10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Feldaughter View Post
    Hence the "soonish" instead of "soon™"
    But that's like foreeeeeever.
    Hey

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Cause your opinion is sure fact! Really Yarathir, if all you have going for you is "I don't like them so they shouldn't be ever playable" why are you even wasting your time discussing the issue with people that would play one in a heartbeat. It's all subjective.

What is not subjective is the fact that High Elves have continued to be an important alliance presence in the form of the Silver Covenant, and one very pro-faction war since their inception. A people that for right or wrong have wrapped themselves on their righteousness, which could lead them to great good or great evil, specially given the desperation of being a dwindling people without a home.

The fact that you fail to see any possibilities with the High Elves as a faction shows more about your own lack of imagination rather than their potential, you do realize that?
    it will be beautiful when teldrassil is burned, all members of the Silver Covenant will die and these discussions will end

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Probably because there was plenty of people wanting High Elves on Alliance and well Blood Elves COULD of been Alliance but that didn't happen. We got the Draenei instead(I like them to don't get me wrong).
    that is to say that if the alliance does not obtain everything what it wants is not just, it does not matter if the horde is in the shit with its number of population with respect to the alliance. the only way that the game is fair is to please the wishes of the players of the alliance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    So, can we expect 7.3.5. to go live in January, immediately followed by the BfA alpha/beta?
    No. 7.3.5 wont be live before February.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    Preorder soon, even this week is plausible !
    nope

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I mean this is hopeless. I literally pointed out what they bring in terms of themes in my previous post and you didn't acknowledge it -not even to disagree- I must assume you are not acting on good faith here, which again brings me to the point what are you arguing about something you have no interest on being argued about?

The fact that you keep asking "what could be added by giving High Elves" just solidifies any lack of imagination on your part. Seriously, not even the idea of an strike on Quel'thalas for alliance interests pops in your mind? High/Blood elves are more suited than any other race to tell a story of dichotomous politics on a group of people, they literally belong to opposing factions, and now with the Void Elves on the alliance, now we have the possibility of fallout caused by the blood elves exiling two groups from their ranks.

Let me be frank, do you have any interest on actually thinking about posibilites, or are you just confortable on your bias?
    I may regret jumping in on a discussion that in no way involves me, but I see no reason not to have at least some discourse here, particularly as someone who also does not see High Elves as a good candidate here. My disagreement comes in a few areas.

Why add them? We are talking about a very small faction which is already technically part of the Alliance as is. The Allied Races specifically are races not currently allied with either faction that we have to add in via diplomacy/quests/rep/etc. The stories for the other races joining thus far all make sense and we're likely to see Dark Iron/Zandalar follow suit. Bringing them in lore-wise would be akin to bringing in the Humans of Westfall IMO.

A lot of that dichotomous politics could also just as easily come from Void Elves as it were. People undergoing a mana addiction kicked out of a race of former mana addicts just due to choosing a different type of magic? I'd feel pretty betrayed if I were the Void Elves and Lor'themar didn't even try to help. Compare that story to the High Elves who opted to stay with the Alliance. Do they really have any more story at this point aside from "I've made my choice and I'm sticking to it?" Not really as far as I can tell.

Plus, there are likely other strong candidates to come. Is adding a 3rd Elf faction on the Alliance side a better Allied Race fit than say Kul'Tiras Humans? Or perhaps the Jinyu? Either of those has more places it can go story-wise IMO and provides a more unique look option than High Elves, which will already be selectable in two separate spots as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    nope
    Sure, buddy. And i'll die tomorrow. LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Feldaughter View Post
    rda, you are contradicting points you JUST made.
    Your argument is invalid.
    He does that alot, I just ignore it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
    Ah yes, the unimportant details that were important enough for them to specifically mention.

Guess I'll take everyone's advice and just ignore your posts from now on.
    It is for the best!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Okay? I'm sorry I don't get what you are about.

Lol I mean this is hopeless. I literally pointed out what they bring in terms of themes in my previous post and you didn't acknowledge it -not even to disagree- I must assume you are not acting on good faith here, which again brings me to the point what are you arguing about something you have no interest on being argued about?

