Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kratos23 View Post
    here are all old beta/early vanilla talent trees:
    http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?vie...ry_select_id=6
    you can add that in that list op. it's interesting how shitty the early talents were, when you look at them now.
    5 points for 20% threat reduction. Wand talents, I remember those and for priest leveling they were actually recommended

My eyes..... they burn!!!!!! I'm too used to talents being a lot better

I've found the worst one now, Balance druids = No Moonkin and a 5 point talent that increases... wait for it = Melee damage by 10%.....

Tried building a Resto druid tree. I've actually got 6 redundant points that I can't find any talents to put them in
    Last edited by Alraml; 2010-07-15 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyo View Post
    I MUST know what happens in kharazan crypts, does anyone know?

---------- Post added 2010-07-14 at 02:23 PM ----------

Arent the kara crypts sealed off now?

There used to be the room with floating bodies I know, but what were the sounds like? I never thought to listen to them.
    You might still be able to get Polymorphed pass the gate. However if you really want to know, it is a heart beat, which gets louder if I remember correctly when you are near some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    You might still be able to get Polymorphed pass the gate. However if you really want to know, it is a heart beat, which gets louder if I remember correctly when you are near some areas.
    If you have wow machinima tool (legal) you can go there by using Spectate mode

You won't be there fysically but it's great to explore it

you can dance on your mount
    게임 은 어렵~~

The paladin blessing system was introduced to the game just a few weeks before launch (which sorta explains it's horribleness in vanilla).

no update for some time
    I Know My Spelling Is Bad so Live With it or dont and just die

1. Fury being OP like fuck in beta, allowing warriors to virtually endlessly farm high level mobs with little effort.
    2. Right after WoW went live, shamans were able to place their HS in one place and AR in other. I remember abusing it massively while questing in Barrens and HSing to Org every now and then.

credits: Supernerd

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe i saw it on the list, but I remember before Draenei that the "original" new alliance race in BC was supposed to be Whisps, where males were blue and females pink, you could put beards/mustaches and stuff on them. (This was quite a few years ago, and i cannot remember if it was an april fools joke or not, if so, my apologies and please disregard this post)

Quote Originally Posted by Bromance22 View Post
    I don't believe i saw it on the list, but I remember before Draenei that the "original" new alliance race in BC was supposed to be Whisps, where males were blue and females pink, you could put beards/mustaches and stuff on them. (This was quite a few years ago, and i cannot remember if it was an april fools joke or not, if so, my apologies and please disregard this post)
    That was indeed an april fool's joke. Their racial was "Detonate", when you would, well, explode, dealing shitty damage and burning like 20 mana, and die... PERMANENTLY. You would have to roll another character ^^ Pretty obvious joke.

Btw thanks for sharing all this, I started the game with the Open beta, it was so... different from other MMOs that I bought the game right at the release!

Oh and a little one... Wow was released in EU on February 11 2005, four months after US So even tough I've played the game since the beginning in EU, there are some things mentioned by the OP that I didn't experienced, probably due to being fixed in those four months. Still there were a lot of funny things indeed... Well funny retroactively because those were just TEDIOUS at the time, but nostalgia has quite an impact on the mind

GOD THOSE WARLOCKS WITH 30 SECONDS FEAR
    GOD THOSE SHAMANS ONE-SHOTTING ME WITH ONE WINDFURY (enh shamans were pretty rare in fact, but as a mage I avoided them like the PLAGUE in BGs indeed... Well when BGs were implemented at least, the first was Alterac (40vs40 at the time) and guess how long the queue was on a highly populated server... TWO HOURS. YEAH REALLY.)
    And there were 1h+ queue to actually ENTER a server in the EU (wouldn't know about US), and for like two months, until new servers were added. Good thing the game was and still is that awesome otherwise it would have been a flop with those queue times!
    GOD THOSE awesome crits with patch 2.0 as a mage, with the new talent trees xD Two arcane/fire mage could easily kill one big geared warrior tank holding the flag with two healer at his side, in mere seconds!
    GOD THOSE ENDLESS GRINDS TO LEVEL A FACTION TO EXALTED FOR ONLY ONE ITEM! Augghhhh.

Oh and another one... Frost/arcane was the only real raiding spec when you only raided MC (and back then you had to have 40 persons almost fully geared with MC loot to begin BWL, which was AWFULLY SLOW with 2-3 loots per boss), because a LOT of mobs were simply IMMUNE to fire... And some even to poison and bleeding like the rock elementals. And you HAD to spec 5 pts into imp. arcane explosion to make it instant and be able to AOE efficiently

Good TEDIOUS times indeed Nostalgia is great, but if you don't realize that the game is 10 times better now, well you're just a guy blinded by that very nostalgia.

