Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wouldnt shed a tear iof the shitcanned every single dev and replaced them with people who are not only competent but have a passion for the game . For Fucks sake just watch the latest Blizzcon and the lack of energy Ion had when talking. Almost every dev they trotted out looked like they would rather be doing something else. I get that its a 13 year old game and they probably want to be doing something New and ground breaking. But this is Blizzard.they stopped doing that years ago. all they do now is re-hash and re-use
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I hope Ion is next on the chopping block.
    Disagree, he's a fantastic encounter designer and that is exactly what he should be doing-- not directing the entire game.

Good riddance. What happened to Demo is a disgrace and he should've been fired for letting that go live, not to mention what he did to other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I wouldnt shed a tear iof the shitcanned every single dev and replaced them with people who are not only competent but have a passion for the game . For Fucks sake just watch the latest Blizzcon and the lack of energy Ion had when talking. Almost every dev they trotted out looked like they would rather be doing something else. I get that its a 13 year old game and they probably want to be doing something New and ground breaking. But this is Blizzard.they stopped doing that years ago. all they do now is re-hash and re-use
    I disagree. Ion is always very chill. He's not Tom Cruise jumping up and down on Oprah's couch. He is passionate about the game and wants it to succeed. Everyone on the Dev Team wants that.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yep. Look at the feature list for BfA. Almost everything is a rehash or an iteration of the same content.

The only new thing is Warfronts.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't agree with you more.
    What is there to add at this point? Expansions are about creating new zones, new dungeons, new raids, new gear, new classes and/or races and, a fun story.

What more do you want?

Thank fuckin' christ.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

The class redesigns were an experiment. Some worked, some did not. Ion said they will be changing the specs that did not work out. I imagine over time, many of the classes will be overhauled. I doubt class fantasy is going away though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Already a thread on this and lol if you think one guy who did balancing going to a different team is suddenly going to make all of your dreams come true
    He was just the face of all the stupidity, however he was always the one letting his emotions get in the way when people told him they were fucking up.

Hopefully they keep the next guy anonymous, so the perpetual internet angry mob dies from not knowing who to blame next.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

My conversation with him was really short - he simply blocked my twitter account after first message. I hope Ion with his crappy direction of development and especially Holinka with his dead but constantly forced PVP - are next.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-12-11 at 06:40 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Hopefully they keep the next guy anonymous, so the perpetual internet angry mob dies from not knowing who to blame next.
    You're not wrong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    My conversation with him was really short - he simply blocked my twitter account after first message. I hope Ion with his crappy direction of development and especially Holinka with his dead but constantly forced PVP - are next.
    Reading your post history, that's probably the right thing to do btw.

Ps. Holinka has left the team already. lol, do try to keep up with your whining.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Really? Mind posting your tweet to him so we can judge whether it was really a "conversation," or in your case was more likely a word assault to Celestalon.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Cant wait till you guys miss him.
    dictator's handbook to securing power: Always assign someone more incompetent than you were, that way when you come back to depose them(to a nice vacation destination or public execution is up to you.) you're seen as the one who makes everyone's lives better.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Greg said two important things on this subject,
    1: The game is designed by a team, not individuals.
    2: You blame the name you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Being demoted to a card game has got to sting.
    Well it's making more than WoW with a fraction of the people, isn't it...

Well, I only hope we won't have a "celestalon twatter" posts on main page of mmo-c now, like we had for ages with GC's.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Um... wrong.

GC went back and forth with players constantly, albeit in more 'respectfully debate than argue' mode, often defending controversial changes and even controversial things that he, himself, said.

Need an example? In BC/Wrath he was an obstacle for the warrior community, because back then we had a lot of issues and a lot of things other tanks flat out did better... but because (back then) more people played warrior tanks than any other, GC replied to us with:

"There are more warrior tanks than any other class. Why should we buff the most popular tank?"

Literally, verbatim, he said that.

When people complained about the initially-brutal difficulty of Cataclysm heroics, GC posted a blog that basically could be distilled down to 'get better at the game'. Mind you I actually agreed with most of what he said in that blog, but it still offended a LOT of people.

There are many, many, many other instances of his pissing people off. It happened so much that Blizzard actually told him to stop talking with players so much, per his own words.

But hey don't let me get in the way of ya'll tearing into the new Ghostcrawler, AKA Celestalon. You know, the only guy that worked on classes in Legion.
    Wasn't this bitch fest by the warriors initiated because Paladins in lesser gear were more efficient in 5 mans and bears had season 2 which also made them aoe monsters? I seem to recall that by and large Warriors were not only more popular in numbers but also supported the best seat at boss tanking in Raids which was his point. Their argument was "sure we are amazing 1v1 tanks but we want to be as good as the others are at Aoe! /tears"

All these "the design is done by the team, it's not just one guy" pseudo-points are non-starters.

The central question is: did the design get better? And it didn't. With all the years and the humongous effort they sank into it and tons of patch notes accompanied by player tears, class design did not get much better than it was before. It got a little better in places, a little worse in other places. This is quite a conviction.

And so, fine, that lack of a result is on the team, all cool. But what does this say about Celestalon who was part of that team for a long time? This says that he is, well, likely pretty terrible. Because all the team he was on managed to do is spend a lot of time to produce 135 small steps forward and 129 small steps back. All the while infuriating players with a constant stream of stupid changes that are hardly making anything better yet force players to relearn, readjust, give up what they liked, and sometimes switch specs and classes.

That's all there is to it. If class design was great, we'd all be praising Celestalon and going "oh, no, why you are leaving WoW, please stay, you were so good", despite the fact that he is not doing all class design by himself. And it would be sincere and true. Since class design is pretty terrible, we are instead having this thread largely going "good riddance". And this is true - good riddance indeed, you showed nothing of value and lots of arrogance, so no tears shed at all.

Definitely a demotion even though HS is supposedly the hotter commodity right now lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Well it's making more than WoW with a fraction of the people, isn't it...
    The amount of money it makes isn’t relevant unless you’re the one in charge of dishing it out.