Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Professions doesn't generate a single piece of gold..

Gold is generated, primarily from quests and secondary from mob drops..
    Well, i made about 500k gold just by gathering stuff with herbalism. So there ya go

Other than that, Flasks sells pretty well earlier in the expansion.

But for real, professions only make gold at the start of an expansion and sometimes on a new patch.

you can make some profit with professions, but if you want gold you will just have to play the AH game like everyone else thats rich
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    Well, i made about 500k gold just by gathering stuff with herbalism. So there ya go

Other than that, Flasks sells pretty well earlier in the expansion.

But for real, professions only make gold at the start of an expansion and sometimes on a new patch.

you can make some profit with professions, but if you want gold you will just have to play the AH game like everyone else thats rich
    Make a profit != make gold..
    You gathered herbs, true... But someone else gathered the gold from quests/mobs and you traded gold for herbs..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Make a profit != make gold..
    You gathered herbs, true... But someone else gathered the gold from quests/mobs and you traded gold for herbs..
    Lol please. You know what he means. Just grasping for straws.

Erhm, I use LW, JC, tailor and BS + little engineer to make gold every day...Making 40k a day pure profit at least. So yea, dont think professions are useless.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Lol please. You know what he means. Just grasping for straws.
    I know he's grasping for straws.. Because I made it pretty clear the first time, how gold i made, yet he wrote what he did..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I am a bit rustled that Blizz removed all exclusivity from each profession. Everything that made spending the time and energy into a profession worthwhile was removed. Now everything and anything can be bought and sold on the auction house.

i dont know men

- - - Updated - - -

i dont knoow

Blizzard ruined Inscription, I spend days on end farming for those rare Glyphs, camping spawns.
    Also bought tons of books costing 2000 gold back in WoTLK, which was quite a sum back in the day.
    Only to have them all being removed.
    So long and thanks for the fish... :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason Blizz ruined professions is because of what happened in TBC and to a lesser extent in Wrath. The 3-piece sets tailors got in TBC were so good that some people used them up to Sunwell. These items were available the second you reached 70 and though you had to farm for ages to make the mats, they were just too good to pass up.

Then you had the blacksmith weapons, most notably Stunherald that were used to dominate arena before the PVP revamp and everyone got PVP gear. Blizz themselves have said they made profession gear too valuable and this is why every bit of craft-able gear since then has steadily gone downhill. Sure, some pieces here and there were still superb (trinkets/alchemy items and jewellery) but looking back, how many others were as memorable ?

Professions are what captured me into Wow. For a long time now (Cats maybe) I've felt that professions have been a damn shame. There were moments in Mop but they were fleeting and more about serious alt leveling support than anything else.

The biggest problem with Professions, specifically the crafting ones like Blacksmithing has been the time series math problem.

Gear crafting I'm Vanilla and TBC for the most part was a huge boon and made a difference that was felt. We also seemed to use gear much longer. Now, especially in WoD and Legion, gear for the leveling segment feels nearly superfluous. When it comes to max level crafting, blizzard has always wanted to avoid either pissing off Raiders or making the crafting feel necessary. Why in the fuck they don't just make sets that are Boe entry level gear for max level I will never understand. Mop was close and probably the best we will ever see/get.

Make professions great again! haha Seriously they are not very intuitive atm and don't have many rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Kivana View Post
    The reason Blizz ruined professions is because of what happened in TBC and to a lesser extent in Wrath. The 3-piece sets tailors got in TBC were so good that some people used them up to Sunwell. These items were available the second you reached 70 and though you had to farm for ages to make the mats, they were just too good to pass up.

Then you had the blacksmith weapons, most notably Stunherald that were used to dominate arena before the PVP revamp and everyone got PVP gear. Blizz themselves have said they made profession gear too valuable and this is why every bit of craft-able gear since then has steadily gone downhill. Sure, some pieces here and there were still superb (trinkets/alchemy items and jewellery) but looking back, how many others were as memorable ?
    And yet ironically this was a social problem with the game. Yet again, Blizz ruined or annihilated an awesome part of the game because they couldn't be bothered to fix gear drops. It's the most annoying circle jerk ever. PvP players whine and they need something that hits the pve crowd. Raiders bitch about profession or mats, they just remove the entire section of crafting. Mean while there is this section of players who get trampled over because they want to flow between the sections of the games and are stupidly punished for it.

Professions should be an alternative not a mandate and certainly not fucking absent in an MMO. Yet blizzard has basically removed their worth including tailoring now that bag space is less in demand.