(sorry for approximative English)
    Last edited by Yaushee; 2010-07-26 at 10:03 PM.

hahaha, looking back at the talents, im laughing my ass off. it was hilarious times, seeing a paladin healer or a beast master hunter was just CRAZY!!!! once geared up with t1/t2 you were like a god in BGs, still remember oneshoting people at LHC and sorrow hill, or me and 2 guild-rogues overaggroing vael every single time everyone had a dmg meter, very few had an actual working threat meter tho

ps. as a mage you could actually keep polymorphing someone and reseting to infinity since it always lasted 1min

ps. high warlord destro warlocks = seduce > shadowbolt x2 = dead with an overkill

Tseric lol i remember him. it was so fuckin funny

10+ Year Old Account
    great thread

Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post
    If you have wow machinima tool (legal) you can go there by using Spectate mode

You won't be there fysically but it's great to explore it
    If by legal, you mean illegal and against the EULA....

-The longest instance corpse run was Crossroads-Razorfen Downs, because there was only one graveyard in barrens. The longest non-instance corpse run was probably in Blade's edge mountains before they fixed graveyards there.-

The longest non-instance corpse run was in Ungoro. For a while in vanilla if you died in the crystal cave at the expedition camp, you appeared as a ghost at your hearth location. As a result, people were very scared to go in the cave on pvp servers due to rogues griefing there.

I didn't read all posts, but i'll tell something i remember. Back in Vanilla, paladin's design was mainly to be a buffer/supporter, and his buffs had just 5 minutes duration, and some paladins could be picked to raid entirelly to keep buffs on every1 (imagine 40 man raid ><), and we didn't had "Greater Blessings" that give buff to the target's class. Paladin's buffing was never so annoying like those times xD.
    Last edited by Madness20; 2010-07-25 at 11:47 PM.

Back in Vanilla, a level 1 Toon could have maxed professions. also, you could disenchant Lvl60 gear at 1/300 at the time. had a friend get hacked and his gear DE'd, after the hacker dropped his professions, to pick up Enchanting

I also has 3 toons with max alchemy and tailoring, to sell Mooncloth and Arcanite CDs, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for posting this, I didn't even know half of this heh.

This doesn't quite fit the 'once upon a time' classification like most points in the thread. But, you can actually 'legally' change account owners if you do it directly through Blizzard (if they actually do it or not and what the restrictions are is another story). Not feeling the effort looking it up atm, but its in the terms of service somewhere.

-Spirit healer whispers you hear when you die, say following things "Play World of Warcraft" "Give us your money". Of course they are very hard to hear, so very few people notice it.
    Not even remotely true. They whisper the same vaguely Latin sounding babble that's in a lot of the songs. It doesn't mean anything, either, it's just random fake words that sound like a neat incantation to bring you back to life.

Signature courtesy of Safhira.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaushee View Post
    That was indeed an april fool's joke. Their racial was "Detonate", when you would, well, explode, dealing shitty damage and burning like 20 mana, and die... PERMANENTLY. You would have to roll another character ^^ Pretty obvious joke.

Btw thanks for sharing all this, I started the game with the Open beta, it was so... different from other MMOs that I bought the game right at the release!

Oh and a little one... Wow was released in EU on February 11 2005, four months after US So even tough I've played the game since the beginning in EU, there are some things mentioned by the OP that I didn't experienced, probably due to being fixed in those four months. Still there were a lot of funny things indeed... Well funny retroactively because those were just TEDIOUS at the time, but nostalgia has quite an impact on the mind

GOD THOSE WARLOCKS WITH 30 SECONDS FEAR
    GOD THOSE SHAMANS ONE-SHOTTING ME WITH ONE WINDFURY (enh shamans were pretty rare in fact, but as a mage I avoided them like the PLAGUE in BGs indeed... Well when BGs were implemented at least, the first was Alterac (40vs40 at the time) and guess how long the queue was on a highly populated server... TWO HOURS. YEAH REALLY.)
    And there were 1h+ queue to actually ENTER a server in the EU (wouldn't know about US), and for like two months, until new servers were added. Good thing the game was and still is that awesome otherwise it would have been a flop with those queue times!
    GOD THOSE awesome crits with patch 2.0 as a mage, with the new talent trees xD Two arcane/fire mage could easily kill one big geared warrior tank holding the flag with two healer at his side, in mere seconds!
    GOD THOSE ENDLESS GRINDS TO LEVEL A FACTION TO EXALTED FOR ONLY ONE ITEM! Augghhhh.

Oh and another one... Frost/arcane was the relay only raiding spec when you only raided MC (and back then you had to have 40 persons almost fully geared with MC loot to begin BWL, which was AWFULLY SLOW with 2-3 loots per boss), because a LOT of mobs were simply IMMUNE to fire... And some even to poison and bleeding like the rock elementals. And you HAD to spec 5 pts into imp. arcane explosion to make it instant and be able to AOE efficiently

Good TEDIOUS times indeed Nostalgia is great, but if you don't realize that the game is 10 times better now, well you're just a guy blinded by that very nostalgia.

(sorry for approximative English)
    ^ this, wish I could have experienced vanilla =[ no fair