10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Even as a MH player of earlier entries I'm already losing interest cause they refuse to say anything about pc release date. Not going to wait several month for a port in this day and age.
    Understandable. Its pretty piss poor to do this to an entire platform.

Even as a MH player of earlier entries I'm already losing interest cause they refuse to say anything about pc release date. Not going to wait several month for a port in this day and age.
    Totally understandable...thats why I'm going to get it for xbox or playstation first. Then when my friends get it on PC eventually I'll have a semblance of a clue of what the fuck we're supposed to do.

OT, Just had my first ever experience with any MH and while it's relatively simple(or seems so in the beta) It is really quite fun. I don't know if combat gets more demanding in terms of controls...but I was kind of eh with the dual wield weapons, but surprisingly had fun with the "bow and arrow"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Totally understandable...thats why I'm going to get it for xbox or playstation first. Then when my friends get it on PC eventually I'll have a semblance of a clue of what the fuck we're supposed to do.

OT, Just had my first ever experience with any MH and while it's relatively simple(or seems so in the beta) It is really quite fun. I don't know if combat gets more demanding in terms of controls...but I was kind of eh with the dual wield weapons, but surprisingly had fun with the "bow and arrow"
    In terms of controls, its generally the same through with the weapons you choose. You can always switch it up to another weapon if you want. In terms of mechanics, monsters generally get more complicated the higher up you go. I don't know worlds structure, I am basing it on MH3U. You eventually fight sub species (changing their weaknesses and damage type) or other variants of monster (male v female with Rathalos/Rathian and Diablos/Black Diablos) You also eventually unlock the big "bads" of the game, the elder dragons who are much more complicated.

For example

Here is Jade Barroth, who is a sub speices of Barroth, and I know Barroth is in the beta

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Jade_Barroth

Here is regular Barroth's info

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Barroth
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-12-09 at 06:09 PM.

I'm getting the PS4 version, but as for a port being delayed I'm the opposite. I'm okay with it. I would rather they take their time and port it right rather than rush it out and give us a half-assed PC port like most games tend to be nowadays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    In terms of controls, its generally the same through with the weapons you choose. You can always switch it up to another weapon if you want. In terms of mechanics, monsters generally get more complicated the higher up you go. I don't know worlds structure, I am basing it on MH3U. You eventually fight sub species (changing their weaknesses and damage type) or other variants of monster (male v female with Rathalos/Rathian and Diablos/Black Diablos) You also eventually unlock the big "bads" of the game, the elder dragons who are much more complicated.
    Basically you start at low rank. Things don't hit as hard, and move a lot slower. They may also tire more often and enrage less. Then you move on to High Rank. Same monsters, but now they are faster hit harder, don't tire as often and sometimes enrage a LOT more. As far as I can tell MHW doesn't have G rank, but if it does G rank is basically a further step up in difficulty from High Rank. Some monsters are also High or G rank only. Some sub species don't just have different elements, but they may attack in COMPLETELY different ways. For example, in MH3U Lagiacrus was an aquatic monster but the Ivory Lagiacrus tended to stay on land instead.

But once you know the patterns, and the tells for attacks it's actually not too hard to kill most monsters. Very rarely do MH games put you in an "that was an unfair hit!" kinda situation. Usually if you get hit, it was your own fault for not reacting quickly enough or not being prepared with the proper items to counter it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

played a while and its pretty solid. just feels like bigger budget monhun, but i can see why the bugs exist. A beginner that doesnt go "oh hey its salivating and ran off that means meat in zone X" would be lost in the foliage at some parts. Weapons all feels good, Bow remaining my favourite but i keep hitting R1 to charge phials on CB after doing it on CPP for years and in this is sheathes the weapon while R2 is for charging phials and power shots and the like. Overall i'd say CB is my least liked if only because its slightly different in every way. Even the basic combo which used to be a on the spot series out flourishes now has forward momentum to build up the shield stab and unless its some bigass monster like a Tetsucabra at least in multiplayer thats gonna carry your past the monster and be hitting thin air a lot by the feel of it. While everything else remains so similar. Bow in particular feels exactly the same but now with a sidestep dodge which makes spitting attacks moot.

Beta has been fun looking forward to the live release.

Wish I could tell the difference between the PS4 Pro settings but I really can't, Since I can't I just have it chose Framerate.

Mite notice if I play more.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-12-09 at 10:29 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    GF sucks at video games got a long road ahead of me
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    GF sucks at video games got a long road ahead of me
    weapon choice?

10+ Year Old Account
    weapon choice?
    Sucks at everything dies alot in everything, and then i explain something 5m later she forgets how
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks at everything dies alot in everything
    which did they enjoy the most?

10+ Year Old Account
    which did they enjoy the most?
    None, they didnt know how to dodge

10+ Year Old Account
    None, they didnt know how to dodge
    hmmmmm well if they didnt like any weapons the game wont be fun

15+ Year Old Account
    man i'm really liking the bow in world so far.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Havent gotten to play it really that much

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a funny mp4 of 4 people just going full "remember no russian" on that iguana guy

Played nothing but MHW this weekend, hadn't played a MH game since MHF2 on psp(claw grip for life). The charge blade is fantastic, easily my favourite weapon type.

Its been pretty telling i've not heard a single person say they miss Styles in World. That shits dead and never coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its been pretty telling i've not heard a single person say they miss Styles in World. That shits dead and never coming back.
    Did people not like them?

Aerial style+dual blades was pretty stylish and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Did people not like them?

Aerial style+dual blades was pretty stylish and fun.
    A lot of veteran players dislike styles purely because it technically ruined the base experience. The most infamous example was the "aerial greatsword strat" for Nakarkos farming where you literally jumped up, slammed the sword down and repeated it for about 20 minutes and it was near impossible to die. It not only made the game easy mode but completely ignored the mechanics and in doing so the point of the game. They aren't the worst thing ever but for the most part only served as a detriment to the core ideas that kept the series going strong for so long.

Some like Adept/Bushido were nice but theres a reason only 5 or 6 things were kept for MHW.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    A lot of veteran players dislike styles purely because it technically ruined the base experience. The most infamous example was the "aerial greatsword strat" for Nakarkos farming where you literally jumped up, slammed the sword down and repeated it for about 20 minutes and it was near impossible to die. It not only made the game easy mode but completely ignored the mechanics and in doing so the point of the game. They aren't the worst thing ever but for the most part only served as a detriment to the core ideas that kept the series going strong for so long.

Some like Adept/Bushido were nice but theres a reason only 5 or 6 things were kept for MHW.
    I mean, I wouldn't deny it made the game far easier, and I'd consider myself a more veteran player (I've been playing since Freedom Unite at least). I enjoyed though how much it changed up the game style. It was a breath of fresh air for the most part. I just hated how some of the style moves were locked behind certain quests.