Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1) For both parties to be financially stable
    2) To have lived with my partner for a period before marriage
    3) Most underlying conflicts and differences should be ironed out
    4) To be with someone that makes you feel that whatever time you spend with her is never enough
    5) Both parties must be able to get along with each other's family

Deleted
    I don't think I'll ever want to get married.

As it exists right now? Lobotomy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

To be able to end a marriage and not have your wife take all your money

Every intelligent person should say prenup. If they dont, they really have no place getting married.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Every intelligent person should say prenup. If they dont, they really have no place getting married.
    Yeah, if I marry an American woman, or a woman from the West in general, I don't know if I should insist on one. I've heard plenty of horror stories, but on the other hand, I've seen plenty of couples do just fine and have successful marriages without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Yeah, if I marry an American woman, or a woman from the West in general, I don't know if I should insist on one. I've heard plenty of horror stories, but on the other hand, I've seen plenty of couples do just fine and have successful marriages without them.
    marriage has a 50% failure rate, do not gamble on your future, divorce laws in america are fucked, Alimony and even child support run rampant with the laws heavily favoring the women regardless of circumstance. Alimony is a bullshit fucking invention to begin with. And fuck having to give up half your shit. Any man entering into a marriage without a prenup is not in the proper state of mind to be deciding wether he should get married period.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    marriage has a 50% failure rate, do not gamble on your future, divorce laws in america are fucked, Alimony and even child support run rampant with the laws heavily favoring the women regardless of circumstance. Alimony is a bullshit fucking invention to begin with. And fuck having to give up half your shit. Any man entering into a marriage without a prenup is not in the proper state of mind to be deciding wether he should get married period.
    Prenups aren't ironclad though. They can be challenged and they can be invalidated.

And since I don't usually date women from, well, lower middle-class or lower backgrounds, any woman I'd marry would likely bring in her own assets into the marriage as well.

Any woman with assets of her own should get a prenup too using that logic. I have a female friend who's in the process of her low-class jobless bum ex-husband trying to take her to the cleaners for spousal support and wanting to split the assets she brought into the marriage.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. For my boyfriend to propose.
    2. See above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Prenups aren't ironclad though. They can be challenged and they can be invalidated.

And since I don't usually date women from, well, lower middle-class or lower backgrounds, any woman I'd marry would likely bring in her own assets into the marriage as well.

Any woman with assets of her own should get a prenup too using that logic. I have a female friend who's in the process of her low-class jobless bum ex-husband trying to take her to the cleaners for spousal support and wanting to split the assets she brought into the marriage.
    Get out of here with that, everyone on this website knows women are soulless parasites who will steal all your belongings if you trust them to love you and men are just poor saps who were dumb enough to share their life with a she-devil.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I want to marry the person that I'm with (eventually), but I want both of us to be financially stable and autonomous (each of us working stable jobs) and I want to live together with my partner for some time first. If we manage that, I think I will

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I feel your pain (or anger?), but honestly, those children in a marriage are the children of BOTH parents. So cough up the money and take the responsibility for 50% of what you spawned.

As for the "taking half the shit" as divorce laws in my country go, everybody gets 50% of the shit of the other.
    id have no problem paying child support that supported the children, unfortunatly there is zero oversight and zero way to make certain the money goes twords the children and not for the woman to go shopping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I feel your pain (or anger?), but honestly, those children in a marriage are the children of BOTH parents. So cough up the money and take the responsibility for 50% of what you spawned.

As for the "taking half the shit" as divorce laws in my country go, everybody gets 50% of the shit of the other.
    and if you go into the marriage with more than her shes still entitled to 50% of your shit. Sorry but everyone should leave with what they brought. No one is entitled to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Get out of here with that, everyone on this website knows women are soulless parasites who will steal all your belongings if you trust them to love you and men are just poor saps who were dumb enough to share their life with a she-devil.
    Yes, the classy, educated gentlemen of the internet must always be on the lookout for evil women out to steal their precious seed.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I always thought that whoever has top requirements for marriage, is not really ready for marriage. Plus, you don't have to be in marriage if both love each other and both are fine with that.
    Close thread!

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread made me laugh… I have been married three times. The first when I was 19 to a woman who was 6 years my senior and I was in the Navy. As I was on ship we went out alot, spent countless hours together. I had gone out to sea for six months but we kept in fairly consistant contact and when I got back we got married, in a church, a month after the deployment. For the "honeymoon" we went on a vacation to see my parents. We all had a good time until my sister-in-law came up to me and said "your wife just told me that she is pregnant with her boyfriend's baby". I was dumbstruck. I packed her up and set her back to live with her mother, told her to divorce me and said that I would NOT support her bastard child. Which I have not.

