Holy Paladin PvP Help

Hi there: I'm looking to get into holy pvp on my pally and was wondering if anyone had some good tips or threads to help a new player out (outside of the stickies on the site as I've already read them). Cheers.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you interested in Arena tips or BG tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

Quote Originally Posted by G_A View Post
    Are you interested in Arena tips or BG tips?
    Arena mostly, and ten posts for links Shiro.

Deleted
    fake cast alot.

If you use gladius or any other arena addon, throw out a quick hand of sacrifice, as soon as you see a mage casting polymorph.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    fake cast alot.

If you use gladius or any other arena addon, throw out a quick hand of sacrifice, as soon as you see a mage casting polymorph.
    Great tip, but using hand of sacrifice like that might not be smart, it all really depends on the current situation. If your arena partner has cool downs still up and is 100% HP, why could you want to blow such a important cool down when its not needed. Communicate with your team mate, keep asking him what cool downs he has up, this way you have a better understanding when you have to use hand of sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by asway View Post
    Great tip, but using hand of sacrifice like that might not be smart, it all really depends on the current situation. If your arena partner has cool downs still up and is 100% HP, why could you want to blow such a important cool down when its not needed. Communicate with your team mate, keep asking him what cool downs he has up, this way you have a better understanding when you have to use hand of sacrifice.
    The point is that Hand of Sacrifice breaks you out of Sheep/Hex saving your trinket for something else.

Go to arenajunkies.com and read the forums or go to http://www.youtube.com/user/belligerent23 and watch his videos, might learn a few things.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you already have a partner? If so, whom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

Could you be a little more specific as what kind of tips you need / want so we know where to start

Quote Originally Posted by halpfultroll View Post
    The point is that Hand of Sacrifice breaks you out of Sheep/Hex saving your trinket for something else.

Go to arenajunkies.com and read the forums or go to http://www.youtube.com/user/belligerent23 and watch his videos, might learn a few things.
    Hex breaks on a few thousand damage, you're Hand of sac probably isn't going to transfer that much damage. And if the shaman is good, he'll purge it right off so it's basically a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by archangelz View Post
    Hex breaks on a few thousand damage, you're Hand of sac probably isn't going to transfer that much damage. And if the shaman is good, he'll purge it right off so it's basically a waste.
    I'm aware of that, still works for sheeps though.

I know it breaks sheeps but what I was saying is, why break a sheep when your team mate is 100%? Save it for when he is dropping low.

Quote Originally Posted by archangelz View Post
    You could also use Divine Sac, as this is not dispellable.

I've watched all of Belligerentz's vids and I'm currently in his guild >.<

But yeah, pallys take a lot of time to get used to.

(Alt is a 2300 pally)

Deleted
    Well, ofcourse it's situational. Saying "as soon as a mage casts sheep" was a bit of a mistake from my part. You don't wanna waste it if it's not needed. However mages usually play 2x dps, and healing a guy up thru ms, vs 2 dps is a freaking pain in the arse as a paladin. 8 seconds as a sheep vs frost mage/spriest can be a lost partner right there. If they are any good they will pop a silence/imp counterspell on top of that, or a fear.

Anyway, HoSac is a very nice tool many new pvping paladins forget. Divine sac is even better, but I always save that as a last resort for those oh shit moments.

Always keep a judgement up. Any class that can dispell will want to dispell it, and it cost them far more mana to dispell it, than it cost for you to cast it. You even gain mana sometimes casting it if you use seal of wisdom, which you should.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2010-07-11 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Well, ofcourse it's situational. Saying "as soon as a mage casts sheep" was a bit of a mistake from my part. You don't wanna waste it if it's not needed. However mages usually play 2x dps, and healing a guy up thru ms, vs 2 dps is a freaking pain in the arse as a paladin. 8 seconds as a sheep vs frost mage/spriest can be a lost partner right there. If they are any good they will pop a silence/imp counterspell on top of that, or a fear.

Anyway, HoSac is a very nice tool many new pvping paladins forget. Divine sac is even better, but I always save that as a last resort for those oh shit moments.

Always keep a judgement up. Any class that can dispell will want to dispell it, and it cost them far more mana to dispell it, than it cost for you to cast it. You even gain mana sometimes casting it if you use seal of wisdom, which you should.
    I was running pally warrior in 2s and any double dps team involving a mage was ALWAYS and oh shit moment, only use sac when you can't los it, or your partner is taking too much damage for you to heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    I was running pally warrior in 2s and any double dps team involving a mage was ALWAYS and oh shit moment, only use sac when you can't los it, or your partner is taking too much damage for you to heal.
    I completely agree with you here. My point was only that disac is so good that you really want that one for the most crusial moment. Anyway, I also play 2s with a warrior. (Tho I hate 2v2, only do it so he can get his arena points for now. Our shaman has been abscent for a while.)

For some strange reason, whenever we face a mage comp (usually mage/spriest), we end up on either orgrimmar arena, which is just gg if they don't suck balls, or at dalaran sewers, which is tricky aswell.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Go to arenajunkies.com and read the forums or go to - and watch his videos, might learn a few things.
    Omg Belligerent is horrible - His position, CD usage etc is just... Bad.

Try watching some MLG footage of CoI. black's beastcleave.