Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    the new talent design is such a cop out.

With the reduction in spell ranks, you could potentially get NOTHING when you level.

Quote Originally Posted by warrex View Post
    Dear Blizzard dev team,
    I would like to thx you for making the game so stupid and easy so even I and my retarded friend could play this game and f__k everyone else who actually can use his brain.
    I can just click on everytalent in my blue tree and I am done with thinking about it

Your dumpest customer IQ -10

Have a great day

------------
    sorry for my english
    No you can ban me .)
    Don't be so silly. First of all, my 7 year old niece can play WoW. I let her play my characters and she ganks people and does fairly well in random bgs. She even groups and does a half decent job. WoW is not hard. It has never been hard.

Second, this change doesn't make things easier. It just removes junk that shouldn't be there in the first place. I'd like to see you explain why choosing +1% parry or +1% crit makes WoW a difficult and complicated game.

Its not easier for blizzard, its harder, rather than continue with the old system with 4 classes officially released, and many more changed aswell, they have opted to change the entirity of the system, and people think that is easier to develop.

no matter what people say this is "really" about, the truth is that blizz are just trying to make the talents more fun. simple as that. I'll hold judgement till i see some trees.

Deleted
    I don't like the idea of locking people into a tree either, it removes alot of inventiveness, especially with leveling builds.

Since most talents are aimed and tuned at raiding, leveling takes what they can get.

From a pvp stand point i think this a good change. (as long as its done well)
    I see alot of people talking about the good ole days and how fun pvp was in vanilla wow. ive said it myself. maybe this will be a return to those times, if so i welcome the change.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbykig View Post

With the reduction in spell ranks, you could potentially get NOTHING when you level.
    Whaaaat? Care to elaborate?

//Sonoka~

"but we also want something that's actually useful at level 10. Lightwell, Circle of Healing and even Spirit of Redemption are very signature Holy abilities, but none are very useful when soloing gnolls in Elwynn."

Errr.... Do they expect us do heal the gnolls to death / till they explode? Do they really think players are so extraordinary stupid that they stand there "omg my Spirit of Redemption won't kill the gnoll...!"

I like the way it is now, new players bombarded with lots of spells in their low lvls, when they're supposed to learn how ther class works will just result in more retards unable to play their class.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea of locking people into a tree either, it removes alot of inventiveness, especially with leveling builds.

Since most talents are aimed and tuned at raiding, leveling takes what they can get.
    Ehm, you wont need the old leveling builds like 5/5/5 if this goes the way I think it will.
    Hence you getting i.e. Mortal Strike in level 10, you will do more well than with 1% more hit..
    Or am I wrong?

//Sonoka~

---------- Post added 2010-07-08 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorayiel View Post
    "but we also want something that's actually useful at level 10. Lightwell, Circle of Healing and even Spirit of Redemption are very signature Holy abilities, but none are very useful when soloing gnolls in Elwynn."

Errr.... Do they expect us do heal the gnolls to death / till they explode? Do they really think players are so extraordinary stupid that they stand there "omg my Spirit of Redemption won't kill the gnoll...!"

I like the way it is now, new players bombarded with lots of spells in their low lvls, when they're supposed to learn how ther class works will just result in more retards unable to play their class.
    but we also want something that's actually useful at level 10.. * .. but none are very useful when soloing gnolls in Elwynn.
    Care to READ all of the text? They want OTHER spells for level 10 holy. Like for example a DMG SPELL.
    Seriously, read before you flame.

//Sonoka~

The reason they are locking players into a tree is so that they can give access to some of the powerful, formerly high-level spec specific abilities earlier. They can not make the latter cool change without doing the former. It's a trade-off.

They're basically saying at level 10 "we'll let you have, right now, one of the iconic abilities (plus various passive benefits) associated with your chosen spec, that you previously wouldn't have gotten until you were 30 or 40 talent points deep, as long as you commit to spending your first 31 points in that tree". It seems like a fair deal to me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Ehm, you get a SIGNATURE SPELL when putting out your first talent, that is BETTER than 1% dmg, which is NOTHING while you level.
    I rather take Shadow step over 1% hit. But hey, maybe that's just me.

---------- Post added 2010-07-08 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butterbumps View Post
    The reason they are locking players into a tree is so that they can give access to some of the powerful, formerly high-level spec specific abilities earlier. They can not make the latter cool change without doing the former. It's a trade-off.

They're basically saying at level 10 "we'll let you have, right now, one of the iconic abilities (plus various passive benefits) associated with your chosen spec, that you previously wouldn't have gotten until you were 30 or 40 talent points deep, as long as you commit to spending your first 31 points in that tree". It seems like a fair deal to me.
    Well said, not many people here understand. Tho, I don't actually think they read the 'wall of text' at all. They saw one bad thing in the third sentance and goes directly to flaming-mode.

That pretty much happens now. i mean some levels(odd numbers)you get nothing new to train and you get 1 talent point that goes in to some thing useless.

I dont think its a cop out at all. Smaller trees are easier to balance and imo more class balance is going to make for a better and more fun gaming exp.

Best..change..ever.

I always liked playing a shammy, but the first 40 lvls as enhancment are just plain boring and you tend to shoot more lightning bolts then melee stuff.

but now with getting dual wield at lvl 10 its gonna be awesome.

/cheers.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridox View Post
    Best..change..ever.

I always liked playing a shammy, but the first 40 lvls as enhancment are just plain boring and you tend to shoot more lightning bolts then melee stuff.

but now with getting dual wield at lvl 10 its gonna be awesome.

/cheers.
    Agreed, I like playing shaman too, and since I can no longer access my account, I'll sure level a new one in cataclysm. Enhance here I come!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Chaos, hopefuly wont fail this new talent system!

I'm really REALLY looking forward to the new talent system. It seems like it could be way better than the current one.

And people, seriously, there is a difference betweeen making it easier, and making it more simple. Sometimes things are more difficult or confusing than they really should be.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks a bit dossy to be honest

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome change!!!

To all you whiners - stop it! You haven't even tried it yet and you're spaming the hell out of everyone. Buuuhuu! They are going to take away your favorite piece-of-shit talents and replace them with passive effects - oh, how sad for you! ...

Quote Originally Posted by Slashley View Post
    Smaller trees are easier to balance and imo more class balance is going to make for a better and more fun gaming exp.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashoto View Post
    Awesome change!!!

To all you whiners - stop it! You haven't even tried it yet and you're spaming the hell out of everyone. Buuuhuu! They are going to take away your favorite piece-of-shit talents and replace them with passive effects - oh, how sad for you! ...
    Well, they are replacing the passive talents with passive benefits. You will get all the same stats, you just don't have to specc into it.. >_<

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard is making the right choice here. WoW right now really needs a total rebuild and that's exactly what they are doing. Cut the whining.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-05-11 at 08:30 AM.