10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh, neato.

Heroic adventures launched broken, so they aren't resetting like they're supposed to.

Literally what the fuck has Bungie been doing since the game launched? A mediocre, far smaller than anticipated DLC with underwhelming content, a laundry list of issues that they're slowly working on, still no word on making chat remotely useful on PC...

Man, if they didn't make a game that was so damn fun and satisfying to actually play I'd actually be pretty upset with this. But since they at least nailed that, and that's arguably the most important part, I'm just mildly annoyed and amused.
    At this point, I'm in the same boat I was with The Division, at launch. There's the bones of something great, but it needs more meat. But the bones are REALLY GOOD. The gunplay is solid and feels "right", the impact feels worthwhile (unlike The Division in endgame early on, which got REALLY bullet-soaky), the mobility is great, the aesthetics are top-notch, even raid design seems solid to me.

I'm looking forward to the stuff on the 12th (especially Masterworks, which fill the one niggle I really had with gearing), and while there's stuff I want to see (some decent procedural soloable grindy content, some more puzzle-y stuff, etc), I'm not totally unhappy either. I'm not gonna log in to register 6+ hours a day grinding constantly week in, week out, but I don't WANT that kind of commitment. Give me a couple days' worth of milestones to hit, and some grindy variety I can solo on my own, and I'm more or less satisfied. Right now, the latter basically boils down to "run public events", which gets boring (not strictly solo, but I don't need to get a fire team).

The absolute seething hatred some people over all this is just weird and amusing, as you stated. You guys realize this is just a game, right? You can just, like, go do something else. Even if you feel your money is completely wasted, it's only $60. At some point, you've either gotta realize that it's just not worth that kind of anger, or you need to realize it isn't about the game, or the money, it's about you wanting to be angry about something.

Man, if they didn't make a game that was so damn fun and satisfying to actually play I'd actually be pretty upset with this. But since they at least nailed that, and that's arguably the most important part, I'm just mildly annoyed and amused.
    That's a good way of putting it, imagine I'm in the same boat. I enjoy the pvp a ton, and the raids are fun. Everything else could use work, but it being meh doesn't outweigh how fun I'm finding the bits I do find fun.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Ok really stupid question.

Playing the new Osiris dlc and did the first quest that takes you to Mercury to talk to the dude. And now I have nothing, can’t find another Osiris quest anywhere except the public events that happen on Mercury.

Halp!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Ok really stupid question.

Playing the new Osiris dlc and did the first quest that takes you to Mercury to talk to the dude. And now I have nothing, can’t find another Osiris quest anywhere except the public events that happen on Mercury.

Halp!
    EDZ should have the next quest.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    EDZ should have the next quest.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Besides the fact that you can't...

1) Do Nightfall's.
    2) Do the prestige raid/nightfall (I do believe the normal raid as well).
    3) Do some of the exotic quests like Rat King.
    4) Do Curse of Osiris.
    5) Use Guided Games (since it was tied to Nightfall's/Raids).
    6) Milestones.

Totally has the same long term gameplay if all you do is public events. People are not "whining" just to do it. People are pissed that Bungie once again cut content from the base game and require you to buy the DLC to play what you already owned.

How would you feel if I sold you a house and 2 months later took it from you and said now pay me half of what you originally paided to get it back.

If someone was to buy the game now with no DLC, It would be a shell of what it was and that wasn't much to begin with.

Edit: People are also pissed that the first DLC was a fucken joke.
    I believe someone already confirmed you can still do Nightfall and raid just not prestige. So at most you're only locked out of a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That's a good way of putting it, imagine I'm in the same boat. I enjoy the pvp a ton, and the raids are fun. Everything else could use work, but it being meh doesn't outweigh how fun I'm finding the bits I do find fun.
    I enjoy the pve content but pvp is to team based to the point of being unfun sometimes.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-12-11 at 04:00 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Well, point is it is not fully playable after the DLC. Content got taken away and there is no denying it. This is a fact and any subjective view on this matter is meaningless. If you still have fun with the game is another topic.
    From my perspective the game is no fun at all anymore as it completely lacks long term gameplay. The reason is simply bungie moving from a real looter shooter to a mere collection shooter. Get everything in two weeks and be done with the game.
    The idea they went with for D2 is fine though. The real problem is there just isn't enough loot to do this with. There should be hundreds of guns right now for it to be sustainable as is. Each DLC/Expansion needs to add a numerous amount more as well. Since they couldn't do that, they should have had the same gun have three different potential "loadouts". One is super rare, one is fairly rare, and the other is fairly common. It would actually add a little bit more to the game. I do agree though that they screwed the pooch by making it a loot collection shooter, simply because they didn't include enough different items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I enjoy the pve content but pvp is to team based to the point of being fun.
    My issue with the PvP is it went hyper-team focused. Which is fine in one right, but at least in D1 If I was better than the other team I could kill them all, Now if it's 2v1 good luck killing even one of them. That and the fact that it's completely inconsistent as well for me. So I can tell the games aren't on dedicated servers. Which for PC is pretty shit. It's just horrible to feel like you're a step ahead one game then completely sluggish the next. And literally sluggish, I feel my shots are slower to register, gun shoots slower, I move slower etc.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I enjoy the pve content but pvp is to team based to the point of being fun.
    Its funny, because it feels like a breath of fresh air away from the hyper team based-ness of overwatch for me.

