power item into your armor piece, that piece becomes unusable by you, potentially leaving you without 1 armor slot
    Last edited by mmocaad0a8dadd; 2017-12-09 at 11:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    The final boss of the Raid Lair is the one redeeming feature of this entire DLC.

And of course the art and sound/music teams all did top notch work as always.

Everything else was pretty fucking "meh".

It must be extremely frustrating for the art and sound guys to pour so much heart and soul into this game and do their jobs amazingly while the rest of the dev team just continues to fuck around and/or the leadership continues to be a bunch of arrogant asshats.
    It's almost always like this in the big software projects. There are Many teams, many team leaders, different mentalities, secrets, levels of competency and so on.

For everyone stepping into the World eater raid, take a few minutes and Watch your surroundings, the scale and quality of things. The HUGE pipe waterfall at the start, the shattered isles, the'barrel of the gun' and many more things. Try to turn 180 when you enter a new area, watch behind you, look up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post

I'm a hand cannon guy too. If you won't go for some lens on lens action, only way to win is a power weapon (aka a one shot).

That and shooting people shooting your teammates. Otherwise the TTK is too damn high (low)!

They're fixing it next week. Until then the "everyone gets one" was a smart move.

The crimson is amazing btw. The triple shot is tight and doesnt really kick, the auto reload is easy to pull off and the heal was about a fifth of my bar. It is an ammo hog though for something that clears rooms of enemies.

The colony is damn fun. Its still a grenade launcher but the spider mines make it a lot of fun.

Jade rabbit is a good dependeable weapon. Does it stand up to call to serve and nameless midnight? Ehhh but if you like it you cam use it without worries. Great for when you cant focus weakpoints due to shit going down and you pull off some body shots on the move but finally get a chance to pull off a critical hit. Mag at 10 seems low though.

Hunters with will like both the crimson and the rabbit for the synergy with their crit/crit kill based trees.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-12-09 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 mag is low, but if you do body-body-head and repeat that you never have to reload.
    Granted it's not a very... Useful gun the sights are ugly (IMO), handling is very slow and exotic perk is... meh. But I don't know, maybe I like it because it looks so good?

I have a feeling that the Prometheus Lens isn't actually broken and that it shipped as intended. It's just that Bungie's internal playtesting and competency levels were once again at fucking low to nonexistent levels like they usually are and now they're claiming it shipped with a "bug" and are going to "fix" it (aka, nerf it) next week. I don't buy Bungie's bullshit excuses on this kind of stuff anymore. They've shown more times than I can count that they're usually either incompetent on stuff like this or they're QA is just fucking abysmal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the current power of the Lens. It needs to be nerfed for sure. It's just that I'm not buying their excuse of "it's a bug". I just have a feeling they fucked up and don't want to admit it.

You'd think bungie killed zephyrs parents or something, like a weapon can't even be bugged without some conspiracy of evil doing.

I really struggle to figure out why you're still bothering with the game.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You'd think bungie killed zephyrs parents or something, like a weapon can't even be bugged without some conspiracy of evil doing.

I really struggle to figure out why you're still bothering with the game.
    Haven't you realized? Everything Bungie does is either intentionally nefarious or a conspiracy of evil-doing. This thread should have taught you that by now. And if you don't like it you can leave or use the ignore function! This thread isn't an echo chamber of your opinion, only an echo chamber for Bungie hate and conspiracy talks tyvm. I quit the game in Destiny 1 Alpha btw, but my opinion still matters.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    What about the environment?
    I think it was very remarkable: the huge spaces, the architecture, colors, all that...
    The environment of the whole raid was incredible for sure. Just the earlier encounters themselves weren't that great to me personally, but the final boss was 10/10. Easily the best raid boss or any encounter in the game to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Seems so. But my friends are pissed because on PS4 where my main character is we were going to run Prestige a couple of days ago.

Only to be told we have to now throw down another £16 on top of the £40 we paid for the base game on PS4.
    but why would you even bother buying just the base game, season passes are neccesary for these type of games so its stupid not to get the deluxe edition from the start.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    but why would you even bother buying just the base game, season passes are neccesary for these type of games so its stupid not to get the deluxe edition from the start.
    Not really a good defense. I didn't have the money at the time to throw onto the season pass because I wanted to buy another game for the PS4. As for PC I got The Division on a sale alongside it.

I wasn't expecting to lose content from the game I paid full price for but then that exact same content be gated behind the £16 DLC. It's not fair at all and it's just plain greed. And anyone throwing the "entitlement" card about is just really trying to hard to defend them. It's not entitlement to want the content that you do regularly with friends and that you paid full price for back.

Thankfully my ticket on Battle.net worked and they refunded my £44.99. Which I'll probably throw on some Kobolds and Catacombs packs and a WoW token or the SC2 complete upgrade so I can get the Mini Thor pet for WoW.

Sadly getting a refund on PS4 is a pain in the butt so I doubt that's happening and as for XB1 since it was Physical and a local store I took it back and the owner just let me trade it in for £40 worth of games since I know him very well.

