Thread: Leviathan model

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Leviathan model

I love how blizzard released this http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../leviathan.jpg and calls it a leviathan, when it is an octopus, which is the kraken. Yet there is a model in game the SSC boss, and the argent tournament dailies boss thing that is called a kraken, but looks if anything like a leviathan. I hope they correct this.

Still looks badass, imo.

And:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolle-Os View Post
    I love how blizzard released this http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../leviathan.jpg and calls it a leviathan, when it is an octopus, which is the kraken. Yet there is a model in game the SSC boss, and the argent tournament dailies boss thing that is called a kraken, but looks if anything like a leviathan. I hope they correct this.
    Okay.

You really need to realize the massiveness of this guy.

They put him in Dalaran, and he's as almost as big as the entire place. I'm searching for it on wowleaks right now.

iv played enough monster hunter to know this man is correct

last I checked leviathan was just a word for big thing. which it is.

also inb4 a kraken is usually a squid not octopus
    Last edited by Redcrow; 2010-07-01 at 04:19 AM.

The Krakken in clash of the titans (the new movie) looked nothing like an octopus.

And in the WoW map you can see the leviathan in the see since Vanilla. Taken as all these are mythological creatures they are subject to interpretation on how they are visualized.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Okay.

They put him in Dalaran, and he's as almost as big as the entire place. I'm searching for it on wowleaks right now.
    Id love to see that, sounds awesome.

Isn't Leviathan just a word for "Massive creature" ?

I've seen many different kinds of Leviathans in my days of fantasy gaming so that's what I thought it was.
    But mostly it's tied to water dwelling massive creatures

Okay, a Leviathan can be any sort of large, and specially long, sea monster. It has biblical origins, but can be used without any sort of divine connection.
    While Krakens are often times depicted as cephalopods, this is not always the case. The Clash of the Titans is a good example.
    The names can be interchangeable.

I think the model is amazing, and that the name Leviathan is very fitting.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

15+ Year Old Account
    http://img.fluxflashor.net/uploads/1276897786.jpg

Towards the middle of Dalaran, was just huge, due to the fact he had to morph into it.

You can see the teeth (under his head) meshing through the buildings.

Also, not sure if it's allowed to be talked about or whatever, but viewing him in the WoWModelviewer is just...insane.

Kraken are a norse (Viking) creature, when they caught alot of fish they used to explain it by fishing over a kraken, which all the fish swim too for some reason. Clash of the titans shouldn't be used as a basis for the kraken. You want how a kraken should look. Just google kraken all fanart is generally an octopus thats big. Leviathan comes from hebrew mythology I believe and it fought behemoth or something in the earth. But nowadays it means something big, simply because the leviathan was huge. A whale can be seen and someone can say "look at that leviathan." and they mean a whale. But you get my point. Also, I can't wait to see how big the WoW leviathan is, if its that big, thats awsome!

Okay.

Do want pics.

EDIT: Holy shit. I shat brix.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Okay, a Leviathan can be any sort of large, and specially long, sea monster. It has biblical origins, but can be used without any sort of divine connection.
    While Krakens are often times depicted as cephalopods, this is not always the case. The Clash of the Titans is a good example.
    The names can be interchangeable.

I think the model is amazing, and that the name Leviathan is very fitting.
    just say squid, not cephalopods, half the mmo community has no idea what a cephalopodawhachamacallit is. Also, imo you said that to look smart. and failed.

Quote Originally Posted by sersouce View Post
    Isn't Leviathan just a word for "Massive creature" ?

I've seen many different kinds of Leviathans in my days of fantasy gaming so that's what I thought it was.
    But mostly it's tied to water dwelling massive creatures
    Yeah the word is
    But on the same note the Leviathan is a sea monster in bible, and from the pic wikipedia gave me its a large serpent sea monster(im backing my claim up by other google pictures and monster hunter and for the fact that i know Krakens are giant octopuses and other places iv seen the word used its a large serpent creature)

So Kraken = Giant Octopus
    Leviathan = Giant Serpent Sea monster

http://img.fluxflashor.net/uploads/1276897786.jpg

Towards the middle of Dalaran, was just huge, due to the fact he had to morph into it.

Also, not sure if it's allowed to be talked about or whatever, but viewing him in the WoWModelviewer is just...insane.
    thats fking huge O_o
    inb4 thats what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Undyingchaos View Post
    Yeah the word is
    But on the same note the Leviathan is a sea monster in bible, and from the pic wikipedia gave me its typically a large serpent sea monster(im backing my claim up by other google pictures and monster hunter and for the fact that i know Krakens are giant octopuses )

So Kraken = Giant Octopus
    Leviathan = Giant Serpent Sea monster
    ty for backing up my claim at least someone knows what they're talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are two kraken, the one seen in dustwallow and SSC, which is a regular mob with no real allignment. and the other is the octopi kraken. This kraken has ties to the old gods, according to wowiki.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Kraken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow View Post
    this is somewhat related and amusing

http://www.reoiv.com/images/random/zoidberg_kraken.jpg
    New background, ty.

lol cephalopod with teeth. Hurm, thinking about it, its kinda scary

Quote Originally Posted by Trolle-Os View Post
    just say squid, not cephalopods, half the mmo community has no idea what a cephalopodawhachamacallit is. Also, imo you said that to look smart. and failed.
    Actually cephalopods are wonderful. I just happen to like them. Squid, octopus, cuddlefish, even the funky naurilus. I don't think it strang to refer to them as cephalopod, as it is both accurate and within the common vernacular. It would be like calling a spider an arachnid, no one is impressed with simply being accurate. Well clearly you are, but not most.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"