Page 26 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Earth shock used to interrupt and its cool down was either shorter or equal to the length of the silence so if they interrupted you once, you were effectively not casting ever again that fight. =[

Frost shock used to hit like a truck and the snare effect lasted longer than its cool down and had no diminishing returns so effectively if a shaman got you with it, you had no choice but to fight it. This lead to the popularization of FROSTSHAWK!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5mD1...eature=related

Iron Forge lagged to high hell. This lead to calling IF, Lagforge.

Death Coil did not always have a fear component to it and it did not heal you at all.

Fear used to last "forever" It was a lot of fun fearing people to their eventual deaths as a warlock.

---------- Post added 06-19-2010 at 10:02 AM ----------

Warlocks had to do a quest chain to get a Doomguard and they had to hope a grimiore would drop from LBRS (the least popular instance at that time).

Doomguards were beastly back in vanilla. My curse of doom killed the boss AND spawned a doomguard. The DG then proceeded to kill the remaining 6 raid members that were standing.
    Last edited by Lyeranth; 2010-06-19 at 09:56 AM.

I haven't read every reply, but here's one related to the orc shoulders size.

Untill somewhere in TBC, female dwarf characters had one shoulderpad larger then the other. And to this date, they are still bugged in their placement since they are permanently affixed to the torso and not to the shoulders, creating annoying clipping.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Deleted
    Havent read the last 10 pages but I remember the days when I queued to AV so I could farm Rich Thorium Veins all day long.

And Korrak in the middle/snowfall graveyard, winteraxe trolls with cave, gnolls, syndicate mobs. AV used to be ALOT bigger before. Kinda miss old the AV.

i don't know if this was already posted but i stumbled across this video on youtube showing the very first wow gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEYHbiKqF38

Deleted
    - Tier 2 had different textures ( they had scrap armor looks ) till patch 1.9?

In Vanilla WoW there was an item named "Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying." This book started a quest which required you to find a blade and have it breathed on by Onyxia granting you an epic sword.

The interesting part of this is that Foror is a mispelled reference to Furor, one of the lead content designers for WoW. Furor was the leader of the guild Fires of Heaven, a very prominent guild in the MMO Everquest.

In Everquest there were originally no raids. The max amount of people you could group with was 5 and there were no instances. A dragon was placed deep into one of the higher level dungeons at the time (maybe the highest at the time) and was never meant to be killed. Furor lead his guild of 60+ people in and killed the dragon. No loot was dropped, but soon after other people started to jump on board and kill this dragon. This was how the modern raid was born.

This is a recent one but: It used to take 3 seconds to mount up (now it takes 1.5)

I know this one has been said, but still: Mounts and pet took up space in your bags......
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Back in TBC,hunter pets used to have loyalty points. The longer you kept your pet happy,the more points your pet had.(capped at 350 if i remember correctly) You could then spend those points to purchase skills for your pet

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841 View Post
    I remember back when some trinkets actually scaled.
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/21625/scarab-brooch/ still does. =)

Great reading, i really like this! Gotta save this site!
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

think you must have played too long when you remember 95% of these things

Deleted
    That was clearly one of the best read evar in MMO for a while thanks a lot

Deleted
    Have no idea if it have been put up yet, but there is a dwarf named Rousch, standing at a tombstone in Hillsbrad Foothills with the following text:

"In Loving Memory" - Anthony Ray Stark, 1961-2005.

He was a friend to some of the WoW developers, and Rousch was his main char. And when he died, his friends at Blizzard arrange the memorial in a patch, few months later.

Also a pic I found in WoWwiki
    http://www.wowwiki.com/File:In_Loving_Memory.jpg

It almost made this otter cry, when I learned about it. D:

Deleted
    Awesome more please!

not too many patches ago, you could just invite some random guy to your party, jump into an instance (stockade very popular with ally) and just leave group for a free hearthstone if your own was on cd.

What a fantastic read, I can say that Scholomance, when it first came out was a 10 man raid instance, for people who didnt know
    Dear Blizzard,

Please nerf Rock, Paper is ok.

-Scissors

When hunters abandoned their pets they attacked the hunter.

I some how doubt this post will be found amidst all of this information, but I actually have a question that's been bothering me for a long time in regards to something that used to exist and doesn't any more. Hopefully some of you who've been around for a while can answer this.

When I first started playing WoW, somewhere in vanilla- I distinctly remember going to an island (I swear it was off of STV) where there were a ton of little dragons (mostly whelplings) and a humanoid dragon that gave a quest and also explained some dragon lore. The quest was, I believe, to put the ghostly whelplings to rest. Also, there were several large skeletal dragon corpses lying around.

I know it was there, I did the quest. However, when explaining to my boyfriend (who was a beta-WoW) he said he had never heard of it, and never seen it. I went around old world to try and find it before Cataclysm destroys the world, and I can't find it anywhere- so I was wondering if anyone else remembers this place...

Quote Originally Posted by Nakitaa View Post
    I some how doubt this post will be found amidst all of this information, but I actually have a question that's been bothering me for a long time in regards to something that used to exist and doesn't any more. Hopefully some of you who've been around for a while can answer this.

When I first started playing WoW, somewhere in vanilla- I distinctly remember going to an island (I swear it was off of STV) where there were a ton of little dragons (mostly whelplings) and a humanoid dragon that gave a quest and also explained some dragon lore. The quest was, I believe, to put the ghostly whelplings to rest. Also, there were several large skeletal dragon corpses lying around.

I know it was there, I did the quest. However, when explaining to my boyfriend (who was a beta-WoW) he said he had never heard of it, and never seen it. I went around old world to try and find it before Cataclysm destroys the world, and I can't find it anywhere- so I was wondering if anyone else remembers this place...
    It sounds like part of the draenei starting area I remember doing, im sure theres an island with whelps and dragon bones and also a humanoid quest giver

I am recalling sumthing about beeing able to jump off the air taxi gryphon/bat/whatever in flight. Correct me if im wrong cus, im not sure about this.. Its just sumthing I sort of remember. (getting old. -.-)