Poll: Should Titanforging be Removed from the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    needs to go back to warforged (+5 and + 10) but they are keeping it so w/e. Will enjoy our titanforged weapons in BfA

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'm not sure. On the one hand it's probably responsible for inflating the ilvl requirements for pugs (Then again they're always stupidly high anyway), on the other it's really nice to get a massive upgrade like when my Mythic 10 boots titanforged to 955.

Remove it 100%. I think it's the single worst thing to be added to the game other than LFR and PvP stat templates. It devalues hard work and effort in difficult content. It gives people gear they didn't earn and makes gear worthless and meaningless. It incentives behaviours that leads to burnout such as farming old outdated content over and over for the hopes of winning the lottery on a given item (BTI, CoF, NH tier). I have never seen a game mechanic so unanimously hated (other than the legendary system perhaps) and still remain in the game. I can't believe Blizzard isn't deleting this failed experiment completely for BFA.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Obligatory "Jaylock topic".

I would like to see it removed. Gearing even with +5/10 AND socket AND extra stat is a chore. Best gear is non-existent, and I'm not okay with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Should titanforged gear stay in the game or be removed alltogether?
    I'm not sure if you watched the Blizzcon feeds or if you've read anything about BfA, but this is pointless question. They've decided they like Titanforging and it's staying.

And that means I'm staying unsubbed.

Titanforging should be removed. We should go back to the rare +5/+10 WF procs we used to have. But anyway, it's pointless, they've said TF is staying.. so whatevvvs..

10+ Year Old Account
    The tears alone is worth it staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyz View Post
    The tears alone is worth it staying.
    Yeah gear upgrades should be meaningless in a rpg I agree.

I still remember the days of titanforged ashkandi, those were the days

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

If they didn't have special art/effects for gear as well as exclusive titles, mounts, etc. for higher difficulties, I would agree. Hate to break it to you, but there is much, much more to "progression" in today's MMO RPG's other than gear - which is a good thing. Gear should be a means to an "end," not the ultimate goal/reward of the end. I hate many things about GW2 but when it comes to gear, but they get it right more than wrong (still not perfect/ideal - it goes too far in the other direction for a MMO RPG imo.)
    Last edited by azurrei; 2017-12-10 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

You pretty much got schooled already so that saves me the time

Remove.

/10char

Removed and added as tokens to upgrade your gear.

Titanforging isn't the problem. Item level as a concept is.

The goal behind wf / tf system is to give everyone a RNG-based incentive to do older content, keeping entire expansion relevant -- rather than as it was in the past where it worked like "When patch x.1 comes out x.0 content is instantly worthless. x.2 does the same to x.1;" -- etc.; It's unsustainable and it is what leads to content draughts. wf / tf is a lesser evil in this case, until Blizz realizes they just need to re-do gear progression system and step away from over 200 item levels spanning 3 raid tiers.

The RNG -is- annoying but it gets the job done, and it is a lot less soul-destroying than mop's way of doing things that gave you 5 valor points per daily and had no cap on dailies.

I keep seeing raiders saying 'well it destroys gear progression...!' -- tell me, was WoD fun for you? When all you had to do was p. much raids and -ONLY- raids? wf/tf may be annoying but it is good for the game in the long run, as it keeps people other than 'raid or die' playing. And trust me; You want them to keep playing if you want the devs to get paid to make your precious raid tiers.

And finally; So what? So a person got a higher item level pants than you. Did it make that person a better player? Did it make -you- a worse player? Are you jealous because people can compete with you and make your raids go faster by being lucky? Are you a progression / world first mythic raider who rolled 11 of the same class just to have extra chances for a good legendary before the raids opened? Your raids are still tuned for item levels below what it drops, with everything else just being there to help you, or those that struggle along the way. There's no objective negatives to this system other than exposing that raiding isn't fun for the majority of the playerbase when given other options, hence why people say raiding scene will die if they even as much as cap titanforging at mythic raid ilevel.

The bigger picture answer is -- The system should stay. Should it be tuned? Absolutely. But I haven't heard any 'valid' reasons for why it's bad, beyond tryhard lootwhores being tryhard lootwhores. Which -- let's be real -- is a personal problem.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2017-12-10 at 08:00 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was of the opinion that TF ought to be straight removed. But I've come to the conclusion that, much like flight or LFD, is something that cannot be removed, not without massive QQ'ing anyway. Without TF, there would be no way for casual players to participate in more challenging content, which most people (not guildies) require you to obscenely outgear it before you can even step in.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an alright mechanic they just took way too far.

Stay, just lower the probability of very high forges.

Kill it with fire. Also, I like how you've preemptively done your 180 flip on how much you like Blizzard/systems in WoW, usually it takes you until at least beta.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it'll ever go away. It's an elegant way to "nerf" content over time without needing zone buffs.

(On top of the replay value and psychological reasons for RNG drops)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Titanforging isn't the problem. Item level as a concept is.
    Titanforging is absolutely the problem. Titanforging is a big part of why raid tuning has been shit in Legion, is the reason they're removing tier(because instead of removing the cause of the tier-issues, they're removing tier itself) and it breaks gear progression by giving loot that is massively disproportionate to the skill/effort required for an activity.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I would keep titanforging up to a "heroic itemlevel", but capped to maintain high m+ and mythic raids more ilevel.

Confirmed staying in BFA