Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    With warriors rage becoming more predictable and steady barring crits, talents that increase your rage become much more attractive, allowing you to get off more attacks in a period of time.

Fury getting a enraged linking attack will probably be a good reason to max your rage gen as much as possibly without purposely trying to do it to get Inner Rage to proc (it's an enrage effect) so you can use your new enrage linking attack as much as possible.

I like how I'm not going to have to make a seperate pvp and pve builds, they will be the same. I can finially have my dual spec as a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    playing around. would i make sense for fury to take incite and toughness or would something else be more reasonable?

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=AACd0irN.9mn.warrior
    RIP <SoP>

Why not improvedrend/deepwounds?

We are going to get 2 procs in fury, it is going to be hell to do BT + HS + VR + Slam. But we are going to use lots of HS so it will cancel out a bit.

Enrage procs of you getting a hit. Which does not happen that much of the time. Unless they ninja add-in AoEhits to count for it.

But ... No Deep wounds.. You have TG.. Seriously?

This would be along the lines of *better*
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=ZYdtHvXE.9mn.warrior

I would only go for toughness with single mind fury. And I'm not too sure about it.
    Maybe something like that:

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=AAzvWZYV.9mn.warrior

Don't see why use blood craze when you dont need to level anymore.

Not liking the fact that PH is impossible to get with a max-Arms build...it's going to be absolute hell in PvP. Not once in WoW's history has PH been out of reach for an Arms Warrior so I don't think it's going to pan out so well.
    Last edited by Aqueous; 2010-07-14 at 09:22 PM.

I personally thought the Warrior trees looked the best out of all the classes.

-Protection: I thought this tree looked by far the best. I'm guessing a 2/8/31 is going to be the standard build, but those 31 Prot talents vary a lot. If you get all the AoE talents you skip out on utility. If you get all the rage-generating talents you skip out on DPS/TPS. Even one of the posters above me suggested that Concussion Blow and Vigilance can be skipped if you think you won't get much use out of them. We might even see some variants on the Arms talents; with Blood and Thunder, Imp Rend might not be an awful AoE talent.

-Fury: I thought Fury's design direction was the best, but it will need some talent movement to achieve its goals. I love the idea of chaining different Enrages and really adding some different depth and mechanics to the tree. I like the idea behind Sweep and Clear and hope to see more talents that may differentiate a single-target and multi-target build. And I think we can agree that we're all excited to see the Enraged Strike show up soon. My primary complaint is that Bloodsurge is still obnoxious due to its interaction with a cast-time Slam; I'd much rather see Slam removed as a base ability and given, talented, to Arms (in place of Imp Slam) and Impending Victory replace Bloodsurge. Also I think Fury is still stuck not getting utility because talents like Impale and Incite still offer DPS options after filling out the Fury tree.

-Arms: Arms was my least favorite of the three trees. I think they did a great job condensing many of the talents (Blitz + Imp Charge, Unrelenting Assault + Imp Overpower, etc) but it feels like there's a distinct lack of new ideas in the tree. Lambs to the Slaughter is the only new PvE-oriented talent and it seems like a pretty mediocre DPS increase for 3 points. I think it was also mentioned that Disarming Glare is getting the chopping block (I can't find the link, but I swear I read it last night). Arms also suffers from the same concern I have with Fury: that there are ALWAYS places you can put your points for DPS increases, negating the option of picking up utility.

All told I'm really very happy with how the trees look after just a first pass. There are a few talents I wish were more exciting (Imp Execute/Rend) and I think some talents need moving if we're to see DPS builds vary based on utility but I'm excited after seeing this glimpse.

I'm not sure why everyone is sticking with Gag order as I rarely use the silence effect of the ability. Without the 10% dmg increase I don't see why the points can be used for other useful talents.

The fact that rend will now be applied to all targets when thunder-clapped, Sweep and Clear becomes a lot more valuable as you will be hitting several packs of mobs at one time therefore generating guaranteed rage, whereas the change is shield spec purely depends on whether or not you block(which obviously will be more effectively the more block you have). I see the apparent vigilance nerf as a buff. "focus your gaze or a group or raid target" this could be applied to another tank who in addition would appreciate the 3% mitigation as well as you guaranteed vengeance. I've never come to the point of having to use vigilance as a threat reduction for high hitting dps.

