Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Bio - Thorok Chillwing

EDIT : Changed name, old one in the title sounded too clichéd, new one more represents both his abilities and also his heritage (ward refering too his shield)

Name: Thorok Chillward
    Race: Orc
    Class: Shaman - Elemental
    Personality: Loner. Stubborn. Incredibly loyal to those he does befriend.

Likes: Snow, the Storm Peaks, wide open spaces and flying.

Dislikes : Death Knights (as they killed his father), being looked at for 'guidance' due to his Shaman heritage, and conversations with strangers. Also dispises (though if challenged insists hes not afraid of) enclosed spaces and being kept in one place for extended periods of time.

Appearance: Tall (just under 7') with Shoulders, however not particularly musclular. One Brown eye, and one eye that, due to a previous close encounter with a mages spell, is now a light shade of blue. His skin is a light shade of green, which he likes to think of as the colour of a "leaf encased in a thin layer of ice".

Strengths/Weaknesses: He is an incredibly adapt with magic, particular Frost Magic, as well as skilled with the use of his shield. However he is not particularly strong physically and thus only ever uses Daggers and Shortswords in battle. He adores spending his days running in his spiritial Wolven form, and because of this he is adapt at shapeshifting in the blink of an eye, and is agile and fast in either form.

History: Ever since he was born his father trained him to be a Shaman, as he was. He never knew his mother, as she died when he was born. When he was around 5 or 6, the exact age he isn't even sure of himself, his father sold everything they owned except his family shield, which was made from titanium with a wolf's face carved into the metal during its smelting on the front, and charted a boat to the Northern lands of Northrend, where he had heard, far, far too the north, there was a land of mountains and everything was covered in snow. After the many longs weeks of travel they arrived. Finding shelter from the chill in a cave Thorok and his father made a life for themselves, hunting Mammoths for meat, melting snow for water. Thorok continued to learn from his father the arts of channeling the elements power into powerful magic, his father always said "Why use brawn, when you have brains and the elements on your side!".

However, one morning, when Thorok was 40 years old, he awoke to find his father no longer asleep by his side, but instead the cave was dark, as shadowy figures blocked the entrance to the cave and the fire had been stamped out. His father stood at the mouth of the cave, confronted by two men. One tall and thin, the other short and stout. Both equally sinister. A Night Elf and a Dwarf. His father tried to confront them, but his father was old and too slow, the dwarf summoned a ghostly hand to snatch Thorok's father as he tried to call to his son and change into his wolven form to avoid the attack. But the years had taken their toll and he was too slow, the hand gripped him and pulled him in, where infront of Thorok's very eyes, as his father flew threw the air, the Night elf cut off his head with a war cry and a swing of his giant sword. Thorok, with the element of suprise on his hands as he was hidden in the shadows, cast a mighty fire ball at the Death Knights, and watched them burn before him. He then ran out of his cave, and has never been back since. He changed into his wolven form and stayed like that for weeks. Eventually, during his wanderings, he encountered something he had never seen before. A wounded Drake. On a cliff edge lay a bleeding Blue Drake. Thorok nimbly climbed up to the drake and used his mediocer healing abilities to do what he could for the injured beast. When he was done the beast raised itself from the ground, then lowered its head. He wanted Thorok to ride him. And so Thorok did. For the next year, Thorok and his trusted Drake, whom he named Kromar, his fathers name, lived, ate and flew together. On his 62nd birthday however, Thorok decided it was time to leave the Storm Peaks, for he had encountered more and more adventurers heading into the north of the Storm Peaks to venture into the Titan Fortress of Ulduar. It was this activity that led him to fly south and seek other companionship. Upon arrival in Dalaran Thorok said goodbye to his trusted friend, whom he knew if he ever needed, he would be able to find again, on that same ledge he first found him, in the Storm Peaks he called his home.

