Disc Priest Leveling

I am currently leveling a Disc priest because I enjoy the idea of shields and what not and would love to have a 2nd healer. But my issue is that he is lvl 68..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&cn=Thechooch

That is his armory.

I pvp a little bit and run dungeons and that is all.

The problems i am running into currently is some of the content my shield aborbs are not keeping up. My shield aborbs roughly 1600-1800 damage and some tanks its fine but other tanks it isnt enough. The other issue I am running into is mana, I have 9000-10k mana and find myself on some runs having to drink every pull or every other pull because my shields cant keep up with the damage the tank is receiving.

Prior to 67-68 when I started Sethekk halls my shields had no problem on tanks and could absorb ALOT and sometimes would not break and I would be sitting there or running the whole instance never dropping below 90% mana. DPS takes some damage or warlock life taps id just pop a renew on him and keep going.

My biggest concern is because I dont quest I will not be getting the questing greens/blues from the Northrend quests and will be relying on upgrading my gear through AH or gear that drops in the Dungeon's. As of currently I am fearful to run a northrend instance because I dont feel that my healing would be okay for such a task. I want to drop the 2 points in reflective shields since I wont be pvping but other then that is there any advice?

---------- Post added 2010-07-22 at 02:20 PM ----------

ughhh my stats are showing for my enhancement off spec

10+ Year Old Account
    If you plan on respecing to drop Reflective Shield, toss the points into Grace, that should help keep tanks up.

After looking at your toon you may just want to add a few enchants, other than that he looks good.

As for the life tapping locks, I still just use bandages on them, why? Because we can, this is the best way to deal with warlocks that over use Lifetap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrednaught View Post
    The problems i am running into currently is some of the content my shield aborbs are not keeping up. My shield aborbs roughly 1600-1800 damage and some tanks its fine but other tanks it isnt enough. The other issue I am running into is mana, I have 9000-10k mana and find myself on some runs having to drink every pull or every other pull because my shields cant keep up with the damage the tank is receiving.
    As Madam said, grace will help substantially on single-target healing throughput, and consequently mana demands. Just a tip, your grace stack does not drop off your primary target if you address an instant heal (shield, renew, or PoM when you get it) on another target. A lot of variability you're seeing in damage taken by different tanks is resulting from the different degrees to which they may fall short of defense cap, which becomes quite evident starting with the BC instances. That, and people who still believe they can queue as tank and attempt to fulfill the role with dps spec and/or gear.

As to mana you'll find it gets a lot easier when you get prayer of mending (70?). But for now, if you find yourself weaving in a lot of flash heals, you may find the FH glyph to be of more value than the PWS glyph. Also, when mana is an issue, don't use your PI on dps, but rather save it for yourself for situations you know you'll doing a lot of rapid-fire healing.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted
    im leveling after this spec http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbuh...fRt0xtc:Amb0zc. And it works for me!