Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Meh, they cut back on some of the stuff that actually seemed interesting .

Not at all happy with this.

I quit WoW to come back for Cataclysm, when there would be lots of ideas and new changes made to work for. If this is how it ships, doubtful i will come back.

Also, as a massive lore fan, inb4 Cho'gall becomes the new Malygos. A big lore character destroyed by Blizzards wish for pushing out more content too fast.

/Sigh

Removing PotT and Guild Talents ?

Moar player uniformisation between casuals and HCG, MOAR.

Deleted
    The 1/2 Expansion pack.
    Re mapped content ( oh the horror of dumping a ocean on Thousand Needles - one of the breathtakers from vanilla). Only 5 new lvls. No expanded talent trees. Failure on switching out the "dull" talents (now they apply automatic) with anything interesting - why do this in the first place? And now they scrapped the thing which could have spiced up character building - Path of the titans:/

I guess the reason to buy Cataclysm is getting new instances and new quest - but what fun is it doing 3000 quest for Xp, if your character dosnt evolves one bit? What fun is there getting a lvl if anything interesting in the talent trees are covered allready? You wont get any more dmg - cause mastery caps at 51, you wont be able to get fun talents, because they are absent.

To me it looks like wow is going from beeing a RPG game to a Explorer/backpacker game.
    Idk. Ppl are most likely going to pay and play anyways - the mmo scene lacks decent alternatives unless youre a sucker for Asian Glam Fantasy.

People are only reading the white text...this is disappointing, I would have thought people would read something before commenting...

99% of these posts are complaining about things that are still there, just changed to be automatic. Guild leveling is still there, Archaeology is still there, everything is basically still here. Any customization with PotT? Really? People were just going to do the exact same glyph/whatever set up, and you know it. How is that not "cookie cutter". The best way is always the way people will go. A horrible idea in my mind, why would I want more things to worry about to level before I can do things when I hit max level? It's too much as it is now. I have to get my glyphs/talents/gear (and now guild levels) ready and now I have another whole talent tree and profession to level to raid/battleground? It's too much people, and I'm glad Blizzard realized it.

The new guild leveling system will be so awesome. I'm actually leading a 10-man guild in Cataclysm, and it's all my old Karazhan guild mates. It's awesome that 10/25 man raids share the same loot table now. Now I can raid with my friends without any pressure from some elitist who whispers me "WHY ARE YOU NOT USING SPEED POTIONS ON TRASH LIKE ME?". I'll have fun getting together, doing quests/dungeons/battlegrounds with 9 other people to get my rep for my guild up, and advance the guild level.

If you're canceling your sub because of one baby thing that was scraped then good, go far away, back to Aion or something. There are far many things in Cataclysm that are going to improve the game then some re-worked silly instance or another annoying grind.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    The 1/2 Expansion pack.
    Re mapped content ( oh the horror of dumping a ocean on Thousand Needles - one of the breathtakers from vanilla). Only 5 new lvls. No expanded talent trees. Failure on switching out the "dull" talents (now they apply automatic) with anything interesting - why do this in the first place? And now they scrapped the thing which could have spiced up character building - Path of the titans:/
    "only 5 new levels"? You don't know how long those levels will take. The number doesn't equal amount of time needed, so the number is completely arbitrary. How can there be a failure of switching out dull talents when it is still a work in progress? I doubt you could come up with a good amount of "fun" or "interesting" new talents anyway, because they would need many new which would likely lead to even more homogenization.

Path of the Titans would have only forced every single person to grind away with Archeology because nobody would want to group you with in any dungeon without having everything maxed out. Do you think it is bad today with the GS nonsense? It would be even worse with the addition of Path of the Titans and the forced grind on everyone.

I guess the reason to buy Cataclysm is getting new instances and new quest - but what fun is it doing 3000 quest for Xp, if your character dosnt evolves one bit? What fun is there getting a lvl if anything interesting in the talent trees are covered allready? You wont get any more dmg - cause mastery caps at 51, you wont be able to get fun talents, because they are absent.
    How does your character not evolve one bit when you are getting new abilities from level 80 to 85? I don't see how getting extra talents, albeit ones you may have seen before, is less about evolving your character. And you do get more damage because there are still talents which will boost that. Not every damage talent is being removed in favor of the Mastery.

To me it looks like wow is going from beeing a RPG game to a Explorer/backpacker game.
    Idk. Ppl are most likely going to pay and play anyways - the mmo scene lacks decent alternatives unless youre a sucker for Asian Glam Fantasy.
    Funny. So WoW is less of an RPG game with actual RPG-elements such as exploring? The way Archeology is going to be now is actually making it more of an RPG, not less.

I wasn't happy about the removal of Path of the Titans either until I realized how much of a forced grind it would be. It may not be grindy because you would have gotten it for doing anything, but players would have made it completely mandatory to do the easiest of tasks in the game as they already do with the GS-requirement. It is rather looney to act as if the removal of that feature makes Cataclysm all of the sudden not worth it or just a patch. They are adding 3 times as many quests to this expansion than the current one. People may not care about quests but those are actual the staple of what makes this an RPG. When you feel the removal of Path of the Titans is so bad which makes this expansion too much like TBC or Wrath I really wonder why people have continued to play this game for so long when they seem to in fact hate/loathe the current features of the game. If you really want something completely different, you may want to look into a completely new game instead of thinking expansions should significantly alter the game.