Now alone, in a city he had only visited sparingly with his father, he set off looking for a place to stay. As he walked through the streets, dodging and weaving as men and women of all races rode by. Seeking refuge in a store called "Magical Menagerie" he encountered two merchants emmersed in a clearing gripping bout of gossip, a gnome and a human. Not knowing anyone, and harbering no real hatrid for races of the Alliance, Thorok introduced himself. The Gnome went by the name of Breanni, and the human Mei Francis. They went on to explain they dealt in the animal trade.

Thorok questioned them on the conversation they were having, for he wished to know the gossip of the city in the hope of gaining some leverage to use against someone to get food and a bed, as he had no money. Mei informed him that she had recently sold a Tundra Mammoth to one of Breanni's friends for a rather large some of gold. Breanni explained his friend was also a gnome, an excentric fellow by the name of Contriz. Breanni explained that Contriz was a scientist, and an expert in both the complex art of Engineering, and the delecate science of Alchemy. However, this was not their topic of conversation. The real gossip was the fact that Contriz had bought the Mammoth to travel far and wide, too sell his potions and elixers to raise funds to continue his research into the creation of a flying machine capable of carrying hundreds of people miles at a time, but the moment Contriz mounted the mammoth, it bucked and launched him high into the air. When Contriz landed he broke his arm and 3 ribs, and was obviously no longer able to ride. Breanni went on to tell Thorok that Contriz was now looking for an able bodied assistant to travel the world for him selling his goods instead.

Thorok realised this was his chance. After thanking Breanni and quickly memorising the address Breanni told him, he changed into his wolven form and ran as fast as he could to Contriz's house. Arriving, he saw the Tundra Mammoth laying asleep outside. Thorok knocked on the door, and heard a weezing, high pitched voice call "Enter!". Opening the door Thorok was instantly engulfed in a cloud of green smoke. Calling upon the power of the Wind Element in his mind Thorok blew the cloud apart to reveal a gnome sitting in a tiny wheelchair working with potions. The gnome introduced himself to indeed be Contriz, and that he was indeed looking for an assistant. Thorok questioned the gnome on what kind of payment he would recieve in exchange for the work, and Contriz replied that he had no money left, the last of it spent on the Mammoth. That was the whole point of wanted to sell his goods. Contriz said in exchange for the work, he would let his assitant keep 10% of the gold, the mammoth, for it would not let Contriz ride it anyway, and also would give his assitant books from which they could learn the arts of Engineering and Alchemy.

Thorok agreed, realising he would need a steed anyway, and that he would also need to learn some crafts if he wanted to make his way in the world. Contriz handed him a pack full of books, and some saddlebags full of potions. He told Thorok that an order had been placed for them all by a Goblin in Rachet, and that he should head there immediatly, due to the order being too large to simply mail. Once the order was given to the Goblin, Thorok was to mail the gold back to Contriz straight away, and to return to him as soon as possible for more work and supplies. Finally Contriz gave Thorok a smaller saddlebag with herbs, vials and engineering parts with which Thorok could practice his new skills and could sell the things he made for a little extra 'drinking money' as Contriz called it. Thorok accepted the items and left.

Outside, the Mammoth, whom Contriz had told him was called Cracker, for not only was that the first sound it ever made - when it bucked as Contriz mounted him and cracked his ribes - but also for they were his favourate snacks, had awoken. Thorok approved Cracker with the bags and Cracker looked back menicingly. Thorok realised immediatly what the problem was, he had seen it in the beasts of the Storm Peaks. Cracker would bow to no weakling, Thorok had to show him strength. Thorok was no physically strong, but he was mentally brilliant and magically powerful. To prove his worth to the Mammoth, Thorok called upon the powers of the Frost Element and launched a large well of spit into the air. Harnissing the elements power he frozen the spit into a diamond hard spear then snatched it out of the air before it hit the ground. Cracker made a sound Thorok could have sworn was laughter, then bend his from too legs into a kneel. Thorok smiled to himself, approached the Mammoth and put the saddlebags onto him, before climbing into the the Mammoths back himself. Contriz had given him a saddle big enough for an orc, so Thorok was comfortable enough as he erged his new friend on towards their journey.

