Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If they were actually legitimate ads and not trying to hack my computer, i might think about turning it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    You are being paid with whatever you went to that website for.
    Uh, lol, no.

Here's the problem, it's not illegal to ad block. And regardless of whether sites want us to turn off ad blocking add-ons we're under no obligation to do so. Frankly I don't care one iota if a site goes down because they can't generate enough revenue to keep going. That's their problem, they certainly aren't going to give me money when they make profits, why do they expect me to shoulder the burden of their inability to run a business correctly and passively generate money for them? Want to make money off ads that you want to shove in my face? Then pay me a portion of the proceeds to watch them and do the required legwork to ensure it's not malware infested garbage. Until that happens I have no reason whatsoever to whitelist a site.

Deleted
    Didn't Chrome give apps the boot?

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Didn't Chrome give apps the boot?
    I don't think so. I still have my addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use script block and adblock because sometimes sites have ads that hijack the very thing you're viewing and take you to a completely different page, no not a new tab but a new page and then having to go back is a pain in the ass because they keep taking you back to it. It happens even moreso on a phone, which triggers the ever living fuck out of me.

So maybe until they actively sift through and ensure ads aren't that cancer, then maybe, just maybe I'll consider taking it off. Until then, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guessing the op isn't getting ad revenue from his crap website since everyone else has the common sense to ad block.
    #boycottchina

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Use minimalist, non-shit ads and I won't block them. For example, I use adblock here on MMO-Champion, but some ads still get through. Which ones? Ones that are at most a bar across the top/bottom of the page, and maybe one more below the posting box. Those ads I am fine with.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    They wouldn't be if you stopped using adblock.
    Before adblock adds were becoming more and more intrusive. Bigger, harder to close (jumping around when trying to click X) with added sound effects. Thats the reason why even adblock was intended. So no, Im not gonna stop use this program. Theres already few sites that block acces with enabled adblock/ublock. Guess what? I just stopped visit them and found other sites. Nothing will force me to watch all this adds.

I don't mind the ones that are just there at the top/sides that mind their own business, per se.

But then there are the obnoxious adds that pop up/minimize your shit, play a loud video or are just plain malware and those need to DIAFF. This is why I will not turn adblocker off.

You are stealing potential ad revenue by using adblock. There is a reason so many sites have begun to force premium services as of lately to pay off the hosting costs.
    How do you feel about it? Should every site cost to access?
    Your logic is flawed by any and all examples possible.
    Ad Revenue? Did I sign up to view ads on ANY service when I subscribed to my ISP? When I went to MMO-Champion.com, for example, did they give me a Terms of Service agreement to sign before I could view any of their content, or make me use a subscription model? Then no, it's not stealing. People are injecting their self into our services and get mad when we block it, and you want to call it theft from our side? No. The ad companies pay the web hosting service based on X factors, which is not settled upon by the end client by any means what so ever. We never agreed to see any of it.

If I wanted to watch infomercials when I surfed the net, I would go to infomercial.com and see what's up. If MMO-Champion wants to charge me to view their content, without adverts, then that's their business. Otherwise, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    Uh, lol, no.

Here's the problem, it's not illegal to ad block. And regardless of whether sites want us to turn off ad blocking add-ons we're under no obligation to do so. Frankly I don't care one iota if a site goes down because they can't generate enough revenue to keep going. That's their problem, they certainly aren't going to give me money when they make profits, why do they expect me to shoulder the burden of their inability to run a business correctly and passively generate money for them? Want to make money off ads that you want to shove in my face? Then pay me a portion of the proceeds to watch them and do the required legwork to ensure it's not malware infested garbage. Until that happens I have no reason whatsoever to whitelist a site.
    The question isn't if it is illegal.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Do something about it.

Ads annoy me and I'm not interested in viewing or listening to them, nor allowing my browser to load them.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    After this post, I'm going to use my uBlock Origin to block this thread because you just stole 30 secs of my life reading this nonsense and replying. Thank you.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    Your "There's too many ads now because people use adblock" theory goes down the drain the moment you realize ads existed before adblocks, waaaaayy before.

Websites may have adds as part of their business model, but I am under no obligation to look at said adds let alone tkae note of them no-script and add-blocker are simply the most convenient and pleasant way of not looking at adds.
    If you seriously want me to pay attention to your adds (other than wishing your company a swift and permanent bankruptcy) make the adds pleasant and interesting.

You are stealing potential ad revenue by using adblock. There is a reason so many sites have begun to force premium services as of lately to pay off the hosting costs.
    How do you feel about it? Should every site cost to access?
    mmmochampion is beyond guilty of fucking stupid invasive and obnoxious ads. If i can browse a website without using double the resources or wait twice to 3x as long for it to load then maby, but as it is i use it for sites like news sites and others that just make browsing next to impossible with the amount of ads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ad block came about because ads were loud, invasive and often carried malware. That hasn't changed.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

10+ Year Old Account
    the only reason adblock exists is because of malicious ads
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I bet OP is also the type of person who wants Net Neutrality abolished too.
    I'm getting them kinda vibes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using antivirus software is stealing! You're depriving me of revenue by preventing your system from being turned into a spam spewing DDOS zombie for my profit!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters