Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Tired of bad players, where is the logic? I mean wth.

So I needed to vent and figured I'd turn it into something slightly more than omgomgwthwtfnoobs.

Right, I entered FoS heroic today, another daily nothing new, druid who is the healer spots me having aggro and starts raging. I simply tell him there is nothing I can do about it, I use my stun on the one I get aggro from, use my salvation and divine shield every cd. I start fights with concecration then judgement (of command at the time later righteousness because the tank really can't keep aggro) so as you can see I start with the least possible threat output (and dps but I linger around 6.5-7k so) I then notice the rogue doesnt use tricks of the trade on our tank and that the tank doesnt use pestilence and I get a bit buthurt. Because I've been listening to this druid going on about how much a noob I am because I get aggro. So I said to the druid:

If you're going to place blame why not do it on the death knight who doesn't use any aoe threat appart from death and decay? Or the rogue who can't be bothered to use tricks of the trade even when the tank has threat problems?

I then get called a jerk, a noob and get kicked, all this while the rogue does 3100 and the mage 2900.

Now I've experience things like this SO many times why do people forsake all logic? I mean why is it so natural to blame a dps for getting aggro? When 90% of the time it's the tanks fault and he can/could easily fight it with a well placed taunt if it happens? both my paladin, my druid and my warrior are tanks, many people claim it's OH-SO-HARD to tank and that it's always the dps' fault if they get aggro.

So my question has come to this, why do the community accept baddies so much? Is it because it can indentify itself with them or what? I really don't get it.

pah venting..

Because They'd Rather Get the Dungeon over with and get their loot/Badges instead of kicking all the Bad players, and wait 10-30 minutes for another DPS/Tank/Healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO-7OycRNp0

Listen to Mr. Abbot's words, they are wise beyond your comprehension.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    I was in a PoS hc with my dk and the tank left so we got a new 1. He had around 4.5k gs (25k hp buff tank yea) and I always overaggroed him and lets not mention what happened if I aoed with pest+dnd. So I told him "dude I have more hp than u in dps gear let me switch to frost presence and let me tank coz we are tired of pulling the trash 1 by 1 and overaggroing you even if its only 1 mob". Then he said "GTFO noob l2p stop overaggroing me". I opened a vote kick for him, told them that they are getting their frost emblems tomorrow if he stays and it was declined. In the next minute I got kicked.

Flame them, kick them, hate them! And then never play with 'em again!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    Flame them, kick them, hate them! And then never play with 'em again!
    This is what I try to do but noobs tend to stick together and also my ignore list is full. 90% of the people who play wow would fit right into what I said in the OP... This game is making me lose my faith in humanity..

But I guess it's the best way. Time to go get that addon for extra ignore space.

Quote Originally Posted by SupHomies View Post
    I was in a PoS hc with my dk and the tank left so we got a new 1. He had around 4.5k gs (25k hp buff tank yea) and I always overaggroed him and lets not mention what happened if I aoed with pest+dnd. So I told him "dude I have more hp than u in dps gear let me switch to frost presence and let me tank coz we are tired of pulling the trash 1 by 1 and overaggroing you even if its only 1 mob". Then he said "GTFO noob l2p stop overaggroing me". I opened a vote kick for him, told them that they are getting their frost emblems tomorrow if he stays and it was declined. In the next minute I got kicked.
    Prime example of noobs sticking together.

to OP: u start with disabling RF

Wow is paradise for scrubs nowadays. Just deal with it

credits: Supernerd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dralai View Post
    to OP: u start with disabling RF
    Please don't troll the tread.

---------- Post added 2010-07-23 at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Wow is paradise for scrubs nowadays. Just deal with it
    mhm indeed. Come cataclysm I'm going back to the "don't PUG" strategy.

somedays u just have rly bad lucks with grps.

some resent random grps ive gotten into (i played an alt-priest with crap gear).

1. Pit of Saron: Ick chased a hunter who didnt bother moving, he died and blamed me as the healer, since the rest of the grp all was from his guild i got kicked from the grps since i was "such a noob who need to L2P.

2. Halls of Stone: 3/3 Dps gaypiled upon each other (on the giant stone dude whos name i cant remember) and, ofc, died. then the druid respecced resto and told me to stop healing cuz i was such a noob and couldnt heal at all and he could do it better. the tanks thoughts were the same.

3. Pit of Saron: last boss a HC ICC-geared hunter (GS=skills) wouldnt bother stop dps while he was marked, ofc we whiped.... twice i was blamed both of the times by the tank (even though i asked him to check the combat logg, but it seems he couldnt understand what all the numbers meant) and the grp dissolved.