I would link my spec but as this is my first post im unable too ^^

Well the question Mocheeba is how many mobs are we going to be tanking? Blizzard has emphasized again and again that we're not going to be pulling like 8 guys in Cataclysm like we are in WotLK. Looking back to Burning Crusade as a guide, I tanked 1-2 mobs on average in heroics and raids. If there were more than that, we likely CCed them or assigned multiple tanks (in the case of raids). In this sort of a situation where every dungeon may have a mixture of pulls, some with casters and some with lots of mobs, Gag Order is just as appealing as Sweep and Clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mocheeba View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is sticking with Gag order as I rarely use the silence effect of the ability. Without the 10% dmg increase I don't see why the points can be used for other useful talents.

The fact that rend will now be applied to all targets when thunder-clapped, Sweep and Clear becomes a lot more valuable as you will be hitting several packs of mobs at one time therefore generating guaranteed rage, whereas the change is shield spec purely depends on whether or not you block(which obviously will be more effectively the more block you have). I see the apparent vigilance nerf as a buff. "focus your gaze or a group or raid target" this could be applied to another tank who in addition would appreciate the 3% mitigation as well as you guaranteed vengeance. I've never come to the point of having to use vigilance as a threat reduction for high hitting dps.

I would link my spec but as this is my first post im unable too ^^
    Halls of Reflection and Forge of Souls are why I'm keeping Gag Order.

I know, its still beta and all, but the new ICC5's are where they said they would like things to go. So places where you need to use positioning and even CC - especially CC if your tank needs a bit stronger gear. (I wish I had hunters as smart as they were in BC now, but I've run with some priests who the moment they saw someone out there they'd shackle them and it just makes life so much easier.)

Anyway, take FoS, they have those 5-man groups where 3 of them are casters.

You charge the first caster, hit shield bash, then intercept the next caster. That one you sit on which still leaves one caster out there flingin' shadowbolts at you. BAM heroic throw, they walk right in, thunderclap, spell reflect, shockwave, a couple cleaves. Those mobs are on you until they die to the righteous fury of your group.

Either way, as I said at some point on these boards. I will probably end up with 2 specs, one for TPS/DPS and one for survivability. I'm actually wishing for tri or quad spec so I could really adjust my character for the fights.

I'm also looking forward to the new glyph system and what new glyphs they will offer. (For those who haven't read, once you know a glyph you know it forever and you can choose which ones you want active.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Deep wounds is great but I was just thinking that taking the 2 points in either Rend or Dressing was kind of a waste since both of those talents won't benefit that much - unless you include a stance-dance rend into your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by diegofsv View Post
    I would only go for toughness with single mind fury. And I'm not too sure about it.
    Maybe something like that:

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=AAzvWZYV.9mn.warrior

Don't see why use blood craze when you dont need to level anymore.
    I like the looks of this one.
    RIP <SoP>

On further inspection I think my mind changed a lot on what the trees have to offer, protection looks promising, fun too, but I think these two will dominate.

Boss spec: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=IHO6EBpI.9mn.warrior
    In a single target situation with no special variation this should shine.

Trash spec: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=IOVur0MV.9mn.warrior
    Hold the line is a loss but I think the other talents are more useful for AoE situations, gag order is the single-most powerful tool in the enter protection tree when it comes to tanking caster adds/packs.

Both specs are based on the worst-case scenario when it comes to rage, if rage does not become an issue come cataclysm the talents Sweep and Clear and Shield specialization can most likely be changed, maybe even get some further AoE support when it comes to the trash spec, leading to something like this:

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=TWc0YZyJ.9mn.warrior
    (this spec is more or less just brainstorming but it could work), blood and thunder combined with imp rend and deep wounds sound like a mean combo.

Quote Originally Posted by alade View Post
    On further inspection I think my mind changed a lot on what the trees have to offer, protection looks promising, fun too, but I think these two will dominate.

Boss spec: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=IHO6EBpI.9mn.warrior
    In a single target situation with no special variation this should shine.

Trash spec: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=IOVur0MV.9mn.warrior
    Hold the line is a loss but I think the other talents are more useful for AoE situations, gag order is the single-most powerful tool in the enter protection tree when it comes to tanking caster adds/packs.