My second wife I was a little smarter with. We lived with each for a year before marriage. She got deployed to Hawai'i and I got out of the Navy, following here her there. We got married a couple of months later in the Air Force chapel with just the chaplen and couple of friends as witnesses. We had our ups and downs. Everything was pretty much ok until 1985 (five years of marriage) when I had a motorcycle accident that took my lower left leg. I thought things were still ok but I guess things were brewing underneath. While I was in the hospital she asked that I get a vasectomy so that we didn't have to keep using condoms/the pill, so being a thoughtful husband I did. I thought what the heck, I am with the love of my life and already in the hospital. Less than a year later, after my leg was pretty much healed, she asked if she could go on a Christian retreat. I didnt think anything of it and said "have a good time". Six months after that she left, taking the kids and half my stuff! At first I though I was robbed when I got home to a ransacked house, but later found out the truth. It only took 2 weeks with the kids when she called me and said she didn't want them anymore and that I should pick them and my stuff up, which I did. I found that my kids listened to their mom's conversations and were able to pass on the stuff I needed to know: She left me for a guy she met at the retreat. Also that I was not the father of my youngst as she got pregnant by her boss while we were living in Hawai'i. (yes, I know what I said above about my 1st wife's bastard child but this kid I raised for four years and I really didn't care that she wasn't my biological child, she was MY daughter). This gal I divorced myself, filing all court papwork myself and gaining full custody of the kids. No I was not a lawyer or even a paralegal, but going to the library works wonders (this was before the "Internet").

A couple of years later I met another woman, who was also my nurse at the college I had gone back to after my accident. I got to know her and her two daughters, with both of our families meshing really well. And yes, I had not learned my lesson from the previous two times, I asked her to marry me. Well, the only real bump we had is when she asked for us to have our own "bundle of joy" and that's when I told her that I had a vasectomy. Boy, if she could of she would have killed my 2nd wife, but we survived it.
    We had 26 great years, until she passed of pancreatic cancer in 2011. I REALLY miss her but I would love to meet someone new.

Being alone REALLY sucks.

If you actually read all of this, the main things before marriage is:

1. Try living together for at least a year. Get to know her/him and her/his family. Too many marriages end up on the rocks because of family problems

2. marry someone you can't live without (you will know the feeling)

3. Make sure you both are on the same page when it comes to children

4. Get married somewhere that you both choose, BUT don't put yourself in debt doing so, as it is a VERY BAD way to start out a marriage.

5. If you wish to protect yourself financially get a pre-nup (I never got one and was fine).

6. After the marriage, treat her/him kindly every day, NEVER going to bed angry, always talking out your problems WITHOUT yelling.

Number 6 is how my last marriage lasted so long and would be still going if she hadn't died, so take to heart and practice that with your love ones.

Cheers!

ps…sorry about writing a book here, just once I started it was hard to stop… oi vey
    Last edited by Laz; 2017-12-11 at 09:24 AM.
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    1. Try living together for at least a year. Get to know her/him and her/his family. Too many marriages end up on the rocks because of family problems
    I would say that even a year isn't enough. I'd think AT LEAST 2 years of living together, ideally 3+. And at least a year of being together without living together.

This could be a cultural difference (EU Vs US), but what's the hurry with getting married?

Marriage is, "I'm going to be with this person for 40+ years" (depending on age). Surely it takes at least 4 years to come.to that conclusion?
    Last edited by Thermor; 2017-12-11 at 09:43 AM.

Deleted
    Nothing. I wouldn't even marry myself, so I will never get married. It's just not worth it as a men.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    I would say that even a year isn't enough. I'd think AT LEAST 2 years of living together, ideally 3+. And at least a year of being together without living together.

This could be a cultural difference (EU Vs US), but what's the hurry with getting married?

Marriage is, "I'm going to be with this person for 40+ years" (depending on age). Surely it takes at least 4 years to come.to that conclusion?
    You should never EVER move in with a a women (or her move in with you) unless you want to marry her withing 6 months. Competition anxiety is a must and having her cohabitate with you will put a lot of strain on the relationship and will lower her insterest/attraction level.

1. Great blowjobs
    2. Good looking
    3. Obedient

The bitterness and cynicism in this thread...y'all need to get pickier about who you date.

Anyway, I'm already married.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post

You should never EVER move in with a a women (or her move in with you) unless you want to marry her withing 6 months. Competition anxiety is a must and having her cohabitate with you will put a lot of strain on the relationship and will lower her insterest/attraction level.
    Struggling to understand what mean, can you elaborate?

I don't understand what you mean by competition anxiety.

So it's best to rush into marriage before you know your relationship can take the strain of long-term cohabitation? The point of living together a few years before marriage is to resolve/discover problems in the relationship before making the enormous commitment of marriage.

Deleted
    i want a beautiful swedish teen girl and make lots of kids with her , soon i will have a huge muslim family