Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow Word : Death

Blizzard says: We want to bring back Shadow Word: Death as an "execute"

I've a question about this spell, maybe you are more updated unlike me.

This spell will be used only when the target is at 25% health or less? What's the Blizzard idea?

Thank you.

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=Qsp-OMjQ1iz.9dw.priest

Once the target is at or below 25%, Mind Melt in cataclysm will increase SW damage by 30, but also look at the glyph of SW, it increases the damage of SW by 10% when the target is at or below 35%. For Cata, I do believe they want us using it below 25%, but I am pretty sure if the Glyph of SW stays, we'll probably use that too.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian View Post

Once the target is at or below 25%, Mind Melt in cataclysm will increase SW damage by 30, but also look at the glyph of SW, it increases the damage of SW by 10% when the target is at or below 35%. For Cata, I do believe they want us using it below 25%, but I am pretty sure if the Glyph of SW stays, we'll probably use that too.
    You are a really happy guy, aren't you

shadow word HAPPY! I like it, can we keep it?! please

10+ Year Old Account
    /shakes head

I do not approve of Shadow Word: Happy =/

We'll still probably use SW: D above 25% when moving like we do now. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    /shakes head

I do not approve of Shadow Word: Happy =/

We'll still probably use SW: D above 25% when moving like we do now. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't tbh.

Hmm, didn't they say they wanted to change SW: D so that you can only hit it when target is at 25% or below? Could be wrong but I think I went little crazy about that when SW: D on sheeps are ruined :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    Hmm, didn't they say they wanted to change SW: D so that you can only hit it when target is at 25% or below? Could be wrong but I think I went little crazy about that when SW: D on sheeps are ruined :'(
    See just because it deals more damage at < 25% where did all of you guys get the idea that you'll suddenly ONLY be able to use it < 25%? It's the same damned thing, it just does more damage in execute range.

Thats pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    See just because it deals more damage at < 25% where did all of you guys get the idea that you'll suddenly ONLY be able to use it < 25%? It's the same damned thing, it just does more damage in execute range.
    I do believe they did want to get rid of the backlash when below 25%, but since we'll have more health, the odds of one hitting ourselves would not be likely, so one could assume it is on the "not really important but still something we still want to do" list.

Also, anyone know how to it to stop it from being SW:happy without using spaces?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe they did want to get rid of the backlash when below 25%, but since we'll have more health, the odds of one hitting ourselves would not be likely, so one could assume it is on the "not really important but still something we still want to do" list.
    Oh man, how will I kill myself on Hodir / Curator?

similar mechanic to a Warlocks drain soul execute mechanism (except not channeled but single repeatable bursts I guess)
    I do not kill people...that is my least favorite thing to do! - Carl from Llamas with hats

Even if they kept the Backlash, just make the backlash not scale with buffs/debuffs, so you don't one-shot yourself on some stupid fights.

you didn't see it Shadow word: Happy is priest's new goto heal you guys should pay more attention

Heck execute is not an "execute" any more.
    The ultra heavy beat

If they don't change the 12sec CD, we'll only really be able to use it a handful of times on mobs under 30% anyway

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hint: Disable smilies in your reply so SW:D will show up properly :p
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

i would like to see more of the executes changed to 35% 25% is really hard to hit when fighting against low HP mobs and some times in pvp u only have a second before the guy is healed up from his 25% mark

Combined with the glyph (which may change, considering the change to mind melt) we would get an additional 40% damage when the enemy is under 25% health for Shadow Word: Death. Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Combined with the glyph (which may change, considering the change to mind melt) we would get an additional 40% damage when the enemy is under 25% health for Shadow Word: Death. Not too shabby.
    That's if the Glyph stays the same. Even pushing that aside, The numbers for Death can (and will) change. A 40% boost to it now in current numbers doesn't put it that awesome, no matter how you look at it. A 40% increase to a spell that we know should be our Execute?

That has huge ramifications, first being it's still a castable Instant Spell, and if it does "more" damage while the target's low we still get to hit them when they're not so low (yay moving). It also says "we know it sucks, so we'll try and convince you that we're not going to let it suck as long as it did".

They need to up its Scaling to truly prevent that from being phased out, but we're quite some time before his game sees Live.

If they change it so you can only use it below 25% I'm done.