Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    Orc: Muslim, "For The Horde!:For Allah!"

Human: Christianity.
    Dwarf: Christianity.
    Night Elf: All out Paganism/Norse God Worship. Everything about the race makes reference to the old gods.
    Gnome: None, soul-less chumps don't have a god.
    Draenei: They all worship Spock.
    i wouldn't call dwarfs Christians, they're closer to Norse Paganism than any other religion imo
    i'd see Night Elves more as Wiccans/Celtic pagans then Norse God worshipping, Wicca/celtic paganism is a lot closer to nature and in some regions the people also worshipped the moon
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBlunder View Post
    only thing that separates religion and science is darwin.
    that's not at all true. so does the scientific process.

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    forsaken and especially sylvanas herself would be atheist, for sure
    Nope they are true Satanists. Satanists believe is that you believe that you yourself are god, you are the most important thing. And most Forsaken fit that role completely.

Nightelves are Druidic, 'nuff said.

Dwarves are Cristianish, together with humans as the Holy Light in the beginning of Warcraft was indeed called God, but they are the more crusade style Christianity, not the one we have now, but dwarves have been converted though their previous religion was nearer to their ancestors.

Gnomes are Agnostic, as some do change into priests with Cata, they just need to have evidence for it .

Orcs, are Shamans, but they do have quite a bit in common with muslims (originally nomadic, honour is a very important thing).

Trolls are Voodoo users.

Tauren are druids.

Goblins are Capitalists. *But pickwick, thats no religion* .. Exactly.

Bloodelves are ... here I am at a loss.

Scourge are Luciferians, they do worship satan himself.
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2010-07-15 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Not really.
    Science tries to explain how things happen, the cause of something.
    Religion tries to explain why something happens, the reason for something.

So to give an example, like thunderstorms.
    We all know how it works, but that still doesn't explain WHY we have thunder.
    Some people want to see a reason for it.
    So that is why scientists can be religious.
    Never looked in that point of view...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    tbh id think due 2 garrosh his attitude and love for war and chaos,
    i say he's an satan worshipper.

you may scold and call me names for this but i think this is the most correct answer considering garrosh :P

Sincerely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Of course there are religious scientists. Having a faith does not make it impossible to believe in science and the fundamental truth of scientific facts. For example, I am eagerly watching the progress of the scientists at the LHC, and absolutely believe (if perhaps not entirely understand) that they are doing legitimate work to finding some of the mysteries of sub-atomic nature, and from that, the universe itself. And at the same time, I believe in God. They aren't mutually exclusive things.
    Well 2 ideas on a same subject cant always make sence. Lets take evolution as an example. Christians belieave that God created life on earth, and anywhere else it might exist, now a scientist would say evolution took place, and life on earth evolved from microscopic sea critters. For a scientologist to think that both happened just cant be right. Its one or the other.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by MustacheSnowglobe View Post
    Human: Christianity
    Now that is a false statement. Humans could be Pagans, Christian, Islamic, Hindu, Budist, Athiest or anything else for that matter.

Edit x2:

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    orc: christianity, something more specific but hell if i remember the sects
    undead: athiest (let me point out here that satanists don't actually worship satan, since a lot of people are saying undead would be satanist)
    tauren: paganism
    troll: voodoo
    blood elf: christianity
    goblin: non-practicing but not really athiest

human: catholicism, to me "for the light" always seems catholic
    dwarf: catholicism, being stereotypical and equating them with irish/scottish

night elf: paganism
    gnome: scientology
    draenei: islam, being stereotypical again because of their accents
    worgen: paganism
    Catholicism is a branch of Christianity.
    Last edited by loveshack; 2010-07-15 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Raptor Jesus!!! he went extinct for your sins must i say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Nope they are true Satanists. Satanists believe is that you believe that you yourself are god, you are the most important thing. And most Forsaken fit that role completely.
    i can see that, but i think satanism is stupid. it's like an organized religion that's against organized religions.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshack View Post
    Well 2 ideas on a same subject cant always make sence. Lets take evolution as an example. Christians belieave that God created life on earth, and anywhere else it might exist, now a scientist would say evolution took place, and life on earth evolved from microscopic sea critters. For a scientologist to think that both happened just cant be right. Its one or the other.
    One of the biggest fallacies with discussing religion with those that decry it is to assume that one must interpret religion blindly, without interpretation. There are many, for example, who believe that the religious texts such as the Bible are not literal accounts of what actually happened, but rather simply stories set around religious backings, with a backdrop of some, but not 100%, historical facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    Raptor Jesus!!! he went extinct for your sins must i say more?
    that, and someone has to worship the flying spaghetti monster

and the teacup, or whatever that was, i don't remember exactly

You may be right, but for now everyone appears to be behaving as well as a number of insightful posts being made.

Sometimes you need to have a little faith in your local forum dwellers!

have you ever considered it's possible for someone to be religious without truly believing everything his religion sais?

a lot of people (usually later in life) take on another religion then their own, not because theirs makes more sence or they believe the ideas behind it more, but because of what the religion stands for.
    religion these days can no longer be seen as just "believing" in something, it's more following the ideas of the religion.

For example: you can be a christian without ever going to church, simply cause you think it's values and lessons are important. you don't believe god created the earth and all that, but you still hang on to the values cause those are important to you and you're still a good christian.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

WHOA WHOA WHOA

you're saying "scientologist" to mean "SCIENTIST"

no

10+ Year Old Account
    Well 2 ideas on a same subject cant always make sence. Lets take evolution as an example. Christians belieave that God created life on earth, and anywhere else it might exist, now a scientist would say evolution took place, and life on earth evolved from microscopic sea critters. For a scientist to think that both happened just cant be right. Its one or the other.
    okay...but we all know that whatever the religous books say, it's all generally explained...It's all about interpretation....like i can say god created the current life we know in stages known as evolution...And the first humans (homo sapiens sapiens) were adam and eve?.....and you can go on...and no...there's nothing hypocritical about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Bashing other peoples believes are not for grownups. Stop the BS
    That's right!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    This thread was not to be about discussing the various religions, but if could liken a leader to a particular religion which would it be.
    it does not work this way. you cant "discuss" which religion a leader would "chose", without discussing the religions (they ALL SUCK! religion is the worst thing mankind invented..) themself.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Goblins would be muslims, blowing themselves up and all(goblin sappers)
    Oh no he dint!

To be honest I'm surprised this thread has survived this long. Anonymous discussions about religion == fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

Deleted
    That's right!

Well, since you lack evidence that proves someones beliefs wrong, then no you should not disregard that persons beliefs. It may very well turn out to be true!

i want something in wow to be buddhist

it's seriously the only organized religion that makes any sense to me

And from here, it will descend into fail. I at least tried to make some nice and insightful posts, but it looks like people are determined to just go 'HURRAGH RELIGIOUS IS STUPID I HAET IT NAD PEOPLE R STOOPID FOR FOLLOWING IT' flamewar.

In any case, I still think Varian is a Scientologist.