"Too Rachet my friend!" Thorok called, scaring a couple of human children who had been playing in the street half to death.

[OOC] - Umm Im a bit new too Roleplaying, not really sure if the History bit was what you were looking for. Tell me if I did it wrong I will do it again.
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2010-06-17 at 12:48 PM.

Seems a bit short, but hey, this is your story. I would also wonder about the part that; He took out the two Dk's, but his father couldn't take them. Just a though. Also, mid 20's for an Orc is way to young for an Orc Shaman, I would add 40-50 year, and have his father die in his younger years, maybe when he didn't know his powers until then. Just some brain candy though. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Yeah I thought the ages were wrong, and the reason his father lost was cos his fathers really old. Will edit it to put that in. I thought these things but didnt write them down oops

EDIT : Done, hope thats a bit better?
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2010-06-16 at 12:06 AM.

Also, read some of the helpful threads, they REALLY DO help.

And his last name: Chillwing sounds too Deathknightish, then yet again, I've never played a Shaman, so It's to your/others judgment to see if the last name works
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Yeah I was thinking about the name too. Its meant to be something to do with the air and the cold, but I too thought it was too deathwingy/deathknighty, but Frostwind sounds rediculous, hmm, will think on it

EDIT : Changed, sadly cant change the title of the threat =( Much prefer the new name
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2010-06-16 at 12:16 AM.

Nice last name. Can't wait to have you Rping with us.
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    I posted a request to do RP on the "Request to RP" thread, but all the replies dissapeared? Does that mean they were all accepted or?

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    I posted a request to do RP on the "Request to RP" thread, but all the replies dissapeared? Does that mean they were all accepted or?
    there's a new policy, thats described in the OP of that thread, unless Garots edited it. You click a link, and then submit an app to the roleplayers group.

Deleted
    Oh thanks, didnt re-read the OP, I just assumed all the posts had been deleted, thanks for the info =)

EDIT: Applied now =)

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 01:48 PM ----------

Hay, just so ya know, I didnt have much to do (revising for exams is incredibly boring), so I added a bit too my History, talking about what happened once Thorok was in Dalaran, and what his proffessions are.

That's fine too! Any info helps!
    Best of 5 years!

Seems you utterly threw out your old RP background then

Looks good though

ps OMGHAX I found you on mmo-champ!

Deleted
    lol hay mate (Toasted is ingame friend =P)

He should join us, and RP as a gnomish toaster... that has legs and hands and mounted weaponry with the safety lock turned off and busted.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Elizabeth View Post
    He should join us, and RP as a gnomish toaster... that has legs and hands and mounted weaponry with the safety lock turned off and busted.
    never seen a person roleplay as a mechanognome, would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    never seen a person roleplay as a mechanognome, would be interesting
    I was having a thought of hosting a PvPRP in which hand to hand combat would be held in the battle island near The Barrens as some sort of mechanical being (I was thinking taking one of the famous robot chickens), but I'm having thoughts about it. If it's fight RP, people could get a lil OP, and no one would want their character killed either..
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress

and no one would want their character killed either..
    Battle rez? ^^
    ~ ♥ { Face of Death | The Cast } ♥ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ellié View Post
    Battle rez? ^^
    I was thinking perhaps setting up a few rules or something, but I dont know, I think I have too much in my hands already :/

I could live with that...

Always wanted pew pew lazorz!

Plus I was a gnome once, so I'm intregued by the Mechanognome idea
    Last edited by Toasted; 2010-06-17 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Pro spelling skillz

I was thinking perhaps setting up a few rules or something, but I dont know, I think I have too much in my hands already :/
    I could start it Missy
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    I could start it Missy
    Then go ahead and steal my idea :] claim it like yours if you want too hahaha

If you want I could help you out with the first post, though I wouldnt be able to join in afterward ": /