10+ Year Old Account
    In a galaxy far, far away, but just close enough to be home by dinner.

Laptop for school and WoW

Hello there,

I'm going to a new school next year and because my current laptop is absolute shit my dad is probably getting me a new one. I rather have a desktop of course but I don't think I can trick out a desktop. I'll use it for school and for World of Warcraft and probably Counter-Strike: Source but I'm not sure yet, as long as WoW runs pretty smoothly.

The budget will probably be between 500 and 1000 euro, I know that ain't much and I'm trying to get more but for now that is the prospect.

Thanks in advance!

To run Wow 25-man raids smoothly in laptop 1000€ is the starting price.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I recently bought an MSI GX740 gaming notebook, and i must say it is pretty sweet. It runs the newest games without a problem at 30+ fps. Wow also runs perfectly, 50-60 fps in 25 mans, i haven't seen it go below 30 yet, not even in dala. The price is 1100-1150 euro, but it is worth it! When you need a bit more cpu power you can enable turbo mode, shutting down 1 core, but overclocking the others.
    I would like to note that there are 2 versions of the GX740, a Core i5 430M and a i7 720QM, for gaming the i5 430M is adviced, since wow (and other games) benefit more from clock speed and not from more cores.

Since your name sounds like you are dutch i advice you to go to the site from azerty and search for GX740 (can't post links yet as a new member :<)
    Azerty is where i bought it, also tweakers pricewatch says that azerty is the cheapest dutch supplier for the MSI GX740.

I hope i have informed you enough with this :>

10+ Year Old Account
    In a galaxy far, far away, but just close enough to be home by dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Slack A Lot View Post
    I recently bought an MSI GX740 gaming notebook, and i must say it is pretty sweet. It runs the newest games without a problem at 30+ fps. Wow also runs perfectly, 50-60 fps in 25 mans, i haven't seen it go below 30 yet, not even in dala. The price is 1100-1150 euro, but it is worth it! When you need a bit more cpu power you can enable turbo mode, shutting down 1 core, but overclocking the others.
    I would like to note that there are 2 versions of the GX740, a Core i5 430M and a i7 720QM, for gaming the i5 430M is adviced, since wow (and other games) benefit more from clock speed and not from more cores.

Since your name sounds like you are dutch i advice you to go to the site from azerty and search for GX740 (can't post links yet as a new member :<)
    Azerty is where i bought it, also tweakers pricewatch says that azerty is the cheapest dutch supplier for the MSI GX740.

I hope i have informed you enough with this :>
    Looks great! Thanks for the information, and yeah I'm Dutch haha. Seems like this could be a very good option indeed! Thanks man :]

ghehe, ending your name with "tje" pretty much gave away that you are dutch :P