Poll: What is the most anoying thing in raids?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who’s lead raids for nearly 10 years, the most annoying thing to me is people who don’t listen to callouts or instructions. I have no problem explaining fights. I’m fine calling out things your dbm should be telling you anyway. I just hate players that willingly ignore instructions and in many cases cause wipes for easy mechanics as a result. If I place a marker for you to stand on and you are running all over the place doing your own thing, I’ll remove you. Its not fair to the other 19 people in the raid that just wasted 5-10 minutes of their time because you don’t want to listen. This is a social game and the other characters in the raid are people who got together to progress. Don’t be the one person who pretends your better than all of them. Either play with the group or don’t join.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    Typically most bad players (like the people on MMOC who think raider.io should be removed and think expecting basic competence makes you "toxic" and elitist" LUL) are all 3 of those. Of the 3 I'd say not knowing mechanics because it just magnifies the laziness and incompetence or garbage players expecting to be carried.
    Preach!!!! Most mechanics are the same just carried over Tier for Tier. Don’t stand in bad, stack up until told to spread and if you have a rebuff without a giant circle around you move out of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    What is the most anoying thing in raids?

Players who make mistakes.
    Players who do not deliver numbers (lila logs in their item bracket)
    Players who do not know boss mechanics.
    None of the above.

People who chatter incessantly using l33t speak and anal jokes.

A certain someone in my guild who:
    1. always gets high TF tier pieces;
    2. wins a lot on rolls when people are passing out unwanted gears from personal loots (and rolling for off-specs);
    3. makes mistakes occasionally but not nearly enough to guarantee a kick; and
    4. always pulls sub-par numbers (~800-900k at ~945 ilvl) despite all the good gears he gets and multiple people trying to point him to the right direction, but still no where near enough for a kick from our casual guild runs.
    Last edited by taaveti; 2017-12-11 at 02:30 AM.

Most annoying thing in raids was (as a Druid pre-Legion) when someone would get Brez'd and instantly say "stats", bitch it's coming hold on.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by cafecito820 View Post
    Unforgiving elitists with negative attitudes.
    One day people will replace elitists by wanna-be-elite, because we all know the real good players don't have that attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll admit that I empathize a bit with this one. I am generally pretty willing to explain boss fights to people if they're willing to listen, but it's beyond idiotic that Blizzard lets players that don't even speak the same language see each others' groups in the LFG tool. I've been seeing it lately that group leaders will just automatically reject players from Ragnaros, Azralon, Quel'thalas, Goldrinn, etc because they're South American realms and the players rarely, if ever, speak English or make any attempt to communicate with the group. It's pretty sad, but unless Blizzard gives group leaders a way to say "English only" (or whatever language), it's going to be a problem.
    I am pretty sure the "english only" is the problem. If you play in Europe you think you can enforce that? I don't know which insecurities people from the US have with people not speaking english, learning a second language is a GOOD thing.

But in case of South American players, I must say, it's not a language issue, it's for some reason they play like shit but have good gear. there are a few good ones, but most of them play on US servers. Of course there are probably the same percentage of shit people on all servers, but somehow the south americans are really geared.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and my answer. people not walking back after a wipe expecting to be rezzed when everybody else is walking back.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick
    One day people will replace elitists by wanna-be-elite, because we all know the real good players don't have that attitude.
    Wannabe-elitist? I like it.

I am pretty sure the "english only" is the problem. If you play in Europe you think you can enforce that? I don't know which insecurities people from the US have with people not speaking english, learning a second language is a GOOD thing.
    All I meant was that it would be better to at least be able to require that people who join a group be able to communicate in a specific language (or languages). I don't know if you're directing that "insecurities" comment at me, or at Americans in general, but I don't disagree with the point either way. I speak both English and Spanish, and am learning Russian for fun in my spare time. I completely agree that learning foreign languages is a good thing, but I don't necessarily think that multilingualism should be a requirement in any setting. If I moved to Mexico, I wouldn't expect people to speak English to me; I would learn to speak better Spanish. And it's that same idea here. I don't think players should have to learn English (or Spanish, or Portuguese, or Russian, or Chinese, whatever) just to play an online game. If they *want* to, great! But it shouldn't be an issue players have to deal with because of poor matchmaking logic.

But in case of South American players, I must say, it's not a language issue...
    I don't know where you're getting this idea from, but I have most definitely experienced language barriers in groups. Just last week, we had 3 players in a group of 13 or 14 that couldn't understand "Go to spirit realm". They just stood there for about 10 minutes until I finally asked someone who understood both English and Portuguese to tell them what to do in Portuguese so that we could do the fight.

