Thread: signs

signs

i'm watching this movie on starz.

this movie is creepy. i flipped out when mel gibson saw an alien leg disappear into his crops at night.
    :-X

Re: signs

This movie was stupid. Aliens that die from water? Water is the most important aspect of life and it can kill them? Not to mention that over 70% of the Earth's surface is water, how would they have planned on surviving on Earth unless they lived in the desert?

Crazy movie when i saw it in theaters funny and creepy at times i wouldn't knock it though.
    good movie if you haven't seen it.

15+ Year Old Account

It's too bad Mr.Phoenix went nuts. Good actor.

Anyway it's a good movie.. the thing with M.Knight movies is they have deep messages, so people who just watch movies expecting Signs to be the next Independence day is "disappoint" :P

I enjoy most of his movies.. even The Happening was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27
    This movie was stupid. Aliens that die from water? Water is the most important aspect of life and it can kill them? Not to mention that over 70% of the Earth's surface is water, how would they have planned on surviving on Earth unless they lived in the desert?
    I don't think they planned on living ON the planet but rather using it's resources.. plus.. they're aliens dude.. there's no "aliens cant die by water" rule. It's entirely possible Aliens would live off chemicals that are lethal to us if they exist.

*Play X-Files theme song that still scares the crap out of me*

You know what planet they came from? No? Be quiet then

OT

The movie was awesome, i remember when i saw it walk @ the party ... christ it was creepy

I remember seeing parts of this movie years and years ago. I had no idea what was going on and it wasn't scary or creepy either.

Quote Originally Posted by Al'akir the windlord
    You know what planet they came from? No? Be quiet then
    No, but as far as known science goes, water is the key to all life in the Universe until proven otherwise.

No, but as far as known science goes, water is the key to all life in the Universe until proven otherwise.
    I didn't know you have been to every planet on this universe? Wow congrats man!

It's pretty dumb to say that water is the only factor that makes something living...

When I first saw the movie at the cinemas it was creepy as hell especially the ending with the alien holding the girl. I had nightmares that night <.<

15+ Year Old Account

I watched the movie when I was like 10.

I was like "What?" the whole time. Maybe I should rewatch it sometime.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    Well, it IS pretty much proven, that life (as we define it) needs certain components and compositions. As carbon based life form (like everything we know of), water is one of the essential components. Silicon is chemically quite similar to carbon, but has some implications that would make an organism quite a challenge. For more hypothetical alternatives, and so that you may have something to back up your statements in the future, have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothe...f_biochemistry

As for the movie: It's been some time since I saw it, but I remember finding it rather stupid/silly and in general not very enjoyable.
    Things change very quickly :P Who would have thought 20 years ago I'd be able to Listen to Music, Watch movies, Play Games etc on something that's like 5x2.5 inches :O

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    Well, it IS pretty much proven, that life (as we define it) needs certain components and compositions. As carbon based life form (like everything we know of), water is one of the essential components. Silicon is chemically quite similar to carbon, but has some implications that would make an organism quite a challenge. For more hypothetical alternatives, and so that you may have something to back up your statements in the future, have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothe...f_biochemistry

As for the movie: It's been some time since I saw it, but I remember finding it rather stupid/silly and in general not very enjoyable.
    Reminds me of the movie Virus. Which was quite good actually.
    For the Emperor.

15+ Year Old Account
    My favorite movie of his, which is not saying alot, but i liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27 View Post
    Not a hard concept if you think about it's well documented that there are some people who are allergic to water and it literally burns there skin even more likely that not all life in the universe aren;t carbon/ water based and could have severe reactions to water. If you'd payed attention you would have remembered that they where staging the invasion to harvest humans not take over the planet.

I like M night shamalaminaminia's films they are always entertaining. Twists are stupid but still.