Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Rukari...you now get talent points half as much and most of the shit that means anything is given for free, and forget about hybrid pvp builds...their gone, you gotta put 31 points into 1 tree before you can go anywhere else. it's lame, streamlined and like someone else said. pick 1 of 3 trees and blizzard will make it out for you. no real choice behind it

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Some nice ideas but as a Holy Paladin the only talents I would take in Protection or Retribution are 3 in Crusade. Nothing else in the top tiers of either tree really appeals atm.
    Look at the judgement changes aka you want seal of the pures/imp judge and pursuit of justice is always nice
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

oh and yea i am being kind of a troll because i'm faided.....but still really blizzard...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Lawl, it's the first fucking beta build with the massive (projected) talent tree changes and the doomsayers are going apeshit.
    You guys are retarded, seriously.

Will we still need 5 points in each tear to progress to the next?..

Because I only need to spend 3 points in the feral tree as a tank in the first tier, im wasting 2 points as a result straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Lawl, it's the first fucking beta build with the massive (projected) talent tree changes and the doomsayers are going apeshit.
    You guys are retarded, seriously.
    Even if its the first beta build. Remember blizz saying you have a choice to pick something well after tier 2 you have to pick 90% anyway. Doubt they will change every spec again xD

I like the changes, new talent trees look good (although not completely finished) and... yeah - you asked for it:
    *gives Boubouille a giant hug* feeling better now? ^^

Regardless of whether it's "the first fucking beta build" or not, Blizz were talking about having meaningful choices rather than picking between bad talents to get down the tree. I don't think there really are any choices involved here, and honestly they should've by now been able to at least set it up so you don't have to take every single boring talent on the way down..

So I like where this is going. Like another person said, when you spend a point, it means something. No more spending 5 points to get 5% crit or random filler stuff.

Lets take the Restoration Shaman tree for example:

I just threw this together but I made a 0/16/55 spec and a 0/10/31 spec. What did I lose? Filler crap. 10% crit, 10% healing, and a scaling healing talent. I kept all the goodies and managed to get a 15% movement increase effect. Did I have a huge choice on talents? Not really, but you tend to see everyone using the same spec anyway, maybe with a few variations here and there.

If the trees end up like this, Blizzard is doing a great job. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Holse View Post
    Regardless of whether it's "the first fucking beta build" or not, Blizz were talking about having meaningful choices rather than picking between bad talents to get down the tree. I don't think there really are any choices involved here, and honestly they should've by now been able to at least set it up so you don't have to take every single boring talent on the way down..
    This.

it is extremely ruff. i mean shit look at the tool tips there's info for "abilitys" that won't exist come the expansion. but to put this out in such a absolute horrible form... unprofessional imo. even though its no where near the end. fix it. now look at the people upset about it here. now imagine what it's like on the actual blizzard forums. it's pointless to put out crap like this. at least i hope it's crap...because this is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    I noticed stuff like Inspired Judgements but Seals of the Pure just feels like a waste of talent points for such a tiny increase when those talents points could provide a much more valuable bonus in the Holy tree. Improved Judgements makes sense though (took points out of Unyielding Faith for it).
    Yah it sounds sad and makes us a tank healer again(i like tank healing as pala thats why you pick the class xD)15% increase damage=15% increased healing. But yeah there is no real holy paladin thing except crusade outside the holy tree xD

Quote Originally Posted by Holse View Post
    Depending on your gear you spec "should" change. earlier in the game you don't need the same stats as you do at end game raiding. situations change. but i guess now it's an all in one thing..doesn't that seem boring to you?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    People here are retarded.. sure, some specs in some classes may make you exactly like anyone else.
    But seriously, in todays wow there is no diffrent speccs iether, all end-game players play with the exact same spec, else they wont make the raid.
    I think this new system makes it hell of alot more diffrent than it is now, for example.. try speccing a retri paladin, resto shaman, beast hunter, mage or even a warlock. There is not lots of things that makes the specs diffrent, but there is things you do WANT but CANT afford, therefore we choose, and especially in the beginning of cata, players will NOT have the same specs, unless you do hang around on third party sites to check which build is the best for you, and TBH.. checking online which specc is best for you makes you the newbie. A new player that trys to spec on his own is more elitist than you guys, even if he choses one or maybe two wrong talents.

I like the changes alot, and screw anyone saying anything else, because in the end, you are dead wrong.
    Also, this is the FIRST BETA-build, what did you expect, 100% win instantly?

//Sonoka~

like i said. imma troll troll troll tonight/today >D. good luck and hopefully happy killing come the expansion.

so long story short - blizzard raped the talent trees, maybe in a couple of years wow will equal with tetris, no ?

Quote Originally Posted by notwarnus View Post
    Rukari...you now get talent points half as much and most of the shit that means anything is given for free, and forget about hybrid pvp builds...their gone, you gotta put 31 points into 1 tree before you can go anywhere else. it's lame, streamlined and like someone else said. pick 1 of 3 trees and blizzard will make it out for you. no real choice behind it
    I am aware of how the new trees work.

Blizzard is making our specs for us?... As oppose to Elitist Jerks doing it for us now? Are the people complaining honestly going to say that they maximized their build all by themselves with no input from outside sources?

All the PvE builds were already cookie cutter. The 'choice' you had was just leftover points because there weren't enough talents that fit your role so you had your pick of utilty talents you'd barely ever use. I'd rather have 41 points and 50 points worth of role-fitting talents than 71 points and 60 points worth of role-fitting talents.

The PvP builds were cookie cutter too, with bout 5 points of wiggle room depending on the spec.
    The hybrid PvP builds that are no longer possible were ones that Blizzard didn't anticipate, didn't want to exist, didn't feel were balanced, and tried to nerf without damaging either 'pure' spec.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Could Blizzard just autofill it for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    In the end it's impossible to avoid cookiecutter builds.
    Everyone has the same specs today. This is all the same.

And I don't mind, it was inevitable.

Deleted
    Less talents was supposed to be more choices.
    But instead of removing boring talents and adding fun ones, they just removed boring talents. So less choice, easier choices, less diversity, less fun.