Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Illidan Stormrage dead?

Guys i wanna know something, obviously or i wouldnt be askin, lol.

am on the Hellscream server, level 70 hunter in Elysium, ive herd a few peeps talking about the Illidan fight, and apparently he doesnt actually die, he flys of, now ive been told he goes into a ghost form and flys of, or leaves a chest, is any of this true or does he actually die?

i watched the Nihilium fight (sorry if i spell guild name wrong) and i saw Illidan dead and nothing fly away, does he do something after he's been looted or is Illidan actually dead?

Re: Illidan Stormrage dead?

He's not dead, no worries.

He is dead.
    Maybe coming back as a ghost or somthing - fear the mighty spectral illidan!

Yea he's dead.

I doubt anyone would bring him back though.. he has no allies anymore besides Vashj and the naga, and they've probably retreated back to Nazjatar to prepare for Northrend.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Vashj is killable in SSC tho so i'd think the naga would retreat back to the captial on Azeroth with there queen, Queen Azshara

The only way I could see Illidan coming back in the game would be the same way Ner Zhul did (The Lich King), through Kil Jeaden, as I doubt Arthas would need illidan (not to mention, I'm not sure he can raise him since illidan is in outland, but who knows what Metzen is capable of).
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Some bosses you can argue that even though you kill them in a raid isntance, they aren't actually dead in the lore.

Illidan isn't one though, as Maiev kills him so its part of official lore now. No idea whats going to become of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahir
    Vashj is killable in SSC tho so i'd think the naga would retreat back to the captial on Azeroth with there queen, Queen Azshara
    But there is no "Killquest" or something for her.
    All Encounter without killquest could come back in some way.

just like vaccine says

Forgot about Vashj, and for some reason I get the odd feeling she's not a representative of their whole race following Illidan, but rather she's part of a renegade group =/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    Forgot about Vashj, and for some reason I get the odd feeling she's not a representative of their whole race following Illidan, but rather she's part of a renegade group =/
    She is, it's quite clear from the wc3. She serves under Illidan BUT did so under the orders of Azshara. Therefore not entirely renegade but Vashj didn't have any communication with Azshara in Outlandz (iirc). So it's kinda 50/50.

yea thats what I meant, she's kinda severed in Outland, and then again Azshara herself is a friend of Sargeras's lol but wait.. if Illidan is anti-Sargeras, and Vashj works for Azshara who is pro-Sargeras..

o.O

yea thats what I meant, she's kinda severed in Outland, and then again Azshara herself is a friend of Sargeras's lol but wait.. if Illidan is anti-Sargeras, and Vashj works for Azshara who is pro-Sargeras..

o.O
    What makes you think Azshara didn't sacrifice Vashj to expose Illidan to us so we can murdurize 'em? It could be also that Azshara is beging Kil'Jaeden to help her rez Sargeras and Kil'Jaeden gave her this idea so that Illidan dies - Kil'Jaeden happy, Sargeras rezed - Azshara happy.
    Then again, Azshara serves the Old Gods.
    Go figure, I quit lore.

I bet that Lore Character A had a plan and that plan goes like 50 plans deep until finally they can summon Lore Character B into the world, but strangely a group of 25 adventurers stop them 500 times over and steal all their items and pants, and run off laughing and posting on Lore Character A's corpse, then Lore Character C says some catchy quote and the players all say Lorelawl and go kill him.

Welcome to Warcraft Lore, which cavity would you like it in?

(I'm still a massive lore nerd though =D)

This is a question debated much by lore fans.

WoW is a big question mark in lore, because it is not apparent if player actions can affect lore.

For example, players can kill Onyxia, but is she dead in the lore? We won't really know until post-wow games or literature are made. And what would that say? "The agents of <NaGa StOlE My BiKe> slayed the vicious beast..." doesn't make much sense.

However, many agree that NPC actions against another NPC should be considered lore. In that case, Maiev killed Illidan, (NPC killed an NPC) and he is dead according to lore.

Agreed, to me, I'm happy to be a part of the lore, if I'm not, bleh oh well.

I hope anything we do in WoW gets retconn'd for Warcraft IV =/ (if ever)

Yea originally after doing Hyjal, I was amazed at the quality to the Warcraft 3 campaign, and I actually went back and replayed it, to see if at some point you actually randomly got reinforcements (was hoping that was the adventurers in WoW coming to save the day) but sadly that is not the case, the mission was just a timed survival =( would've been fun though to see a lore tie in like that =)

Deleted

Agreed, to me, I'm happy to be a part of the lore, if I'm not, bleh oh well.

I hope anything we do in WoW gets retconn'd for Warcraft IV =/ (if ever)

Yea originally after doing Hyjal, I was amazed at the quality to the Warcraft 3 campaign, and I actually went back and replayed it, to see if at some point you actually randomly got reinforcements (was hoping that was the adventurers in WoW coming to save the day) but sadly that is not the case, the mission was just a timed survival =( would've been fun though to see a lore tie in like that =)
    Who says im not one of the footmen/Riflemen in the campaign? You know, the players come before the undeads attack Jaina... :P

Haha good point, I got dibs on being a sorcere... priest, yea priest =D

So I'm Malfurion then? :P

Deleted

You guys know so much about this. Is this the same as wc3 ?
    and where do you read all this ? are it in books ?
    I already read 1 wow book, but i'm wondering if everything is the same as in wc3.
    so maybe I should also read those books. can anyone plx tell me what to do?
    I wanna know the whole story

Illidan could be dead, but you don't loot his head or anything. So he's not really 100% dead.

I just heard that from something similar to this thread, so I thought I might post it.