Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

On the term 'Mature'

Okay, I've been watching on some threads that mass of people dont know what the word 'mature' means.

It seems that they THING that 14 year old Twilight fans and -12 year old kids (primary example) are immature.
    This isn't right. Being fan of something or your age don't determine how mature you are. Your behaviour (spelling isn't right?) does.
    Heck, I've seen a 9 year old boy raid with me, and when he lost the drop he wanted so much, he only said 'congrats, mate' and carried on raiding, almolst topping the healing chart. I don't know if he was twilight fan or not, and frankly i didn't care. As long as the player acts maturely, i don't care. Even if he is 42 year old homosexualist (nothing against homosexualist here) with an ***hole bigger than my arm I-don't-care. I don't get to meet them live, do i? This is a game, for Christ's sake. And please learn some terms, because telling to a 14-years-old-twilight fan he isn't mature makes you less mature than him.

That is my 2 cents. I thing Horde just flames on the worgen race, without looking at themselves first.
    (For the record I'm not twilight fan, tough I'm really 14, soon 15 year old teenager. Sorry for bad english if it is, I gave my best.)

10+ Year Old Account
    puberty mate, the 9yr old kid isnt there yet, he knows his place. everyone between 13-18 is automatically an annoying kid untill they prove themself "mature".
    Ofc you have to give them a chance
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    puberty mate, the 9yr old kid isnt there yet, he knows his place. everyone between 13-18 is automatically an annoying kid untill they prove themself "mature".
    Ofc you have to give them a chance
    You know most lower-age kids will cry about if they lose the drop they want so much. They love to cry, thats why i hate babyes. ^^

Maturity is a state of mind that's apparently more difficult to achieve than one might expect.

But if we don't have stereotypes, how can we make sense of our world? We may have to think and experience something before we judge it.

And that's just wrong.

I'm going to pour some petrol on the flames here: in my experience, Alliance has more young people, and Horde has more elitist asshole-fanboys. Both of them are usually too self-absorbed to be much help for anything; but at least the kids on Alliance are physically immature (most of them simply too young to have the cognitive structures necessary for making sense of a confusing and abstract virtual social world) whereas the idiots on Horde are emotionally and mentally immature (they're adults who've chosen to act like kids).

Really, they ought to warn you of this at the character selection screen. Disclaimer about individuals breaking the mold and YMMV.
    Last edited by Direpanda; 2010-07-25 at 02:48 PM.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

The definition of mature is above 5.9k Gearscore.

Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    You have a shit definition of "mature."

Most physically mature people are not mentally mature.
    God; I hate you people.

Maturity is the difference between mindful and mindless.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    Theese guys are mostly immature due to their high gearscore. When they see 2-3 or maybe 4k GS in their PUG they start to accuse them of being noobs, forsaking from where they came from- from the exact same place. Thats why gearscore ruins the WoW community even more, wich is ruined big time witout it, because of players being immature, accusing others of being immature and not knowing what the word mature means at first place, this is why i created this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Heck, I've seen a 9 year old boy raid with me, and when he lost the drop he wanted so much, he only said 'congrats, mate' and carried on raiding, almolst topping the healing chart.
    this is bothering me, playing healers takes way too little skill and healing is the dominating factor in battlegrounds. We need to introduce more skill into healing or nerf it. A win should not be determined who has the OP role type. They just spam their 3-4 HoTs/heals, 1 CC and run away
    I bet I would never be as good as playing rogue at age 9 as I age 15-25 but probably have no trouble healing.

Only reason healing is so OP is cause everybody whom roll healers like being female characters and alliance has more pretty female characters and blizz want alliance to win more

Deleted
    Indeed. Before 3.3.0. everyone was immature.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    there are exceptions to every rule.. and maturity is a big one..

we recently kicked a 55 year old out of our guild because he was a pushy know it all who would argue with the raid leader on everything then throw a fit when we tell him 4000 dps is not acceptable for a "5600 gear score" hunter in 25 man ICC with 30% buff..

the raid leader was 16, patient, knowledgable and spoke properly

myself.. I prefer to stereotype with an open mind

yeah.. that means if you type "lol u r bad n ur gay" I will assume you're another twit 16 year old who's parents need to teach you manners.. if I find out later you're 32 and have a strong family and run your own business.. well I'll just deal with that then..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quit about a year ago around the time of the release of "TOC" when i came back about a month ago i noticed this whole gear score thing i find it funny how having gear is the determining factor of getting into a pug but I'm sure those raid leaders find out shortly after that gear isnt everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raubez View Post
    this is bothering me, playing healers takes way too little skill and healing is the dominating factor in battlegrounds. We need to introduce more skill into healing or nerf it. A win should not be determined who has the OP role type. They just spam their 3-4 HoTs/heals, 1 CC and run away
    I bet I would never be as good as playing rogue at age 9 as I age 15-25 but probably have no trouble healing.

Only reason healing is so OP is cause everybody whom roll healers like being female characters and alliance has more pretty female characters and blizz want alliance to win more
    Your logic is pretty failing, due to Blood elf females mostly being priests.
    Blizzard is working on nerfing the healer in PvP, so to make it equal to other classes.
    But how this is on topic?

Quote Originally Posted by raubez View Post

Skill is not limited by age. This is a terrible assumption to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    You have a shit definition of "mature."
    Lol have you not seen his name >.< "A Forum Troll"

10+ Year Old Account
    so we meet agin, mr maturitythread.

this is a question that is so very individual that it can't be properly discussed often.

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    yeah.. that means if you type "lol u r bad n ur gay" I will assume you're another twit 16 year old who's parents need to teach you manners.. if I find out later you're 32 and have a strong family and run your own business.. well I'll just deal with that then..
    What you should do is, once discovering the truth, assume they're another twit 32 year old who needs to learn some manners. Stupid comments like that are universally stupid, and so transcend real life success or failure.

Let me add—the label on "Mature" rated games is misleading. Making innuendos and drinking alcohol doesn't make you "mature". "Mature" is like, Mr. Miyagi. Or Thrall.
    God; I hate you people.