Unhappy

Man, I am generally not one to complain, in fact I am usually telling other whiners to stfu, and enjoy what they got, but this time.

Blizz really dropped the ball, everyone knows why PotT and guild talents got dropped right? and why SFK and DM will not be released with xpac. Blizz ran out of time. its why the op. gnomer and Zalizane were tested with 3.3.5 and I doubt we will even see a 3.3.9, how sad that a epic idea got trashed because of time restraints.

its rather depressing, I was very much looking forward to to PotT, archeology, which would give us a reason to explore Azeroth with our 85 toons, which now I think most people wont even bother to do. and a lot of the changes to landscape will go unnoticed, unless your an altaholic. and guild leveling, that was gated so that everyone had the chance of staying competitive. gone. My plans for bringing up my guild as a Gold cartell is no longer an option.

Only thing I am looking forward to now is leveling new toons in different regions to see changed content. End content will be dumbed down by the time I get my new toon to 85, so there is no point rushing into it, like I was hoping to do.

Really disappointing.
    You will all fall at the Hand of my Shroomy Mine field!!
    WHAT!? Nerfed already 10 yards, no 3yrds, and only 3 out at any one given time? BLARRG
    ok well you will all, er some of you might be extremely unfortunate enough to maybe die at the hand of my 3 capped shroomy minefield!!! eh..heh

This altogether smacks of them running out of time to properly develop promised features. Path of the Titans gone? They trumpeted this during the last BlizzCon as being "alternate progression" and altogether entwined with the storyline, especially with the Twilight Hammer's involvement. So now that's all been trashed? And Archeology, which fed into Path of the Titans... now marginalized. It's unfortunate. Between those two, there was a great potential for character story development (not just measurable progression), and now that's been flushed.

What?! Path of the titans gone! Boo!

And the RSS feed isn't work btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtb the secret :/

Path of the titans may be gone, but the mechanic still remains in the form of medium glyphs, all be it a toned down version of path. So actually they didn't technically scrap it.
    Guild talent trees are gone but the perks remain, so another thing that stays al be it under a different name with a few mechanical changes to obtain those perks...

So much QQ, so little time...

This is terrible.

Path of the Titans seemed like a very cool substitute for level gains.
    The recent talent tree previews were extremely disappointing.
    I was really looking forward to Archaeology.

I can't believe they're going to force you to join pre-mades in order to play rated Battlegrounds. The whole reason I loved BGs was because I could get on whenever I wanted to, play for as long as I wanted to, and then get off. This is just the same system as Arena on a bigger scale which is exactly what I didn't want seeing as how horribly stupid Arena is.

And they're rewarding legacy titles to people for this shit on top of everything else?

Utter fail.

I don't understand why they gave us a preview of guild talents and the Path of the Titans, when they weren't 100% sure this would go live with the release of Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Yuma; 2010-06-13 at 02:36 PM.

Sounds like they dropped a ton of stuff so they can release the game quicker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raein View Post
    This is terrible.

Path of the Titans seemed like a very cool substitute for level gains.
    The recent talent tree previews were extremely disappointing.
    I was really looking forward to Archaeology.

I can't believe they're going to force you to join pre-mades in order to play rated Battlegrounds. The whole reason I loved BGs was because I could get on whenever I wanted to, play for as long as I wanted to, and then get off. This is just the same system as Arena on a bigger scale which is exactly what I didn't want seeing as how horribly stupid Arena is.

And they're rewarding legacy titles to people for this shit on top of everything else?

Utter fail.

Rated battlegrounds make all sense in the fact that you need to play with bigger groups to get better stuff. It is the same with raiding and now it starts to be the same with battlegrounds. Arena was the dull thing, not rated battlegrounds. Arena should be like the PvP equivalent to 5 mans in PvE.

Boubouille, please, for the love of God, change the BlizzQuote font to what it used to be. It hurts my eyes now.

Yep this is just them basically saying, "So yeah we're gonna just not do some of the things we said we were gonna do so you guys can get the game quicker."

I hope you QQers are happy, because you spammed the blizzard forums saying you want Cata faster, this is what you get.

No Path of the Titans, "fun" "Medium" glyphs, no guild talents, Archaeology becoming less "useful" and more "fun", old heirlooms becoming obsolete, probably no heroic DM or SFK... It's like Blizzard is removing everything that made Cataclysm attractive to players who want more than being level capped.

In reality, Activision probably heard that FF14 or SW:TOR was shipping soon and they wanted to release around the same time. Just goes to show that anyone who didn't believe that Activision changed the way Blizzard operates is probably in denial (though that was obvious after shiny horse.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuma View Post
    I don't understand why they gave us a preview of guild talents and the Path of the Titans, when they weren't 100% sure this would go live with the release of Cataclysm.
    yes and the preview was very detailed.....

Path of the Titans was meant to be a way of personalizing your character further, instead of walking around being the same as every one else your class and spec. It was meant to make you feel more to your character, now its gone..

I see that Guild Wars 2 is having a system just like Path of the Titans called "Traits" where you have to become more involved in your character's life, such as an Elementalist has to explore ancient tombs to discover ancient spells. I'm now looking forward to this more than I am to WoW even though it comes out this winter :/.