Yeah ya still have team shooting but its not nearly as team based otherwise you wouldn't see people like krafty running around hard carrying 3 totally random people.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its funny, because it feels like a breath of fresh air away from the hyper team based-ness of overwatch for me.

Yeah ya still have team shooting but its not nearly as team based otherwise you wouldn't see people like krafty running around hard carrying 3 totally random people.
    I've seen stream of people get to master in overwatch in less than 3 hours but I don't know if that's even possible solo on a game like destiny. Which is why I stopped playing it.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-12-11 at 04:19 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

JT and zep still in here crying. LOL weeks and weeks later. Expansion for me was solid, but the raid lair, i LOVE. thematically and the final boss are up there with my favorites. New loot is fun overall and heroic strikes are nice to have, i hope they get modifiers soon though! i want some burns in strikes! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The problem is a lot of those conspiracy theories have turned out true over the past few months if not from destiny 1 itself. From things like why things are gated to experience gains being throttled to content getting locked for players who don't get the DLC even though it was accessible before.
    Oh yeah, I agree there's been a lot of shady shit and problems. Especially so with the XP issues and gating previous content behind the DLC. Completely unacceptable and I've been vocal about these issues. In this instance was just pointing out the mentality of the crazies like Zephyr, who actually think that Prometheus Lens is an intentionally nefarious bug on Bungie's part and how it's absolutely ridiculous. Then again, as is most of what he says. Dude thinks I'm a shill because I enjoy some parts of the game and create videos for it, despite my posts constantly including the issues I think the game has, and even the very post he's talking about includes how lackluster I think the DLC is outside of the raid lair lol. I just don't like his approach of writing rage novels to anyone who's opinion is different than his and calling them an idiot. And think it's ridiculous to conspire that Prometheus Lens is anything but a bug right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argos encounter is great, in a lot of ways: environment, mechanics, complexity, verticality, etc.

Maybe one day we'll play some game that combines WoW-like raiding with Destiny-like graphics and art?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Eh.

Dont judge game because of forum whine. Never.

Game is still fun and fully playable. It is just looter shooter. Sure there are problems, sure Bungie seems shady at best.

Forums have tendency to hyperbolize everything out of proportions. I was kinda pissed on shallow gameplay, but logged to check some stuff (minly did clan do something) and spended more than hour just having fun with awesome mechanics.
    I'm not going off of just what the forums have to say. I use multiple sources, and they're all agreeing that while D2 is a decent game, it's also being handled poorly. And as Battlefront 2 is illustrating, players are sick of being ripped off. Especially when the game is not only not moving forward, but backwards.

Welp, the added strike was even more underwhelming than I thought it would be. It's literally just a campaign mission : /

Yeah, this is definitely one of the more disappointing DLC's I can remember purchasing. Hope they step their game way up for the next DLC, definitely needs a lot of changes in between and then for the next DLC to be a helluva lot meatier. Mercury is way too small and the amount of additional added content outside of the raid (haven't done the raid or the nightfall) is pretty lackluster.

Welp, the added strike was even more underwhelming than I thought it would be. It's literally just a campaign mission : /

Yeah, this is definitely one of the more disappointing DLC's I can remember purchasing. Hope they step their game way up for the next DLC, definitely needs a lot of changes in between and then for the next DLC to be a helluva lot meatier. Mercury is way too small and the amount of additional added content outside of the raid (haven't done the raid or the nightfall) is pretty lackluster.
    Don’t get your hopes up for anything significant or worthwhile until at least the major expansion that will most likely drop next Fall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Oh yeah, I agree there's been a lot of shady shit and problems. Especially so with the XP issues and gating previous content behind the DLC. Completely unacceptable and I've been vocal about these issues. In this instance was just pointing out the mentality of the crazies like Zephyr, who actually think that Prometheus Lens is an intentionally nefarious bug on Bungie's part and how it's absolutely ridiculous. Then again, as is most of what he says. Dude thinks I'm a shill because I enjoy some parts of the game and create videos for it, despite my posts constantly including the issues I think the game has, and even the very post he's talking about includes how lackluster I think the DLC is outside of the raid lair lol. I just don't like his approach of writing rage novels to anyone who's opinion is different than his and calling them an idiot. And think it's ridiculous to conspire that Prometheus Lens is anything but a bug right now.
    It’s actually quite comical that you are calling me a conspiracy theorist when Bungie has actually pulled shit like this before. They have called something a bug when it was actually intended and vice versa. Other times they’ve straight up lied about something and then got caught on it later.

