Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Rogue Solos Grobbulus

Jider, The rogue who soloed Patchwerk is back and this time he soloed Grobbulus.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtPIsUtmqCM or http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=155331

[quote="Jider"]
    download mirror@
    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=155331
    Jider vs Grobbulus (25man). This is the second and final video of the series titled "Jiderstep".

Right away you will notice similarities to my strategy for killing Patchwerk. The initial pull spot is at his the end of his patrol path to maximize the time I have for evade-mode intercepts after a Vanish. To eliminate physical damage from the encounter I only engage in melee range when Evasion is up and use Dig Rats and Shadowstep to kite while waiting for the cooldown. Dig Rat placement is critical as I need both locations to ensure the proper kiting path.

In addition to physical damage, Grobbulus has a few abilities that I had to account for, most notably Slime Spray (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=54364#used-by-npc). Not only does this ability do significant damage in a frontal cone, if it hits a player it will spawn a Fallout Slime which would guarantee a wipe. The Slimes are extremely dangerous due to their ability to inflict damage and the difficulties of kiting multiple mobs that move at different speeds. The method I use to counter this relies on the fact that Grobbulus will never cast Slime Spray for at least 23 seconds after the pull or a Vanish. So, in addition to only engaging with Evasion I also only engage immediately after a Vanish which will let me attack for the full duration without having to worry about Slime Spray.

With the strategy set, the rest of the fight again becomes an exercise in repetition with one very important detail. The kiting path for Grobbulus is very limited due to his leash point at the front of the room and keeping him at greater than 45 yards to stay out of range of Slime Spray. Through trial and error I was able to determine the correct timings to keep him bouncing back and forth inside his room for the duration of the fight (2 hours 45 minutes).

Additional notes:
    When Grobbulus paths to the balcony he throws three slimes into the room before Patchwerk. I deal with these by repeatedly using Distract and body distracting him after he throws a new set down. This slows down his patrol and after ~5 minutes the slimes will despawn and I engage before he can throw another set.
    Mutating Injection is never cast during the fight.
    If you look closely, I take advantage of a graphical glitch with the Dig Rats. If I position myself to near falling off the ledge, when I place the Dig Rat the model will appear to fall to the ground but the server still recognizes it as being on the ledge. This serves as a convenient way to mark my attack and shadowstep positioning.
    Using Shadowmeld in conjunction with Vanish greatly reduces the time it takes to get out of combat and reset potion timers. Utilizing this enables me to use Potions of Speed frequently even though Grobbulus spends very little time in evade-mode compared to Patchwerk.

Buffs used: Drums of Forgotten Kings, Drums of the Wild, Runescroll of Fortitude, Scroll of Agility VIII, Flask of Endless Rage, Blackened Dragonfin. My gear used can be viewed at the armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&gn=Impervious. Talent spec was 0/18/53 http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fZ0gqb...0kdVuAcRx:oqdz

Song = Sunlounger Feat Zara Taylor-Found Original Mix

Also check out my other video ROGUE SOLOS PATCHWERK http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=149637

-Jider
    www.impervious-guild.com
    [url]http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml

God, damn, rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

And you didn't let HIM post HIS news here because..?
    Last edited by Doctor Professor; 2010-06-21 at 11:40 PM.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

You make me proud :P

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

10+ Year Old Account
    myeh, wasn't all that impressed by his patch kill, and this is basically the same technique, it's 'creative use of game mechanics' to the point that it's almost cheating.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Too much work for no reward imo.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to defeat you in a duel, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him.
    He would be allowed to use speed hacks in Battlegrounds- if he needed them.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He is- The Most Interesting Player in the World of Warcraft.

ur my new idol

10+ Year Old Account
    hax.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Reward? You make it sound like you get irl rewards!

Now this is sad

I'll give him credits for actually be bored enough to do something like that.

Deleted
    I hear everything else in WoW has a point but this doesn't.

+1

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, this would be substantially more tedious and boring than farming heroics. What a waste of time. Good on that rogue, I guess, but people have abused pathing mechanics for as long as I've played this game and I've viewed such cheating with the same dim view from the start. It's lame, it proves nothing except that you are overly bored and have absolutely zero life, and there's not the slightest possible way you could spin the fact that you are abusing pathing mechanics for almost 3 hours to kill a boss for absolutely zero reason. Defense force, give it a rest. You can't defend this. It's sad. Just think of the actually useful things someone could have done with that time.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Actually, this would be substantially more tedious and boring than farming heroics. What a waste of time. Good on that rogue, I guess, but people have abused pathing mechanics for as long as I've played this game and I've viewed such cheating with the same dim view from the start. It's lame, it proves nothing except that you are overly bored and have absolutely zero life, and there's not the slightest possible way you could spin the fact that you are abusing pathing mechanics for almost 3 hours to kill a boss for absolutely zero reason. Defense force, give it a rest. You can't defend this. It's sad. Just think of the actually useful things someone could have done with that time.
    Like achieving something is much more no life then grinding ICC bosses on 17 alts ye?
    Jider: u rock

that's just plain cool, but I wonder how many attempts this took

Good job, my leather-wearing friend.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Silk u really need to go die in a hole and stay there forever. "This has no reason" YOU IDIOT this is a game he does what he finds fun, you are so retarded your just sad you cant do this.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamass View Post
    Like achieving something is much more no life then grinding ICC bosses on 17 alts ye?
    Nothing was achieved. That is your biggest mistake. Absolutely nothing was achieved. In fact, I would say the opposite of achievement is what happened. Whatever that is.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sctrojans1112 View Post
    Silk u really need to go die in a hole and stay there forever. "This has no reason" YOU IDIOT this is a game he does what he finds fun, you are so retarded your just sad you cant do this.
    Can't? You mean won't. I have never cheated in a game. I refuse to cheat. And cheaters aren't worth respect, only scorn and disgust. OH BOY THIS GUY CAN ABUSE PATHING MECHANICS. WOW HE'S SO GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Nothing was achieved. That is your biggest mistake. Absolutely nothing was achieved. In fact, I would say the opposite of achievement is what happened. Whatever that is.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 12:24 AM ----------

Can't? You mean won't. I have never cheated in a game. I refuse to cheat. And cheaters aren't worth respect, only scorn and disgust. OH BOY THIS GUY CAN ABUSE PATHING MECHANICS. WOW HE'S SO GOOD.
    u mad bro?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!