The fact that you keep asking "what could be added by giving High Elves" just solidifies any lack of imagination on your part. Seriously, not even the idea of an strike on Quel'thalas for alliance interests pops in your mind? High/Blood elves are more suited than any other race to tell a story of dichotomous politics on a group of people, they literally belong to opposing factions, and now with the Void Elves on the alliance, now we have the possibility of fallout caused by the blood elves exiling two groups from their ranks.

Let me be frank, do you have any interest on actually thinking about posibilites, or are you just confortable on your bias?
    I feel like whatever elements High Elves could have had story wise can now be occupied by the Void Elves so there is even less reason to add them at this point. I'm not against High Elves, but with Void Elves now being a thing I just don't see the point. Whatever interesting niche High Elves could have occupied has now been filled. Best we all just welcome our tentacle-haired elven friends and move on.

Not to mention the Alliance allied races are already rather lackluster in comparison to the Horde's which has more or less two brand new models. Giving us the Blood Elf model with the only difference being blue eyes would just be even more disappointing. At least with Void Elves Blizzard has tried (and for the most part I think succeeded) in differentiating it enough to make it feel unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    it will be beautiful when teldrassil is burned, all members of the Silver Covenant will die and these discussions will end
    My god, if that happens I'm going to be so happy. Please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are they gonna give us any allied races in 7.3.5 or is it just a hype patch leading to pre patch 8.0
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Are they gonna give us any allied races in 7.3.5 or is it just a hype patch leading to pre patch 8.0
    Probably 7.3.5 after pre-orders open up with early access to them as pre-order bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    You sure about that?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-release-date/

- - - Updated - - -

Teldrassil has rat's ass to do with the Silver Covenant, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people keep thinking that a release before February isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

At this point, I'll be shocked/disappointed if we aren't playing the first four allied races by the end of February. But I'm a blind optimist.

10+ Year Old Account
    that is to say that if the alliance does not obtain everything what it wants is not just, it does not matter if the horde is in the shit with its number of population with respect to the alliance. the only way that the game is fair is to please the wishes of the players of the alliance
    I don't know what the fuck you are on about.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

why are people still crying about allied races ? Void Elves are great.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't know what the fuck you are on about.
    Just another massively selfish alliance fan boy, that takes it too extreme.

Don't feed them.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbsy View Post
    But that's like foreeeeeever.
    Would you rather it never happened? I can make that happen soon™

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    why are people still crying about allied races ? Void Elves are great.
    I agree. Have you seen my signature?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Just another massively selfish alliance fan boy, that takes it too extreme.

Don't feed them.
    Agreed, both factions can take it hella far, even for my tastes.

10+ Year Old Account

Gallywix standing on a treasure chest is a nice touch...
    For the Horde!

Honey. Honey. They won't end. They will never end. Even if the Silver Covenant becomes barbecue in Teldrassil, some people will always, always keep holding on for High Elves. Not me I think, cause I'm more of a SC fan, so I think I will go down with them, and honestly, I'd be okay with all of them being horribly burn to a crisp, cuse it's still a resolution at the end of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I may regret jumping in on a discussion that in no way involves me, but I see no reason not to have at least some discourse here, particularly as someone who also does not see High Elves as a good candidate here. My disagreement comes in a few areas.
    Oh jump ahead, don't worry! It's the whole point of an open forum!.

Why add them? We are talking about a very small faction which is already technically part of the Alliance as is. The Allied Races specifically are races not currently allied with either faction that we have to add in via diplomacy/quests/rep/etc. The stories for the other races joining thus far all make sense and we're likely to see Dark Iron/Zandalar follow suit. Bringing them in lore-wise would be akin to bringing in the Humans of Westfall IMO.
    I wouldn't say it's an issue, like what would be the reason why it has to be like that, you know? For example, if we got Jinyu, they are technically part of the alliance already, would you be against that? Moreover, the Dark Iron dwarves are already part of the Alliance, under Moira Taurissan; they where the large dwarf faction on out Draenor campaign. Even so if the DI we now bring are not exactly Moira's ones, it's still precedent for the High Elves, who don't all belong to the SC under Vereesa, for example.