Does the 0.04% damage buff to auto rifles patch ring a bell? That was the official change that was made and Bungie claimed it to be the right amount even though anyone with half a brain knew that wasn’t the intended value. The buff literally did nothing to increase auto rifle damage at a time when auto rifles were absolute shit. But Bungie didn’t want to lose face with the community and went with the wrong/bugged value anyway.

This one isn’t so much a lie on their part, but what about when all health regen perks in the game got unintentionally affected by the nerf that was only supposed to affect one specific perk? Instead of fixing it, Bungie just said fuck it and left it all as is and said, “We will just see how this all plays out.” And it ended up making some of those perks next to useless. Especially the subclass ones.

And what about the nerfs to hand cannons affecting Golden Gun for ages and Bungie actually denying it for awhile before finally saying, “That’s our bad. We will get around to fixing it.......sometime.”?

Not to mention the countless other lies and screw ups that they got called out on and they either straight up denied shit or didn’t come out until much later and say that they indeed were wrong. Most of the time, if it hadn’t been for the dedicated Reddit community catching this shit and calling them out on it, Bungie would have never said shit and left things broken as hell.

So to think that the Prometheus Lens shipped as intended but Bungie is claiming it’s a bug to try and save face is not far fetched at all. They’ve literally done this before. Multiple times even. And a lot of it is probably due to their shitty to nonexistent Quality Control and/or general ineptitude. But they’d rather lie after the fact in order to try and hide all of that.

Keep going around this thread claiming I’m the crazy one, when in reality you’re the crazy one who keeps drinking the Bungie Koolaid and denying reality.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-12-11 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    -snip-
    To think they'd intentionally ship a weapon with a ~0.3 second TTK is insane. The extra damage ticks working as they do are very obviously unintended. No matter how incompetent you think they are, or the lack of faith you have, it just makes no sense for that to be your goto thought. It just shows your bias against them and reads like a conspiracy theorist. They acknowledged it's a bug (very obviously...) and it'll be fixed this week. In the meantime they sold it to everyone to counter that, and half their devs have been making jokes about it as well.

Should have it have been bugged in the first place? Nope. But claiming it was intentional for them to ship a 0.3 sec TTK in a slow meta and trying to cover their ass is simply dumb. I get that you hate Bungie and the "corporate overlords", but that's next level dude lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Keep going around this thread claiming I’m the crazy one, when in reality you’re the crazy one who keeps drinking the Bungie Koolaid and denying reality.
    Hahaha... again, I have said countless times there are issues with the game. I also said in the very posts you're talking about how lackluster I thought the DLC was too. I've been vocal about it to anyone who asks. So repeating the same lie about me being a shill, some sort of Bungie fanboy and having no issues doesn't make it anymore true. Just shows that you need to put words in my mouth to try and prove your point, even though it's a blatant lie.

The game has faults, but I'm not going to bitch about them 24/7 or attack others for finding some part enjoyable (I'm not so insecure that I get upset when somebody enjoys something I don't). And I'm not going to claim some conspiracy theory about a weapon being very obviously bugged being an intentional thing lol.

Back to ignoring you again, just don't like somebody spreading lies about me and wanted to clear it up. Although at this stage I think you're just stuck in the lie and will keep saying it no matter what or being proven otherwise, even when the posts you quote contradicts that entire point - so probably not even worth my time. Keep up the conspiracies though, it's good for a laugh at the very least!

The fact that everything passes through the Infinite Forest AND the strikes were just the Campaign mission (by the exact same name) did make me go : ////////////////////////////////////////

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Back to ignoring you again, just don't like somebody spreading lies and wanted to clear it up.
    How is it a lie when u can spend 2min's on google and prove everything he said right? Oh wait you shill for Destiny on Youtube that explains a lot... Got to keep making that Destiny money.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How is it a lie when u can spend 2min's on google and prove everything he said right? Oh wait you shill for Destiny on Youtube that explains a lot... Got to keep making that Destiny money.
    You can't prove it...he said he thinks it's deliberate. You can only prove the outcome, not the intent. Unless you got a mind-reading machine I'm stumped.

On another note: wish I could make Destiny money T.T
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-12-11 at 12:41 PM.