Both specs are based on the worst-case scenario when it comes to rage, if rage does not become an issue come cataclysm the talents Sweep and Clear and Shield specialization can most likely be changed, maybe even get some further AoE support when it comes to the trash spec, leading to something like this:

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=TWc0YZyJ.9mn.warrior
    (this spec is more or less just brainstorming but it could work), blood and thunder combined with imp rend and deep wounds sound like a mean combo.
    Do remember that Hold The Line becomes much more attractive the more chances you have to parry. Especially on trash because of the bonus it will give your critical blocking, let's say standard critical block chance is 30%, now you'd have a 50% chance of reducing physical damage by what, 60% or more? Something like that, possibly much higher, and that doesn't even figure shield block into the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokFURY View Post
    Deep wounds is great but I was just thinking that taking the 2 points in either Rend or Dressing was kind of a waste since both of those talents won't benefit that much - unless you include a stance-dance rend into your rotation.

I like the looks of this one.
    Just got my invite to cata and this will be the first build I'll try out, as soon as I am 85

Baring in mind that this is still beta:

Warrior - Arms
    Highly trained for battle with two-handed weapons, uses mobility and overpowering attacks to strike his / her opponents down.
    Mortal Strike
    Anger Management
    Two-Handed Weapons Specialization

They gave us the worst of the whole talent tree at level 10. (Anger Management)
    Impale got nerfed.
    PH won't be attainable hopefully GW will be powerful enough to make them not move.
    No Tactical Mastery?
    Execute might right over OP(Impale not affecting OP) from what they are saying. Still no extra MS effect which again gives Warriors the worst MS.

On a bright side Fury looks viable again, but they need to get FA off of a RNG, or up the damn proc rate to the same as a rogue. Also about ~50% of the Fury tree is RNG (Slam and VR) so we will see.

Tank / PVE Fury / PVE Arms looks the same old same old.

Hopefully we will receive more love, but it's looking like S5 all over again!

...and I hope Battousai deletes my post.
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

Quote Originally Posted by Deluyxe View Post
    I agree that a Blood Craze build may be a valid choice. To grab that talent, I would drop the 15 more rage when blocking, since right now we don't have many rage issues, but who knows comes Cata.
    In the beta currently you need 3 out of 3 in Shield Specialization to get Shield Mastery, they don't seem to have that on the Wowtal Trees yet though.

Arms -
    War Academy 3/3, Field Dressing 2/2
    Deep Wounds 3/3, Impale 2/2

Fury -
    Armored to the Teeth 3/3, Unbridled Wrath 3/3, Cruelty 2/2
    Intensify Rage 3/3, Improved Execute 2/2
    Impending Victory 2/2, Fury in the Blood 2/2, Enrage 2/2
    Even the Odds 2/2, Flurry 3/3
    Death Wish 1/1, Rampage 1/1, Heroic Fury 1/1
    Bloodsurge 3/3
    Titan's Grip 1/1

IMO this is the build you are probably going to see on elitist jerks, and good fury warriors the most.

I dont know why everyone is getting blood crazy for fury, pretty useless.

Enrage isnt great, but with the fury master stat increasing enrage effects, when it does proc it will be alot better than blood craze.

Dont see much use for skirmisher in a pve situation, 1 point in heroic fury would be better suited.
    Last edited by angratharUSAnub; 2010-07-17 at 09:22 PM.

I don't know where you are pulling the extra 6 talent points from, but that build is impossible lol.
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

Could someone explain me those level requirements for abilities? It is written that Mortal Strike requires level 40, but warrior will have it at level 10 if they choose arms. What about other abilities: for example Hamstring at level 26?! Why is Blizzard doing that?! How can we escape from mobs when we pull 2-3 and can't kill them?! Seems that leveling warrior 10-20 will be painful again.

Deleted
    hey, i need some answers from someone who got a warrior on cataclysm beta
    i play twink 29 and since the talent points will be awarded once every 2 points i understand that i loose a lot of abilities
    atm i can spent my points and reach taste of blood 3/3 at level 29
    in cataclysm i think i get only 10 points at level 29 and i can t reach 1/3 taste of blood
    can someone confirm me with a screenshot or smt if at level 29 warrior on cataclysm you will not be able to have taste of blood?

damm i like the heroic leap it will be not only nice but also cool , imagine yourself a warrior jumping in the air and bam.... stun.