A lot of that dichotomous politics could also just as easily come from Void Elves as it were. People undergoing a mana addiction kicked out of a race of former mana addicts just due to choosing a different type of magic? I'd feel pretty betrayed if I were the Void Elves and Lor'themar didn't even try to help. Compare that story to the High Elves who opted to stay with the Alliance. Do they really have any more story at this point aside from "I've made my choice and I'm sticking to it?" Not really as far as I can tell.
    I agree, I do expect some heavy animosity between the Void and Blood Elves, but what I would also expect is the High and Void Elves to find common ground on this. If anything, the fact that a faction of Blood Elves joined the alliance, could give place to an actual concerned effort to reclaim Quel'thalas for the Alliance. The High Elves, the SC ones, already have a long animosity and downright hostility towards the Blood Elves and the horde; the fact they are dwindling race with little viability could very believably lead to a more offensive approach of their stance. With the Void Elves on the same side, and the alliance imperative to hold the EK, it would be the perfect moment to act. Alleria, who is basically the bridge between Void and High Elves, could very well rally them. If Quel'thalas won't rejoin the alliance by choice, they will by might.

Plus, there are likely other strong candidates to come. Is adding a 3rd Elf faction on the Alliance side a better Allied Race fit than say Kul'Tiras Humans? Or perhaps the Jinyu? Either of those has more places it can go story-wise IMO and provides a more unique look option than High Elves, which will already be selectable in two separate spots as is.
    This is only a point if you believe there's a limited amount of allied races to be had. From what we have seen, Allied Races are mostly a way to add flavor and player choice, the only limit is what people would like to -and pay a race change- to play. They don't need a new starting zone, they already have a well established lore, their model requires little to no effort, and a lot of basic bitches like me would play one in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    I feel like whatever elements High Elves could have had story wise can now be occupied by the Void Elves so there is even less reason to add them at this point. I'm not against High Elves, but with Void Elves now being a thing I just don't see the point. Whatever interesting niche High Elves could have occupied has now been filled. Best we all just welcome our tentacle-haired elven friends and move on.
    Or it could lead to a united plot of all the expatriated elves to rally under Alleria's leadership and push for a more active stance in Alliance politics. They are both just a gaggle of elves on their own, but together, they could do some damage. They could even strike at Quel'thalas and reclaim it for the alliance. As much as the VE occupy the niche HE could have, it also doubles -or even more- the number of Thalassian Elves loyal to the Alliance.

Not to mention the Alliance allied races are already rather lackluster in comparison to the Horde's which has more or less two brand new models. Giving us the Blood Elf model with the only difference being blue eyes would just be even more disappointing. At least with Void Elves Blizzard has tried (and for the most part I think succeeded) in differentiating it enough to make it feel unique.
    Which is only an issue if you think uniqueness is the most important trait an Allied Race should posses, which is up for debate. High Elves still have a lot of well established lore, and even if it's not truth for you, it would make a lot of alliance players happy. You don't have to play every race in your faction, not even like them. And besides, who is to limit how many Allied Races we will eventually get, and why must we only expect them to be "unique". Wildhammer dwarves would bring very little in terms of uniqueness save for tattoo's yet they would be awesome. Same for several Horde Clans, specially Mag'har and Dragonmaw IMO.

A feature that expands character customization is a good thing, and more choices are good, even if to some they are negligible, it will be what another player always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    ^^ ROFL. None of what you said matters. You are talking about unimportant details. The gist is: warfronts are going to play like LFR.

Your corrections are of the type "oh, no, you said I am going to queue by clicking a UI button using the cursor, while in reality I am going to press a shortcut key, so you are totally wrong". You are just missing a point by a mile.
    You're assuming that it will be like LFR. You don't know.

Just say 'I guess it will be like x or y' not it WILL. No one knows enough about it to make those judgments. You may be 100% correct but at the moment you are the ass that's assuming things.