Again, just to be clear, I'm not playing some victim card - I don't think that's fair to *either* party here. It's stupid that those players who clearly can't speak English ended up in a group with us in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know where you're getting this idea from, but I have most definitely experienced language barriers in groups. Just last week, we had 3 players in a group of 13 or 14 that couldn't understand "Go to spirit realm". They just stood there for about 10 minutes until I finally asked someone who understood both English and Portuguese to tell them what to do in Portuguese so that we could do the fight.
    I can relate to this and it's really my biggest issue. Most of the time the lack of communication is the biggest issue though I've seen it happen more than enough times where they will have good gear and do terrible dps.
    I did 2 runs last week on my paladin that were terrible because of the language barrier, there was a Maw +5 (or so I thought) where the guy didn't know he had to put the key in, and we sat there for 5 minutes trying to tell him how do it but he didn't understand, and when he put it in it turns out it was a +2, so that was neat.
    The other run we had a mage from Ragnaros who was dead for like 10 minutes and we tried to tell him to rez so we could summon him and he just didn't understand at all until someone google translated to Portuguese that he needed to rez.

Granted both of these are somewhat self-inflicted, I did join / invite these people but when you can't even communicate certain things like putting the key in or telling people to rez it's just frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Deleted
    Raid leaders who wont take any suggestions ever, not even for one pull.
    People who think wiping is blasphemy, like hiw can we wipe on this farm boss.

Raid leaders who don't like calling things out 'because [we're] Mythic raiders' even though every bit helps and even top guilds do it.

Unforgiving elitists with negative attitudes.
    Those wouldn't exist if people would just stop sucking in this extremely easy game.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no one cut and dry answer to this as it depends HEAVILY on the situation.

ie

- The first option would be the most annoying in bosses like Argus. He has a simple cone attack that you're supposed to avoid or you get hit and die. People who can't do this simple thing and die are easily the most annoying.

- The second option (numbers) would be most annoying on DPS check bosses like M Krossus. They NEED to be able to carry their own weight. They can do all the mechanics perfectly and never make a mistake, but if they don't do their job as DPS, they are a waste of space.

- The 3rd option is really only annoying in the first month or so of raiding. There are A LOT of lazy people who don't watch fights or read guides before coming into a new boss and need to be explained entire fight mechanics and waste everyone's time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Those wouldn't exist if people would just stop sucking in this extremely easy game.
    It's only "extremely easy" because you're in a N guild. Try telling Method how easy the game is when they're on wipe #623 on M KJ. But then again, I'm sure you're one of those 12/11 M twitch viewers who know every fight is just 2 ez and everyone sucks but you.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    People who get mad at someone for:
    - making mistakes
    - not delivering numbers
    - not knowing mechanics

Deleted
    people who can't pull big numbers
    people who make excuses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostrix View Post
    people who can't pull big numbers
    people who make excuses
    People who have an excuse for everything are indeed extremely annoying.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

I find people who make mistakes a lot more annoying than any other thing since low dps can be compensated and people who don't know boss mechanics can learn them (i didn't read a single boss guide since MoP, even boss mechanics since DBM tells you what to do) but people who know the boss, do dps but die because they tunnel the boss but forget to move on let's say cone of death from argus, are annoying AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    L'enfer, c'est les autres.
    I loved the entry in The Onion's collection of "historical" front pages with the headline "Hell is Other Frenchmen, Playwright Says".

People who don't look up mechanics for a new raid.

Make mistakes and learn all you want but wiping because you didn't know about a particular ability is just a waste of everyone's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    It's only "extremely easy" because you're in a N guild. Try telling Method how easy the game is when they're on wipe #623 on M KJ. But then again, I'm sure you're one of those 12/11 M twitch viewers who know every fight is just 2 ez and everyone sucks but you.
    The elitists people that he was talking about are in pugs. These guys don't act like this in their guild raid. You have no idea what I do and either way you can't deny the fact that if everyone was playing well there would be no place for elitism. Elitism can only exist if there is people bad enough to complain about otherwise it just becomes unfounded whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    The elitists people that he was talking about are in pugs. These guys don't act like this in their guild raid. You have no idea what I do and either way you can't deny the fact that if everyone was playing well there would be no place for elitism. Elitism can only exist if there is people bad enough to complain about otherwise it just becomes unfounded whining.
    Thing is, I don't have to know what you do in the game to know the game isn't easy if you're doing the appropriate skill content. Doesn't matter how good you are, you WILL eventually hit a cap in the game where you'll no longer progress. Be it high end PvP arena/RBGs or M+.

Elitism will always exist because there will always be players of different skill levels playing with each other. It's shitty, but that is the human condition. We will never solve elitism just like we will never solve racism.