It is in my mind a duty to help people who aren't as good as you, you just need to ask friendly if they could do this or that.

I've had a badly geared pug on FoS Hc once there was a warlock there who spamming SoC over and over we wiped on the first boss, I looked at recount saw what the lock was doing then proceeded to ask to lock if he would like some advice he said yes, I gave him advice on how to do his rotation and next thing you know his dps doubled and we downed the boss with no problems at all.

Oh and I think karma is real because the needle trinket dropped from the last boss and it was my very first FoS run, so be nice and you'll get rewarded

No excuses OP. You are dps, your no1 priority is to manage your threat and adjust it to the tank. If you cant do it then you are a bad player regardless of your dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    It is in my mind a duty to help people who aren't as good as you, you just need to ask friendly if they could do this or that.

I've had a badly geared pug on FoS Hc once there was a warlock there who spamming SoC over and over we wiped on the first boss, I looked at recount saw what the lock was doing then proceeded to ask to lock if he would like some advice he said yes, I gave him advice on how to do his rotation and next thing you know his dps doubled and we downed the boss with no problems at all.

Oh and I think karma is real because the needle trinket dropped from the last boss and it was my very first FoS run, so be nice and you'll get rewarded
    Problem is I politely whispered the rogue:

"This tank isn't great he isn't using pestilance at all nor even blood boil, would you mind doing tricks of the trade on him?"

Then he replied, in /p. It costs energy and ruins my rotation. l2p I dont get aggro.

which is obviously because he was doing soddy dps. Helping bad players is impossible because everyone thinks they are the kings of the world because of the GS addon and such. as goneloco said before me GS=skills.

Quote Originally Posted by goneloco View Post
    somedays u just have rly bad lucks with grps.

some resent random grps ive gotten into (i played an alt-priest with crap gear).

1. Pit of Saron: Ick chased a hunter who didnt bother moving, he died and blamed me as the healer, since the rest of the grp all was from his guild i got kicked from the grps since i was "such a noob who need to L2P.

2. Halls of Stone: 3/3 Dps gaypiled upon each other (on the giant stone dude whos name i cant remember) and, ofc, died. then the druid respecced resto and told me to stop healing cuz i was such a noob and couldnt heal at all and he could do it better. the tanks thoughts were the same.

3. Pit of Saron: last boss a HC ICC-geared hunter (GS=skills) wouldnt bother stop dps while he was marked, ofc we whiped.... twice i was blamed both of the times by the tank (even though i asked him to check the combat logg, but it seems he couldnt understand what all the numbers meant) and the grp dissolved.
    If you complain for random hc groups then try BGs sometimes - scrubfest at its finest. Also, when you see hunter, just assume that he's a retard. Doesn't do much good but somewhat makes you feel better when he dies to random things.

credits: Supernerd

10+ Year Old Account
    Because being a newbie is completly unacceptable?

its PvE, what do you expect

Deleted
    OP: put people like this in your ignore list, and you won't group ever with them,

well and prepare yourself to have a lot of similar incidents.

of course it's not your fault, but it's a pain in the ass to heal a dps who over aggro everything,

You won't be able to tell rogues, you need to do this and to the tank to do this, if they aren't able to figure out themselves to use those standards skills, they are just bad players...

the only solution to your problem was to adapt... dps and when you got aggro, use your aoe stun against undeads, focus the one you got aggro and stop dps... well sounds a bit dumb, but the last other solution was to juste leave the instance.

---------- Post added 2010-07-23 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post

a newbie is a person who is new to the game and learn.

if you're 80 and don't know your skills, 2 solutions:

1. you're a lamer
    2. you bought your account on ebay
    Last edited by mmoc3142c27852; 2010-07-23 at 11:21 AM.

Sure there's a lot of bad players out there who don't know how to use class mechanics (tricks / MD ) but you could have easily just auto attacked, or not even attacked at all for the first couple seconds while the tank gets some aggro. I mean is it really that hard to compensate for bad players? Any competent DPSer should be running with some form of threat meter, or is that not part of your so-called "logic".

Deleted
    no but getting some useful hints and then flaming because you can´t deal with constructive criticism IS unacceptable

Deleted
    Because players fail to learn their class while lvling. I expect a player at lvl 80 to be at least decent and know group mechanics. I just wish the ignore list was infinite so i could just ignore all the scrubs and play with decent ppl and not get frustrated, i dont care if queues increase by 50% as long as i dont waste my time with noobs.