Professions are an ancient mechanic from the days of Everquest and Classic WoW. They don't really belong in the new WoW where the main design paradigm is grind mythic+ for titanforges or afk in Dalaran.

Professions don't need fixing so much as the rest of the game needs fixing such that professions aren't totally unneeded.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Blame the players? We don't make the decisions.
    No, we cry as long as it takes to Blizz making a decision.

Crafting Profs that make gear are pretty awful. I finally got rid of my LW yesterday after having it since I created my alt in WotLK. BS is just as bad. The amount of work that goes into creating one of those items doesnt pay off. Tailoring would be just as bad if it didnt allow you to make bags. Blizz was supposed to make Profs worth doing again but besides making a crap ton of gold in Alchemy, Profs have been terrible in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could just... you know... fix them?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Or they could just... you know... fix them?
    Well I'm convinced none of the devs play the game or give a shit about anyone who likes professions. There is no other clear example of this than Inscription.

Blizzards methodoly on this topic and nearly every other seems to go like this...

This isn't perfect what should we Do?
    Scrap the whole thing.
    Shouldn't we just make adjustments?
    No fuck that, too hard.
    Ok but then what?
    We will just create something New!
    What happens when that needs adjustments?
    We will scrap that shit too!!!

Oh look its another thread where if you cant boost/skip something we should just remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Remove professions as they are now and bake the items into the loot rotations, weekly rewards, or just make stuff purchasable with the obscene amounts of gold we get these days?

Professions as they are now, seem to be generally denounced on my server (Wyrmrest Accord) as relics of a bygone era. They exist only because Blizzard thinks we need the nostalgic feeling of mass producing greens and blues for a week to be able to make 2 or 3 items or 4 to 6 enchants of value.

Obviously making professions matter requires effort and "resources" (whatever that means) on Blizzard's part which they certainly have no inclination to give at this point, so why not just do what they always do and "bake-in" professions into vendor items or special micro-holiday prizes?

If anything, I would LOVE to see professions mean something to our characters, but there are a LOT of things I would love to see that will just never happen, so in true blizz fashion, take the easy road and just put this system to death and move on.

Do you agree or do you actually find some meaning in these "professions" or, as I like to call them, a negative waste of time?
    REMOVE PROFESSIONS???

ARE YOU KIDDING ME LOL???

HOLY HELL IT'S ALL GETTING SO OUT OF HAND OK!!!

WHEN WILL THE HANDOUTS END LOL??

WHEN WE HAVE ONE BUTTON LEFT.....THAT ONESHOTS.....AND HAS UNLIMITED RANGE.....AND NO FACING REQ, SO ONE HARDLY EVEN HAS TO KNOW ANYTHING LOL???

BLIZZ, IF YOU KEEP REMOVING THINGS, NOTHING WILL BE LEFT OF YOUR GAME OK!!!

Oh my lol.....really there???

No, let's not OK, since it's an EXTREMELY bad idea!!!

See, this is why I need to watch mmochamp from time to time, since Blizz, ya'll REALLY want me to be here to snap y'all back into reality, when someone comes along asking for something like THIS!!!

And oh how disgusting "this" really and truly is.

Goodness!!!

Blizz, why don't you just remove the entire game lol??

Since it's not needed right???

I cannot even begin Blizz, to stress to you how EXTREMELY important it is that you DO NOT do things like this, because to do so....is removing like giant CHUNKS of the game lol.....you see.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehatter View Post
    I don't mind professions as i have the choice to ignore they exist and i make so much gold that i can just be lazy and goto the AH and buy what i want with out having to farm mats, what i do mind is stupid fn quests to unlock new recipes.

There are many collectors in the World of Warcraft, Some collect Transmog, some collect bosses kills, some collect spines from your enemy :P.. but some people out there like professions and want to collect all recipies as they can.

Now imagine a world were you have leveled a main and x amount of alts just so you can have every profession and you managed to max out them all every expansion but this expansion, you are told that to get new recipes you have to do quests & done such a way you cant get them all once in one day. Now if i was this person i would be thinking ...... FFS i have to do these stupid quests weeks on end on EVERY alt

F THIS!

TL - DR ... Profs are fine just annoyed with how you obtain new recipes :P xx
    Guys, I want to point out here.....that it's not really what any of us want that really matters with this.....

The reason, is because professions lol, are quite frankly a VERY big and even important part of wow history.

It's a horrid idea, it really is, and I am SO DISGUSTED that there is even any real debate about this here.

The fact that there is a debate about it is very telling OK......it really is there "The WoW community."

Anyone have a vomit bag???

*MIC DROP*

*Elvis has left the building*
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-12-23 at 08:11 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"