And before you ask why I ended up getting it for all 3 systems well blame my indecisive friends.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-10 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not really a good defense. I didn't have the money at the time to throw onto the season pass because I wanted to buy another game for the PS4. As for PC I got The Division on a sale alongside it.

I wasn't expecting to lose content from the game I paid for but then that exact same content be gated behind a purchase.

Thankfully my ticket on Battle.net worked and they refunded my £44.99. Which I'll probably throw on some Kobolds and Catacombs packs and a WoW token or the SC2 complete upgrade so I can get the Mini Thor pet for WoW.
    Once your max light there is very little to even play let alone repeat content that gives basically nothing anyway, without the season pass its not realistic to repeat content when there is nothing to gain.

Even if it was still available you would only be able to play solo or with other players without the season pass also.

This type of game makes absolutely no sense to not get deluxe from the start, lay of the pizza and junk food for a weekend and that should cover the costs.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Man, the hardmode strikes feel exactly the same as normal ones. I was hoping for something extra or whatnot, but they legit functional feel identical in difficulty to normal mode : /

Oh well, at least the weekly milestone for them is fast as hell.

So do the heroic adventures reset daily? Those were kinda alright, but damn farming those is going to get old fast. I'm pretty disappointed by the infinite forest thingy, I was hoping for something with more depth to it than what we got.

Oh well, despite it being a kinda underwhelming DLC I'm still alright with it. At the very least it's more "stuff" to do, which the game needed.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Once your max light there is very little to even play let alone repeat content that gives basically nothing anyway, without the season pass its not realistic to repeat content when there is nothing to gain.

Even if it was still available you would only be able to play solo or with other players without the season pass also.

This type of game makes absolutely no sense to not get deluxe from the start, lay of the pizza and junk food for a weekend and that should cover the costs.
    I honestly haven't eaten much Pizza or junk for a while.

And again how was I to know I'd lose content just to be told "hey you wanna access that same content again then pay us more on top of the full price"? Stop excusing it.

I repeated content back then because I had friends doing it with me.

And no you shouldn't have to buy the deluxe at all. Stop trying to justify the removed content yet again. Bungie made a terrible design decision. There is literally no defending it.

The whole point of different versions is so you can choose willingly. I chose the base game partly because I bought other games alongside it and partly because I wanted to wait on the DLC. I was not expecting to lose content I paid £44.99 for.

But again thankfully 2/3 copies refunded so I got the money back.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-10 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, the hardmode strikes feel exactly the same as normal ones. I was hoping for something extra or whatnot, but they legit functional feel identical in difficulty to normal mode : /

Oh well, at least the weekly milestone for them is fast as hell.

So do the heroic adventures reset daily? Those were kinda alright, but damn farming those is going to get old fast. I'm pretty disappointed by the infinite forest thingy, I was hoping for something with more depth to it than what we got.

Oh well, despite it being a kinda underwhelming DLC I'm still alright with it. At the very least it's more "stuff" to do, which the game needed.
    Yeah, I was expecting the Infinite Forest to be an analogue of the Underground DLC for The Division; you queue up for "an infinite forest run", it randomizes a path through different settings, with a randomized end boss and enemies throughout. And by "different settings", I mean zones thematically similar to the 5 planets we've got, so at least it's one run through Vex nonsense as it currently is, go through the next portal, end up in a simulated reality. Add some palette variations and you'd have a pretty solid foundation, and you could vary that last setting a fair bit in terms of mechanics (one big boss, two smaller bosses, a puzzle/wave thing like the Runner adventure, etc).

I'm not SUPER upset, but it's less than I was hoping for.

Instead, we get three Adventures, which aren't really randomized (and even if the Vex paths are, there's not that many variations and they're not complicated to begin with), and they get very same-y very quickly. And you're restricted in how much you can run the Heroic ones, at least. Which are at least a reasonable challenge, running solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, I was expecting the Infinite Forest to be an analogue of the Underground DLC for The Division; you queue up for "an infinite forest run", it randomizes a path through different settings, with a randomized end boss and enemies throughout. And by "different settings", I mean zones thematically similar to the 5 planets we've got, so at least it's one run through Vex nonsense as it currently is, go through the next portal, end up in a simulated reality. Add some palette variations and you'd have a pretty solid foundation, and you could vary that last setting a fair bit in terms of mechanics (one big boss, two smaller bosses, a puzzle/wave thing like the Runner adventure, etc).

I'm not SUPER upset, but it's less than I was hoping for.

Instead, we get three Adventures, which aren't really randomized (and even if the Vex paths are, there's not that many variations and they're not complicated to begin with), and they get very same-y very quickly. And you're restricted in how much you can run the Heroic ones, at least. Which are at least a reasonable challenge, running solo.
    Yeah, that was mostly what I had in mind as well. I knew I was probably thinking too big for what was delivered, but I wasn't ready for it to be this anemic in terms of variety and design.

Feels like a missed opportunity, they could have had some awesome, legit repeatable content if they'd gone with a more Underground-esque approach : /

Also, at least there's some more variety for repeatable weekly story missions.